Luke shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fat el Hombre said:
BlueDejong said:
Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganmen 56s
Pellegrini when asked on Luke Shaw: "I don't say nothing about it." #mcfc

Rob Dawson ‏@RobDawsonMEN 37s
On speculation Man City are interested in signing Luke Shaw, Pellegrini said: "No, no, no." Three no's.

Those tweets seem contradictory

the second quote is taken out of context.

manuel said "no,no, no, i will not confirm about any names".

We need to strengthen our defense, LCB and LB are our only real weak areas, if we sort it out we would be real contenders for CL Winners, not many other decent LB going at the moment

irishben said:
We need to strengthen our defense, LCB and LB are our only real weak areas, if we sort it out we would be real contenders for CL Winners, not many other decent LB going at the moment

How can you say LB is a weaker area than RB? Atm we have two very good LB's, none of which has a worrying past of injuries. One is better offensivly, and the other defenivly.

Bur as for RB, we have ONE we can trust, who happens to be the best in the league. But if we loose him to an injury we are in a very tough spot. Micah, no matter how liked he is due to his persona, is very very injury prone. ANd if he has yet another injury we are stuck with fucking Boyata. Not nearly good enough.
If Clichy leaves this summer, then I hope we have Shaw in mind to take his place.

Left CB for now, looks okay me thinks, with Nasty and Lescott. If Joleon leaves us this summer I'm sure we'll replace him with a quality player.

What I think we need, is a RB and a CM to cover for Fernadinho and Yaya.

Matt the Giant said:
irishben said:

How can you say LB is a weaker area than RB? Atm we have two very good LB's, none of which has a worrying past of injuries. One is better offensivly, and the other defenivly.

Bur as for RB, we have ONE we can trust, who happens to be the best in the league. But if we loose him to an injury we are in a very tough spot. Micah, no matter how liked he is due to his persona, is very very injury prone. ANd if he has yet another injury we are stuck with fucking Boyata. Not nearly good enough.
If Clichy leaves this summer, then I hope we have Shaw in mind to take his place.

Left CB for now, looks okay me thinks, with Nasty and Lescott. If Joleon leaves us this summer I'm sure we'll replace him with a quality player.

What I think we need, is a RB and a CM to cover for Fernadinho and Yaya.

There are two ways to look at this I think....what we need NOW and what we need looking down the road. Right now we most need a LCB...at RB we are good as long as Richards stays healthy (big if I know)...at LCB we are lacking quality regardless of injury.

Long term (hopefully this summer) we need to address RCB and RB and Midfield.

irishben said:

I don't Lb is a problem with Clichy and Kolarov we easily have better options than every team in the league.

Clichy hasn't been consistent in recent months. I think it's time to move him on. Luke Shaw would give Kolarov competition, something Clichy doesn't do anymore.

I'd prefer Ricardo Rodriguez over Shaw. Should go all out for him, Mangala and Clyne IMO.

I feel many are writing off Clichy somewhat prematurely. He's not had a great first half to the season, admittedly, but it was only a few seasons ago where many considered him the best left back in the league.

He was brilliant in our title-winning campaign.

Dr Jacoby said:
I feel many are writing off Clichy somewhat prematurely. He's not had a great first half to the season, admittedly, but it was only a few seasons ago where many considered him the best left back in the league.

He was brilliant in our title-winning campaign.
So was Lescott tbh. Things change.

Clichy is OK at the back, but isn't very good going forward, while Kolarov is good in attack, but not a good defender. We should be looking for a complete LB IMO, and Rodriguez fits the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.