Maine Rd terrace characters

Love seeing Pete the badge get selfies and all sorts of attention around the ground and in Manchester. Lovely bloke.

Love seeing Pete the badge get selfies and all sorts of attention around the ground and in Manchester. Lovely bloke.

ae7e6d.gif

Loads of PSYCHOS from back in the day have done very well. Some not so well. Many of them I know went abroad and never returned. USA, Trinidad, Aussie, NZ and Sweden just some I know of.

Fred will probably remember B Skreeton too from that area. We all used to drink in the Mauldeth , Derby etc.
I probably know you mate. I used to knock around with Fred in those days. Have to say I never saw him have a scrap with anybody that didn't ask for it.

I know Brian as well, not seen him for a few years. Great lad never failed to make me laugh.

Yes, I still see him on the train up from London regularly

Sat next to him on the way back when City had beaten Chelsea 2-1. Frank Lampard missed a penalty towards the end. Pete and I were pretty much the only Blues on the train. Carriage after carriage of Chelsea. Horrible.

Top girl was Debbie, had a brother called Tony. Used to go to all the games together, a big crew from Gorton and Ardwick. Everton away one year we were stood outside Lime st. after the game, when Eric Williams came walking up with a screwdriver stuck out of his back. He didn`t even know it was there!! Debbie moved to Hyde when her mam took over a pub there.

Was that the Eric Williams who used to go to Abraham Moss? Blonde haired lad...was in same class as him at school

Probably the first time I’ve ever read a full thread from start to finish, and definitely the most enjoyable.

All I can offer is that I was in the same year as John Tague at Marple Ridge (pitch invader against Bury in 98).

Also the frozen chicken man (Neil Riley) lives in Whaley Bridge, as does the City fan who nicked Goater’s boots (Jamo) after the Friday night pitch invasion against Birmingham in 2000 (he got his 15 minutes of fame on Sky Sports when Goater pleaded for their return before the Blackburn game)

Out of curiosity, did anybody on this forum attend away games in the Poyser era?

Considering our low home attendances, I’d be amazed if we travelled in large numbers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.