Manchester City V Arsenal pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Citygolf said:
I would play Aguero from the start. This time with his injury not being a muscle injury there is less chance of him pulling up with a recurrence of the injury. I know a spell on the sidelines can trigger muscle injuries but that will always be a risk for any player not just Aguero.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us going back to 4-4-2 with Aguero plus Jovetic or Dzeko up top. Nasri/Silva/Fernadinho/Fernando have enough to play against arsenals 5.
2nd half sub against a tiring defence I reckon.

Just our luck that the Arsenal and Chelsea games fall when Toure is out. Could do with getting Aguero back to his best asap, but we can't rush him. I have no idea how long it will take him to get his eye in again. Last season he was playing for a long time at 75% and the injuries seemed to have affected his game. We need him at full power, not the shadow that went to the World Cup

Ha, I think there's a bit more than luck to it tbf.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Has to be
Hart
Zaba Kompany Mangala Clichy
Fernando Fernandinho
Milner Silva Nasri
Aguero

3-1 City.

^ This but with MDM and 2-1...

bluegoal said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Has to be
Hart
Zaba Kompany Mangala Clichy
Fernando Fernandinho
Milner Silva Nasri
Aguero

3-1 City.

^ This but with MDM and 2-1...

Sort of picks itself. My only change would be to 3-2 City

I think Eli will get the nod due to his pace and strength. But if Martin gets the gig, hardly a step down.

Chippy_boy said:
IWasHere said:
MC ID said:
Sanchez has been carrying Arsenal game after game now, neutralising him will go a significant way to stopping them, I'd be getting Fernando tojust nmark him out all game.

Fernando as we both know will start. Hopefully milner starts right mid to track his runs and help out zabba (not that he'll get past him anyway ;-) ).

Think kompany and mangala will start to keep giroud quiet even though he's shit. Clichy left back hopefully.
Nasri, silva and aguero will cause problems and hopefully chambers starts right back for the gooners, he'll have nightmares. Same goes with mertesaker, shit c**t.

13-0 city.

I hope Nasri can concentrate above the booing noises. Sad pathetic losers that they are. How long is it since he left Arsenal?

Think he might/hopefully perform. Can't remember the last time he had a poor game tbh. Hope he scores in the first half and run towards the arsenal end and kiss the badge, if not first half, second half. Then run the full length of the pitch like adebayor did a couple of seasons and knee slide and kiss the badge. :-)

Both defences have been pretty awful this season so both teams will score.

We need to exploit Arsenal's lack of winning mentality in these types of games, if you put in a few tackles on their best players and go physical they usually can't hack it.

If Aguero is fit to start then start him.

Milner on Sanchez.

IWasHere said:
Think he might/hopefully perform. Can't remember the last time he had a poor game tbh. Hope he scores in the first half and run towards the arsenal end and kiss the badge, if not first half, second half. Then run the full length of the pitch like adebayor did a couple of seasons and knee slide and kiss the badge. :-)

Nasri will definitely concentrate. He's performing well now and has probably moved beyond the bitterness thrown at him from some of the gunner fans. Go on Nasri, pull another fantastic night like Roma.

sam-caddick said:

We need to exploit Arsenal's lack of winning mentality in these types of games, if you put in a few tackles on their best players and go physical they usually can't hack it.

Milner on Sanchez.

i would dispute our defence has been "awful" , 3rd best in the premiership , where as the gooners defence is 8th best and conceded 5 more goals . Our defence has been average , with the mitigating circumstance of the skipper and possibly the best centre back in europe missing for half a season , if we can play zabs,vinnie,MDM and clichy for the majority of the remaining games and with fernando snuffing out the danger , we will concede less than 30 goals for the season. Which will see us crowned champions again in May.

Marvin said:
Citygolf said:
I would play Aguero from the start. This time with his injury not being a muscle injury there is less chance of him pulling up with a recurrence of the injury. I know a spell on the sidelines can trigger muscle injuries but that will always be a risk for any player not just Aguero.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us going back to 4-4-2 with Aguero plus Jovetic or Dzeko up top. Nasri/Silva/Fernadinho/Fernando have enough to play against arsenals 5.
2nd half sub against a tiring defence I reckon.

Just our luck that the Arsenal and Chelsea games fall when Toure is out. Could do with getting Aguero back to his best asap, but we can't rush him. I have no idea how long it will take him to get his eye in again. Last season he was playing for a long time at 75% and the injuries seemed to have affected his game. We need him at full power, not the shadow that went to the World Cup

Not entirely convinced about a 4 man midfield, however I think that it stands a better chance without Yaya as it will need all to work hard and press constantly in order to neutralise Arsenal's passing ability.
Do that and we'll dominate.

Taking Sanchez out of the game could also be key; not sure whether this is the cause of their poor away form or the symptom of focus on him, but I've noticed a pattern that he's on fire at home but does little if anything in away games. (Gives away big fantasy tip).

sam-caddick said:

Milner on Sanchez.

How dare you compare our defence to that pile of shit ;-)
You know we have the 3rd best defence in the league. That's one stat that
very few use. Obviously it wouldn't back up words like awful.

Chippy_boy said:
IWasHere said:
MC ID said:
Sanchez has been carrying Arsenal game after game now, neutralising him will go a significant way to stopping them, I'd be getting Fernando tojust nmark him out all game.

Fernando as we both know will start. Hopefully milner starts right mid to track his runs and help out zabba (not that he'll get past him anyway ;-) ).

Think kompany and mangala will start to keep giroud quiet even though he's shit. Clichy left back hopefully.
Nasri, silva and aguero will cause problems and hopefully chambers starts right back for the gooners, he'll have nightmares. Same goes with mertesaker, shit c**t.

13-0 city.

I hope Nasri can concentrate above the booing noises. Sad pathetic losers that they are. How long is it since he left Arsenal?

Ooh I'd say about two titles ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.