Luis Suarez Charged [Merged]

hgblue said:
SWP's back said:
hgblue said:
If Suarez's defence is that he didn't realise the term was offensive then he's screwed, and faces a lengthy ban. Bearing in mind the context that he and Evra had been having a running battle all game, it seems highly unlikely that this was said in a light hearted way as he claims. Besides, ignorance of the fact that a word is offensive is no defence against the charge (although the fa may take this into account when deciding the length of his ban). This is an opportunity to stamp this sort of thing out of our sport and it's an opportunity the fa would be ill advised to miss. I'd like to see Suarez (and Terry) get the sort of ban that will act as a deterent, and as a signal to any youngsters that this type of thing is unacceptable.
I just want to know when the hearing is.

I have faith that Mr Bernstein will do the right thing ;).

Next week then eh?

Pigeonho said:
twinkletoes said:
If it was a City player being accused of something like this I wonder how many of our fans would be defending him? I think there would be a large minority.
I don't think anyone would. Granted, there are a large number of people who have the old blue tinted goggles on, (when Ben Thatcher tried to kill Mendes, the bloke I used to sit next to said it was a fair challenge, and maintained that stance from there on in, even after seeing it on tele!!), but when it comes to something like this I don't think many would defend the player, if any.

Sorry lad but that is BOLLOCKS, if it was Silva being accused of racism, you would all be behind him. Were not going to turn on our player because some little rat from our rivals has claimed Suarez was racist towards him. Anything could of been said, i find it strange how not one person heard Suarez shouting ''Negrito'' at him, it all apparently happened in the box on a corner if i remember rightly, therefore there was loads of players around, but not one heard?!

Innocent until proven guilty. Charged does not mean he's been found guilty. Remember that.

LFC_2005 said:
Sorry lad but that is BOLLOCKS, if it was Silva being accused of racism, you would all be behind him. Were not going to turn on our player because some little rat from our rivals has claimed Suarez was racist towards him. Anything could of been said, i find it strange how not one person heard Suarez shouting ''Negrito'' at him, it all apparently happened in the box on a corner if i remember rightly, therefore there was loads of players around, but not one heard?!

Innocent until proven guilty. Charged does not mean he's been found guilty. Remember that.

Innocent until proven guilty, except for the accuser who you seemed to think is just lying about it all.

Bit hypocritical don't you think?

LFC_2005 said:
Pigeonho said:
twinkletoes said:
If it was a City player being accused of something like this I wonder how many of our fans would be defending him? I think there would be a large minority.
I don't think anyone would. Granted, there are a large number of people who have the old blue tinted goggles on, (when Ben Thatcher tried to kill Mendes, the bloke I used to sit next to said it was a fair challenge, and maintained that stance from there on in, even after seeing it on tele!!), but when it comes to something like this I don't think many would defend the player, if any.

So you've just admitted that you are only backing him as he is one of your players. Kind of makes your arguments moot no?

Surely he'll get off with it 'cos Terry will get off with it? Or maybe he'll go down while Terry goes free? One way or the other Terry will go free. That's the FA Way!

Blatter is a fool but he is only marginally worse than the guys running the domestic leagues.

What I find really interesting is that in both instances of racism (Terry and Suarez) our normally quick to wear their moral outrage on their metaphorical sleeves media seem to be taking a very "hands off" approach.

Whilst Blatter's comments yesterday have already led to pretty much every newspaper running some sort of damning editorial on him (quite rightly so) - there has been very little written about in particular this Suarez situation. Not beyond the two statements which have been put out by the FA and by LFC.

I get the distinct impression that the size and power of the three clubs involved (Chelsea, Liverpool, the rags) is the reason for this. Just a personal observation, but had Ashley Cole accused Joey Barton of making racist comments, I would hazard a guess we'd be reading much more about it and hearing much more about it from our normally over opinionated sports media. I could be wrong but that's just my feeling.

As for what Suarez is alleged to have said - I've no doubt that being the new comedy villain of the premier league he'll get hung out to dry by the FA whilst John Terry will be found innocent. I'm going to go against the general grain here and say that I like Suarez the footballer, think he's a top player. If he did call Evra what he's alleged to have called him, then as abhorrent as that may be, I can't help but not give a shit simply because Evra's a horrible horrible odious unbearable creature. Speaks volumes that Slur Alex loves him so much ...

There's a conspiracy theory here in France that Evra only made the accusation public via Canal Plus as he knew it'd gain him favour with the French press and French football supporters, which is something he needs to rehabilitate his international career and reputation post the World Cup fiasco which went on under his captaincy.

BillyShears said:
I'm going to go against the general grain here and say that I like Suarez the footballer, think he's a top player. If he did call Evra what he's alleged to have called him, then as abhorrent as that may be, I can't help but not give a shit simply because Evra's a horrible horrible odious unbearable creature..
Thats not really great reading, in fact its fucking piss poor!

The cookie monster said:
BillyShears said:
I'm going to go against the general grain here and say that I like Suarez the footballer, think he's a top player. If he did call Evra what he's alleged to have called him, then as abhorrent as that may be, I can't help but not give a shit simply because Evra's a horrible horrible odious unbearable creature..
Yep. Pretty bad.

The cookie monster said:
BillyShears said:

I realize that. It's not my intention to downplay how abhorrant I find racism (i am in fact a man of colour). I just find it difficult to feel sympathy towards someone who is allegedly a latent homophobe who, along with a few other 'senior' French players, taunted one of their teammates about his sexuality to the point where that teammate considered his international future.

Evra isn't some butter wouldn't melt innocent. He's an odious odious **** who I'm sure down the years has dished out plenty of inappropriate "banter" on a football pitch. Plus he's a rag. So I just find it impossible to give a shit - like I said...

BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:
BillyShears said:

I realize that. It's not my intention to downplay how abhorrant I find racism (i am in fact a man of colour). I just find it difficult to feel sympathy towards someone who is allegedly a latent homophobe who, along with a few other 'senior' French players, taunted one of their teammates about his sexuality to the point where that teammate considered his international future.

Evra isn't some butter wouldn't melt innocent. He's an odious odious **** who I'm sure down the years has dished out plenty of inappropriate "banter" on a football pitch. Plus he's a rag. So I just find it impossible to give a shit - like I said...

Oh I hate him Billy. But I loathe racism more when all is said and done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.