Maine Rd terrace characters

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOIA-n_FypM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOIA-n_FypM</a>

Thought i would put it on but David Whites miss at the end :( shocking

tonythecoleman said:
m27 said:
Not technically a Maine Road legend but I'll ask again.....At United in the early 90s, Pointon sent off, 1-1, who WAS that lad who ran the length of the pitch to jump on Curley and then jump in our end. Come on, someone must know him. My second favourite derby after the 5-1. I want to thank him personally!
somebody must know who he was,WHO WAS HE?
Kevin Barlow from Rusholme it was ,mad as a march hare . I was behind the goal, it was madness in there when we scored, when i came up for air there he was hanging round curles neck, very funny.

2wf4ivs.jpg

i have more southstand pics from that day, will post them later

I remember buying a ticket for that midweek derby off a tout outside and the look he gave me when i asked if he had any city tickets.We intended to go down the side towards the tunnel where city were the year before with the barca flag!
When we got in to the ground we looked to the right to see seats had been installed in the summer where we intended to congregate,so thought we are stuck amongst this lot for the match.
Within minutes a small group of lads just started singing city behind us and as I
remember it city just came from all around the paddock and the stewards came in and put tape around us.
I remember taping the footage and hearing the scoreboard city sing stretford ,stretford give us a song after the game when they kept us in at the end.great memories.

Soulboy said:
I've just read all 18 pages and I can't believe the number of people mentioned who I know or have had contact with..

Les Tate from Langley... my brother in law was a big mate of his... Tiny Ted Davies who used to manage Mercer Celtic... I played for Mercer Celtic and knew Ted well... Bulldog... growing up in Hulme I used to go drinking with Bulldog in The Shakespeare... Johny Muir... I think he smacked me one night in Cheetham Hill!... Jocky... regularly have a chat with him before the match... And there's probably a few more that I've forgot.

Ah, the memories.
Les Tate from Gorton mate. Remember him playing football for the gorton mount on annie lee`s playing fields. This rag who was supposed to be a hard nut, turned up with some mates for Les. While the the match was in progress and in full kit Les just jogged off the pitch, vaulted the fence, ran straight over to th e rags and headbutted the hard one one the nose. He sparked him clean out then just jogged back onto the pitch as though nothing had happened. Pure class from the hardest city fan ever.

Bcfcgaza said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOIA-n_FypM

Thought i would put it on but David Whites miss at the end :( shocking

That's put a smile on my face cheers mate.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:18 pm --<br /><br />
ballinio said:
tonythecoleman said:
somebody must know who he was,WHO WAS HE?
Kevin Barlow from Rusholme it was ,mad as a march hare . I was behind the goal, it was madness in there when we scored, when i came up for air there he was hanging round curles neck, very funny.

He needs formal recognition from the club. The Barlow End has a good ring to it.

totallywired said:
Soulboy said:
I've just read all 18 pages and I can't believe the number of people mentioned who I know or have had contact with..

Les Tate from Langley... my brother in law was a big mate of his... Tiny Ted Davies who used to manage Mercer Celtic... I played for Mercer Celtic and knew Ted well... Bulldog... growing up in Hulme I used to go drinking with Bulldog in The Shakespeare... Johny Muir... I think he smacked me one night in Cheetham Hill!... Jocky... regularly have a chat with him before the match... And there's probably a few more that I've forgot.

Ah, the memories.
Les Tate from Gorton mate. Remember him playing football for the gorton mount on annie lee`s playing fields. This rag who was supposed to be a hard nut, turned up with some mates for Les. While the the match was in progress and in full kit Les just jogged off the pitch, vaulted the fence, ran straight over to th e rags and headbutted the hard one one the nose. He sparked him clean out then just jogged back onto the pitch as though nothing had happened. Pure class from the hardest city fan ever.

Oops!

It was my brother in law who was from Langley! Easy mistake to make... ;)

m27 said:
1_barry_conlon said:
You're about as sensitive as i am!!!

If this forum had a 'Panic' button I'd have pressed it by now. Internet bullying is unacceptable.

-- Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:58 pm --

mancityvstoke said:

That is the same coat he had on when I first set eyes on him in the mid-eighties on the Kippax. Even his phone is blue and white!

Legend.

that coat goes back to at least the late 70's i remember him giving the kids sweets at away games, and i am 40 this year.

he was a top bloke though.

as for the old tin badges, he had one that said there's only one utd and thats the chocolate biscuit, and also for fox sake stop hunting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.