Maine Rd terrace characters

paulchapo said:
mostonbluemark said:
Hung around with Bulldog and his crew at away games in the 70's & 80's. Never a dull moment, although i didn't think he matched his reputation.

There is a lot of myth,smoke and mirrors surrounding a lot of characters but that's what makes them characters,lol!

A bouncer from Coventry,now a famous author and screenwrighter,Geoff Thompson,[read watch my back] and a few of his other books,great reads,used to get threatened with HIMSELF,lol!!One time it happened he said to the bloke mouthing off,''So this Thompson bloke is a mate of yours then?''The bloke replied,''Yes and you are fucking dead!''

Geoff then says,''Well when you see that Thompson you tell him i said he's a wanker!!''....His doormates were pissing themselves laughing,classic!

Love his stuff,read some of "The Formula" when I hit a bad patch and sent him an email thanking him for helping me,he replied as well!

Also,he has a DVD that believe it or not shows you how to avoid conflict in restricted space like a bar but what to do if you cant avoid,it works!Finishes it with learn how to punch f-----g hard!

Tbilisi said:
paulchapo said:
mostonbluemark said:
Hung around with Bulldog and his crew at away games in the 70's & 80's. Never a dull moment, although i didn't think he matched his reputation.

There is a lot of myth,smoke and mirrors surrounding a lot of characters but that's what makes them characters,lol!

A bouncer from Coventry,now a famous author and screenwrighter,Geoff Thompson,[read watch my back] and a few of his other books,great reads,used to get threatened with HIMSELF,lol!!One time it happened he said to the bloke mouthing off,''So this Thompson bloke is a mate of yours then?''The bloke replied,''Yes and you are fucking dead!''

Geoff then says,''Well when you see that Thompson you tell him i said he's a wanker!!''....His doormates were pissing themselves laughing,classic!

Love his stuff,read some of "The Formula" when I hit a bad patch and sent him an email thanking him for helping me,he replied as well!

Also,he has a DVD that believe it or not shows you how to avoid conflict in restricted space like a bar but what to do if you cant avoid,it works!Finishes it with learn how to punch f-----g hard!

Most of his work is inspirational and yes he will always take time from his busy schedule to try and respond.He has a website with some great free stories about life etcetera too.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Does anyone else remember that weird looking, short bloke with the comb-over that wore cuban heels, who used to sit in the Main Stand, just above the tunnel?

No but that might be because there have been two many ciders under the bridge since those days.

Me and Jimmy O'dea spent a season on the intro to MOTD just a I've the dug out above Billy McNeil - but I'm not claiming to be a Maine Road character.

Does anyone remember Martin in North stand M block. Always got told off by his mum for swearing. Haha. I think he may have had Tourettes(spelling). He would always shout "Bring on Paul Dickhead" Then his Mum would say "Stop it Martin" Then Martin would reply "FUCK OFF"

This happened nearly every game. Im sorry Martin if your on here.

Does anyone else remember that weird looking, short bloke with the comb-over that wore cuban heels, who used to sit in the Main Stand, just above the tunnel?

Was he from Altrincham? ;)

No but I remember his psycho mate who sat next to him jumping down from the top of the tunnel once and breaking his ankle.

proper psycho with a checked jacket? Peter I think his name was.

mancityvstoke said:

proper psycho with a checked jacket? Peter I think his name was.
Was partial to a lock-in

Yes, we used to call him Wiggy. He had a mate with blonde hair, if its the same bloke and he used to shout, "Come on City! Keep the pot boiling!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.