Maine Rd terrace characters

I remember mick the idiot (Stoke away running out the Boothen), Daffy (The Clarence), D Bigga, Geezer and Jap (Gorton), Sinbad (also ran into Derby fans alone on the pitch at Derby away last game one season), Debbie and Tony, Pez (Perry Boys, always in the AWAY section of the Kippax) Pat B (now Cheadle?), F Pratt (massive fight outside OT on Warwick Road Bridge with Utd) The lads from Bramhall, Longsight, Withington (wooley), Burnage etc (C Burns, G hayes, too many to mention)

There were loads of little crews in those days.

allan harper said:
M27 how do you remember that !
I was behind the goal when curley scored that pen, the reason I ask you is because my dirty rag mate was in stretford ene and he sed he had never seen a set of fans celebrate a goal like we did that night. We went absolutely raving mental. I got crushed jumped on and stamped on. Lol brilliant night. 10 men you couldn't beat 10 men

Great memories, was in the Stretford end that night, went off royal in the corner and there was loads of blues in there.

ChippyPerthBlue said:
allan harper said:
M27 how do you remember that !
I was behind the goal when curley scored that pen, the reason I ask you is because my dirty rag mate was in stretford ene and he sed he had never seen a set of fans celebrate a goal like we did that night. We went absolutely raving mental. I got crushed jumped on and stamped on. Lol brilliant night. 10 men you couldn't beat 10 men

Great memories, was in the Stretford end that night, went off royal in the corner and there was loads of blues in there.

3 of us were stood in that corner, we actually went with a utd fan, whom said to us, sorry lads i would sooner go and stand with my own fans there were that many city in there.

i cannot remember any trouble as such, plenty of verbals, and ultimately they cordoned the city fans off and held us back after the whistle.

and yes we certainly didnt hid the fact we were city fans, and when we scored it was like being on the kippax.

fathellensbellend said:
ChippyPerthBlue said:

3 of us were stood in that corner, we actually went with a utd fan, whom said to us, sorry lads i would sooner go and stand with my own fans there were that many city in there.

i cannot remember any trouble as such, plenty of verbals, and ultimately they cordoned the city fans off and held us back after the whistle.

and yes we certainly didnt hid the fact we were city fans, and when we scored it was like being on the kippax.

There was something special about that night. Eventhough we only got a point and really should have won, I had an absolute ball. The blue and white balloons given to us on entry, the Blues in the Stretford End, Dissa maiming Giggs, Whitey taking the piss out of Bruce, THAT legend who ran the length of the pitch, "Ten men, you couldn't beat ten men...." Great memories.

I always ask this but if someone can find on-line footage from this game please put in on here. I remember having a video of the game and I must have worn it out rewinding the Curle pen over and over again to watch us lot go mental behind the goal.

totallywired said:
Rob Gretton liked a ruck as well. Does anybody remember that little guy from gorton who used to knock about with les tate. Remember him at everton years ago on a boxing day with a turkey leg in his hand sing `hit them with your turkey leg, hit them` to the ian dury song.

Count yourself lucky you didn't have to skin up for him every 10mins!!!!

m27 said:
fathellensbellend said:

There was something special about that night. Eventhough we only got a point and really should have won, I had an absolute ball. The blue and white balloons given to us on entry, the Blues in the Stretford End, Dissa maiming Giggs, Whitey taking the piss out of Bruce, THAT legend who ran the length of the pitch, "Ten men, you couldn't beat ten men...." Great memories.

I always ask this but if someone can find on-line footage from this game please put in on here. I remember having a video of the game and I must have worn it out rewinding the Curle pen over and over again to watch us lot go mental behind the goal.

i remember coton coming to the stretford end, and our group in the corner singing england's england's number 1 to him, he look very suprised to say the least.

whatever utd fans say, city fans absolutely took the piss that night, and there is no way they would have done the same on the kippax

I have a photograph of the man in all the old city gear waving his free scarf at the derby, in the south stand, It was published in the Guardian weekend magazine when I was doing my painting the blues project a couple of seasons ago- not sure how to post it on here though.

m27 said:
felixbg said:
spoke to him on the bus last week ... hes got 2 of the coats he's got and refuses to wear any city merchandise with a brand name on it. Some of his badges are brilliant too, about fergie & united, ask him to show you them next time, he covers them up with his scarf. legend

When I was a kid on the Kippax I was so small I had to get there 90 minutes before kick off and postion myself above the big tunnel nearest the North Stand so I had any chance of a view. From about 1987 onwards this bloke was always there right near me above the tunnel. I saw him the other week for the first time since the Kippax wasn't standing. Legend.

When you were a kid???? lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.