Malcolm Allison RIP - Confirmed

Being too young to remember the Mercer-Allison years I am not especially upset by the news in terms of tears etc.

Instead I think it is a good opportunity to reflect upon and celebrate those good times, and look forward to the future hoping they are not too far from a return.

While morons in the media suggest we have no history, men like Malcolm Allison contributed to a rich history we can be very proud of. For that I thank him.

Although I never saw him at City, some of my happiest times as a child was sat in front of the fire listening to my Grandad regale me with tales of Doherty, Paul, Mercer and Allison. Unlike the persona that was Big Mal, my Grandad, in his later years, was very reticent and disengaged. Only when the subject was shifted to the Mercer-Allison glory years did that twinkle in his eye shine bright. I think Allison's antics reminded him what it was to be young again. After all, young or old, how can you not laugh at Big Mal's dislike for convention?

Rest In Peace Mal.

You were before my time, but the legacy you leave will be here long after me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.