Malcolm Allison RIP - Confirmed

RIP - a true legend, as John Nic said on F365 he was a "Champagne Supernova". Even United fans had nice things to say, thought this was valid:

"Being a United fan I both hated and loved Big Mal in equal measure. The game needs people like him, Mavericks. Genius is a word banded about to much these days but the man was a Genius, he will be sadly missed. I don't smoke but will light up a fat one in honour of him tonight. R.I.P Mr Allison."

Fedora off to the rag in question. Sleep easy Big Mal :)

RIP Big Mal, in my opinion you were our Bill Shankly you brought us out of the red shadow, you hated seeing all the kids wearing United shirts around OUR CITY, you changed that. You built and coached the greatest ever City team, YOU gave us Colin Bell. It was the young team that YOU was developing plus Gow, Hutchison and Macdonald that got us to the 81 Cup Final.

The saddest thing I will remember is seeing you at the bottom end of Joe Mercer way with two officials standing with you and hundreds of Blues walking straight past you not even recognising who you were. I stopped my car and got my daughter to jump out and ask you to sign our programme, you smiled warmly and signed, my girl got back in the car and the signature was just a scrawl. I will treasure that programme forever.

A TRUE MAN CITY LEGEND RIP<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:51 pm --<br /><br />RIP Big Mal, in my opinion you were our Bill Shankly you brought us out of the red shadow, you hated seeing all the kids wearing United shirts around OUR CITY, you changed that. You built and coached the greatest ever City team, YOU gave us Colin Bell. It was the young team that YOU was developing plus Gow, Hutchison and Macdonald that got us to the 81 Cup Final.

The saddest thing I will remember is seeing you at the bottom end of Joe Mercer way with two officials standing with you and hundreds of Blues walking straight past you not even recognising who you were. I stopped my car and got my daughter to jump out and ask you to sign our programme, you smiled warmly and signed, my girl got back in the car and the signature was just a scrawl. I will treasure that programme forever.

A TRUE MAN CITY LEGEND RIP

guvnors son mcfc said:
RIP Big Mal, in my opinion you were our Bill Shankly you brought us out of the red shadow, you hated seeing all the kids wearing United shirts around OUR CITY, you changed that. You built and coached the greatest ever City team, YOU gave us Colin Bell. It was the young team that YOU was developing plus Gow, Hutchison and Macdonald that got us to the 81 Cup Final.

-- Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:51 pm --

Great post mate.

Whenever I hear some fool in the media/wider football world saying that Manchester City have no history, the legacy of just this one great man gives that crude statement the contempt it deserves. Rest well mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.