11th of May.

St Michael’s office development.

3AC08706-DC85-4D16-8F13-C9407680141D.jpeg

85FEB72B-8321-464A-B39F-478E045DF86B.jpeg

Bardhok Ndoji / Alamy Stock Photo

B4C771B8-6AC4-4F19-8B14-A46048230842.jpeg

Bardhok Ndoji / Alamy Stock Photo

Sparkle Street.

A new landmark could soon appear on the Manchester skyline – with plans submitted for a tower containing nearly 400 new homes in Piccadilly.

The part 10 and part 28-storey building on Sparkle Street, between the station and Picadilly Village, would replace a number of derelict warehouses with 395 city centre homes.

The project, proposed by developers Foras Ltd and managers Central and Urban, would cost £75million.

IMG_1279.jpeg

IMG_1280.jpeg

IMG_1278.jpeg

IMG_1277.jpeg

IMG_1276.jpeg

Planning Application.

Empiric Student Property has lodged plans with the city council to demolish and replace two of the six housing blocks off Hathersage Road, extending others in the process to increase the number of student beds by 310.

Architects Bell Phillips and 5plus are working together on the design for the purpose-built student accommodation project. If built according to plan, Victoria Point would boast 876 bed spaces upon completion.

IMG_1281.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg

IMG_1283.jpeg

IMG_1284.jpeg

Planning Application.

Vision has collapsed once again.

We could do with either Renaker or Salboy buying the site and getting the Vision tower or another tower proposal for the site finally developed and built.

IMG_1285.jpeg

Vision was supposed to comprise 327 one-, two-, and three-bed apartments across 37 floors off Whitworth Street West – now, the project is stalled.

Joe Pitt and Ewan Mackie were appointed receivers to the special purpose vehicle behind the scheme – Vision Manchester – on 2 May. When approached for comment, Pitt said that they were still in the early stage of the process.

Vision Manchester’s sole director is Paul Rothwell, the man who was also behind Featherfoot Globe. Featherfoot Globe was an SPV that was to convert a 19th-century mill in Bolton into 150 apartments. It went into administration earlier this year.

Both approved.

Manner’s 37-storey redevelopment of the derelict Hotspur Press site was unanimously approved.

IMG_1286.jpeg

Richard James, managing director of Manner, said: “We are delighted to have secured planning permission for the redevelopment of The Hotspur Press.
Construction is anticipated to get underway early in 2025, with completion due for the 2028 academic year.

Jadebricks’ 15-storey Charles Street scheme was also given the go-ahead at the second time of asking.

Jadebricks’ proposals for a 15-storey, 107-bed development on Charles Street were approved following deferral for a site visit in March. The plans attracted 16 objections, including two from businesses adjoining the site – a nursery and an MOT garage.

IMG_1287.jpeg
The site, close to Circle Square at the former BBC complex, is bounded by Charles Street, a railway viaduct, Bracken House and York Street. It was cleared in the 1960 and has been used as a 15-space car park, currently being used as a compound for works at Bracken House.

Got a leaflet through the door this week about the proposal. I live around the corner. I’ll go to the public consultation.

I might be interested in buying one of the houses depending on the price range of the houses. I’ve got my house to sell in Burnage.

I’m looking to buy a newer and more energy efficient house than my current ex-council house. My current house needs new double glazing, etc. I want solar panels on the roof. I’m looking at buying a EV in the future, so I will need a EV charger point. I’d like a drive as well. I’d like to stay in Burnage. This proposal ticks all the boxes for me.

Developer Views has visions of transforming the former Burnage Cricket Club site on the corner of Kingsway and Mauldeth Road in Manchester into a neighbourhood.

IMG_1288.jpeg

IMG_1289.jpeg

IMG_1290.jpeg

Initial designs by Ollier Smuthwaite Architects call for constructing 11 three-bed houses and 47 four-bed ones, while also redeveloping existing buildings on the site into approximately 10 apartments.

Each of the houses would have its own private back garden and front driveway for the parking of one car. The proposals also include EV charging infrastructure and secure cycle parking for the properties.

X1 Developments has secured a £69m development loan from London Wall Lending to enable a 34-storey tower, the initial part of its 1,314-home Salford Quays project.

The 36-month loan facility will support the ground-up construction of a 34-storey tower comprising 394 apartments. The property, which will be built by Vermont Construction, is expected to be ready for occupation in October 2026.

IMG_1291.jpeg

Flythrough CGI of the proposal.

Sparkle Street? Hotspur Press?

Have a look at the planning applications for more information.
Okay; "all" might not have been strictly accurate. 90%. And I've just googled both of those projects you named....

images.jpg291-CAM-05-B-e-1198x770.jpg

Not looking for an argument with you; if you disagree, so be it. But do you honestly see "character" in either of those proposed buildings? As I said, I'm not having a go at you.

Unless you're the architect!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.