Madeleine McCann

If a child went missing whilst the parents were regularly on the o

Come on Karen a child went missing near you would you really expect the local plods on night duty to shut the roads and borders on the basis of so little knowledge and while the parents looping after the kid were out enjoying themselves?
Its too easy to blame Johnny Foreigner while forgetting how long the Moors Murders (and the one little lad whose body still lies somewhere on a lonely moor nearly 60 years later) or Lesley Molseed found on a nearby moor where the police fitted up a local simpleton for a crime he could not have committed.
I don't think Karen is comparing the antics of our lot over 50 years ago to what happened in Portugal 13 years ago.
She is simply pointing out that the Portuguese police were sadly lacking. It took them nearly an hour, for example, to even call at the apartment.

Could not believe how understanding the police were when they were told of my grans condition. One of the inspectors said it had been a good training exercise
Good. Win/win
I don't think Karen is comparing the antics of our lot over 50 years ago to what happened in Portugal 13 years ago.
She is simply pointing out that the Portuguese police were sadly lacking. It took them nearly an hour, for example, to even call at the apartment.
I dont know how far they had to travel or what other priorities they were dealing with or whether the first on the scene. But l am sure that in most cases in most police forces in the world that the uniform? officers attend they are invited in and sat down as the listen to and record information. I dont think the first thought is that a crime had been committed and the importance of preserving what turned out to be a crime scene.

The Sun and Mail lived up to their reputations in blaming anybody foreign. They now have the German polizei to go at.

Last edited:
Good. Win/ein

I dont know how far they had to travel or what other priorities they were dealing with or whether the first on the scene. But l am sure that in most cases in most police forces in the world that the uniform? officers attend they are invited in and sat down as the listen to and record information. I dont think the first thought is that a crime had been committed and the importance of preserving what turned out to be a crime scene.

The Sun and Mail lived up to their reputations in blaming anybody foreign. They now have the German polizei to go at.

Sometimes foreigners are to blame though.

Sometimes foreigners are to blame though.
Of course but not automatically.

All l am saying is that the Portuguese police acted pretty much the same as our own would and the tabloid suggestions of blocking roads and borders in a holiday country is ........typical tabloid.

Professor McCann involving the Sun London is plain weird for a child lost in Portugal.

If a child went missing whilst the parents were regularly on the o

Come on Karen a child went missing near you would you really expect the local plods on night duty to shut the roads and borders on the basis of so little knowledge and while the parents looping after the kid were out enjoying themselves?
Its too easy to blame Johnny Foreigner while forgetting how long the Moors Murders (and the one little lad whose body still lies somewhere on a lonely moor nearly 60 years later) or Lesley Molseed found on a nearby moor where the police fitted up a local simpleton for a crime he could not have committed.

Let’s not forget the Yorkshire Ripper as well. There were a multitude of fuck-ups in that case. Some were simply genuine mistakes of course, but the decision to treat the hoax tapes sent to the police by “Wearside Jack” as genuinely being from the murderer while ignoring all other leads for 12 months or more cost, IIRC, another 3 lives. Not to mention the fact that Sutcliffe was interviewed on something like 9 separate occasions during the inquiry.

Let’s not forget the Yorkshire Ripper as well. There were a multitude of fuck-ups in that case. Some were simply genuine mistakes of course, but the decision to treat the hoax tapes sent to the police by “Wearside Jack” as genuinely being from the murderer while ignoring all other leads for 12 months or more cost, IIRC, another 3 lives. Not to mention the fact that Sutcliffe was interviewed on something like 9 separate occasions during the inquiry.
These things happen to all cops everywhere. I am glad we don't have America's problems although I am sure many Americans are thoroughly decent persons and police officers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.