Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you understand.

This isn't about your valuations of the players. It's about how much a buying club will have to pay Everton to acquire those players if they were to leave. Would I value Martial at £36m? Mangala at £32m? Absolutely not. But that's what United and you had to pay, all factors considered. £50m+ is what a buying club will end up paying for Stones, Lukaku or Barkley, all factors considered.
hello bill kenwright

With the new TV deal and the amount of money even the midtable sides are going to be getting, I'd be amazed if any of those players went for less than £40m, £50m isn't a stretch at all (except for Barkley). There is just no reason for Everton to sell for less than that, they will have an absolute shit load of cash anyway and no matter how much money they have they won't be able to buy a similar replacement. £50m might get you a De Bruyne from Germany, but a De Bruyne caliber player won't want to go to a midtable team like Everton, even if they can afford it. The money becomes a bit pointless as you can't really do much with it (like Liverpool and Spurs with the Suarez/Bale money). It's easier to keep hold of the players. The only reason Everton would sell any of them is because the player forces them to and even then they would make people pay through the nose. The value in the Premier League is only going to get worse and worse as the teams get more and more TV money.

With the new TV deal and the amount of money even the midtable sides are going to be getting, I'd be amazed if any of those players went for less than £40m, £50m isn't a stretch at all (except for Barkley). There is just no reason for Everton to sell for less than that, they will have an absolute shit load of cash anyway and no matter how much money they have they won't be able to buy a similar replacement. £50m might get you a De Bruyne from Germany, but a De Bruyne caliber player won't want to go to a midtable team like Everton, even if they can afford it. The money becomes a bit pointless as you can't really do much with it (like Liverpool and Spurs with the Suarez/Bale money). It's easier to keep hold of the players. The only reason Everton would sell any of them is because the player forces them to and even then they would make people pay through the nose. The value in the Premier League is only going to get worse and worse as the teams get more and more TV money.
This is absolutely right.

Hope we don't go in for Lukaku, he will be worse than Bony. He's ball control is below average, and his passing is even worse.

Just repeating what has already been said; good player, potential to be great, not for us and especially not for what he'd cost.

Stones = 50m+
Lukaku = 50m+
Barkley = 50m+

Now I don't mind you mancs, I'm sure you can do basic math. Add that up and you get...?

This guy might go for £50m+ but only because strikers carry a premium, but Stokes will go for a little, and I mean little, more than what CFC were offering. Barkers needs to develop a bit more to carry a tag of £50m. (I've just been told this by my Evertonian renegade offspring!)

Anyone thinks Lukaku would be a good fit for City?
His stats in the prem are quite insane, defo for such a young player, but the question has always been, is he good enough technically?
I used to be a non-believer, but I get the impression he's improved a lot this season. Mind you have only seen two live games of Everton so far this season ...
Anyway I could see him in a partnership with Agüero up front, never liked him as a lone striker. Partnership with Kone now I think is one of the main reasons why he's particularly flourishing this year...
But could it work at City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.