Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

You can’t do that now, I was drinking in the pubs when I was 16 and buying cigarettes, I also knew a lad who would get his wages in a brown envelope on a Friday and buy the end of it he was pissed and had put most of it in the fruit machines, so the temptation is everywhere, but I didn’t end up in prison.
yes you did, you got 15 months for that sheep thing :)

Not a chance we pursue this signing guilty or not, it’s obviously something that’s been known for a while and legally been released before we buy.
The consequences for anyone withholding this info after we signed him would be huge.
Great player but even if innocent would be difficult to shed the allegation which we simply don’t need on top of everything else.

Not in any way related to transfers our us or a move, but how would they go about proving it? Abnormal betting pattens or card/foul patterns can't be enough,surely. There would have to be something more substantial, admissions, witnesses, correspondence etc. If he himself hasn't placed bets, or immediate family, can coinciding events really be enough, even if they appear obvious?
I would think it starts with identifying who made these wagers. That could tell everyone a lot right off the hop. Are they friends of his? Are they shady characters as far as any criminal background? I agree, it might be difficult to bring criminal charges but far less difficult to cobble up enough evidence to result in a ban...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.