Manchester’s Changing Skyline

PNW.

What are you including in that ten JRB?

5 from the Green & Lighthouse, two for contour, one for Whitworth Street Wes, one for Axis 2? I make that 9.
Any others I've missed?

If I'm correct?

5. Lighthouse + the 4 towers around it.
2. Contour.
1. Deansgate South. Student Accomodation. Domis onsite.
1. Rumoured Viadux 2nd tower? Stretching that a bit atm. Nothing confirmed in public yet.
1. Stay City / Deansgate. A mere toddler in comparison to the other towers, but at 22 fl it should have a considerable impact at the end of Deansgate, right next to Beetham tower.

Just out of picture, Vision, Domis currently onsite. St Michael's, which will have an impact on Deansgate the other way. Domis fencing around the synagogue.

PNW.

Proposals for a 28-acre complex boasting 25 pools and more than 35 waterslides have been approved for a second time. Attention now turns to getting on site before the end of the year and bringing the ambitious plans to fruition.

View attachment 93695

Therme UK’s £250m Trafford City scheme is one of the region’s most eagerly anticipated projects and has been in the pipeline for several years.

Trafford Council first approved plans for the resort back in March 2020. At that time, the developer anticipated the complex would open to the public in 2023.

Screenshot-20230918-100834-3.png

I`ll be surprised if Theme and Surf City ever see the light of day jrb

A Manchester ‘Old Town’… but new! Yeah that would be good.

The skyline is one thing and looks good from a distance and when you’re standing in certain spots and looking up… but, from a footfall point-of-view when you’re actually walking around Town, some more architecturally interesting lower story buildings would be nice to have.

I always think a city is only as nice as its roads, pavements, street signs, street fences, traffic posts, benches, bus stops, bins etc. and the feel/look of its ground floor buildings.

I suppose it’s a case of never knowing who is ever going to invest in any of that sort of stuff.

Such as what, out of interest, any examples?

I`ll be surprised if Theme and Surf City ever see the light of day jrb

I have thought that at times.

But there's too many big hitters involved in Therme for it not to happen. The redesign, for the better in my opinion, has certainly put the start date back. I think and hope a start onsite will happen this year.

As for Modern Surf I don't think that will happen. There have been no new updates or new news for months.

Last edited:
McCrory Holdings - Linkedin

1695070871938.jpeg

Another day, another...

HERE WE GO

McCrory Brickwork are overjoyed to announce that we have secured the masonry package on the prestigious St Michael’s project in Manchester City Centre and we will be working with our good friends at Bowmer and Kirkland Ltd. As part of our works for this package we will be undertaking blockwork across 13 levels of the building, including the basement, lower ground floor and ground floor. We will also be installing windposts and forming builders' work holes for mechanical and electrical services and providing and erecting scaffolding to blockwork walls. The duration of this project will be 16 weeks and we are delighted to have ALREADY started.

Blue Boy 63.

I work in Trafford Park close to the Therme Manchester site, previously Event City, so I will post regular construction picture updates

A rehash, but very positive reading.

Construction Enquirer.

The planning decision coincides with the appointment of Professor David Russell as the first UK-based CEO of Therme UK, which demonstrates a shift in Therme’s focus from design and planning to delivery.

With 30 years of experience in delivering large-scale projects, Russell has been involved in major projects around the world including the London 2012 Summer Olympics, The Rugby World Cup in Japan, and the $8 billion Expo 2020 in Dubai.

He will be supported by Richard Land, the chief development officer of Therme UK, who has successfully spearheaded the planning process

Russell said: “Therme Manchester will be the UK’s first city-based Wellbeing Resort.

“By successfully delivering Therme Manchester we intend to create a new wave of urban wellbeing with attractions that include botanical gardens, immersive art, urban farms, education activities, fitness programming, and live entertainment, all in addition to our family zones with slides, evidence-based therapies, thermal bathing, swimming pools, warm water lagoons, and multi-sensorial saunas.

“Our ambition is to make a difference in millions of people’s lives through the life of the Resort.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.