Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

I have watched a good number of West Ham games last season. I never saw Paqueta play on the wings. The wingers were Bowen, Benrahma and Fornals.

Maybe, but how many games has he actually dictated or changed? It’s not many and he’s now 23.
He has had stand out games like the ones against the rags & dips, but it’s not easy in this team, especially while the likes of KDB & Haaland are about, they’re the headline grabbers, because Phil is a local lad with prodigious talent, a lot of what he does is taken for granted, at a similar age Kev played 25 times in the PL with 7 goals and 9 assists, and was himself overshadowed by the likes of Silva & Aguero, Phil’s had similar goal involvements for the last 3 seasons (around 15) and is sure to take off if he can stay injury free, and find a permanent position in the team. We all need to show patience with him, he’s got another potential ten years at the top!

I cannot get my head around the vicious criticism from some posters about players like Phillips and Gomez. Our team cannot be made of 22 Galacticos - it doesn't work - and to condemn a player who suffered a serious injury in his first season at the club really offends me, and I hope anyone who believes that when you support a club, you support its players.

If we are lucky enough to buy this player, who I have not really noticed too much, then it is cool, and he will get all my support too.
£70+ million is a Galacticos price though, and there’s better players out there for less money. Don’t have a problem with Phillips or Gomez, but until we sign him, I don’t think it’s a good signing at all.

another dumb transfer story/rumour

last year he was available for £50m & after an average/disappointing season it would be shocking/ low iq from us to even consider a transfer and even more so at a higher price than WH bought him

Arent you a Bayern fan?

He has had stand out games like the ones against the rags & dips, but it’s not easy in this team, especially while the likes of KDB & Haaland are about, they’re the headline grabbers, because Phil is a local lad with prodigious talent, a lot of what he does is taken for granted, at a similar age Kev played 25 times in the PL with 7 goals and 9 assists, and was himself overshadowed by the likes of Silva & Aguero, Phil’s had similar goal involvements for the last 3 seasons (around 15) and is sure to take off if he can stay injury free, and find a permanent position in the team. We all need to show patience with him, he’s got another potential ten years at the top!
Over on the West ham forum, general consensus is he was a 6/10 last season. Granted he was surrounded by mediocrity, but no trees were harmed clearly.

I cannot get my head around the vicious criticism from some posters about players like Phillips and Gomez. Our team cannot be made of 22 Galacticos - it doesn't work - and to condemn a player who suffered a serious injury in his first season at the club really offends me, and I hope anyone who believes that when you support a club, you support its players.

If we are lucky enough to buy this player, who I have not really noticed too much, then it is cool, and he will get all my support too.
Nobody has done anything but support Phillips on his rare outings. People criticise him because they have eyes. They are also influenced by the manager, who openly criticised Phillips for coming back from Qatar overweight. This forms the basis of the view that Phillips does not have the mentality to play at a club like City. All of the other observations about his demeanour and body language since Pep's criticism are predicated on the belief that he's not good enough nor serious enough. Until he starts performing well, he will not change many minds.

As for Gomez, it's less about attitude and mentality, and more about the fact that he isn't a very good left-back. He does, rightly, get more slack from the fans than Phillips. His professionalism has never been called into question.

Not sure about foden being pushed out wide if Paqueta comes. Put them both on the open market Foden is a £120m player even with his age and the English tax. Kdb is 9 years older and Phil will in my view, be his successor. Kdb was 24 when he came. He had a good season (or so) in the budesliga, but wasn’t until he was 26 became the player he is today, playing the supporting role for Silva, before eventually being the main creative midfielder. To boss our midfield like Yaya, Silva and KDB have done over the last 10 years, you have to be at your absolute peak. Foden hasn’t come into that…yet.
I thought West Ham were getting a player when they signed Paqueta so would be more than pleased if he came, although he will come with a premium, being one year into a contract. Jack needs some competition on the left. Enciso would be my choice if we are hitting Brighton, as he can learn from Jack and Pep for a year or so, as the lad is only 19.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.