Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steak Bake said:
samharris said:
Steak Bake said:
No thats not true. Pressure is on City I am afraid - no-one expects Liverpool to win the league really.

City have been favourites all season and spent a huge amount on new players - pressure all on your boys today but I think you'll come through it!

Spending huge amounts didnt help you lot did it..nearly £70 mill on Mata and A&E.

Its not how much youve spent,its what you do with the talent youve bought.

Why has every debate always got to go back to Man Utd? Can't you simply forget about is just for 1 day? We spent a load of money on a shit midfielder and a genius who Moyes doesn't know how to use because he won't drop both the Fat Scouser and RVP. But that's for another thread.

And we were one of the favourites until everyone saw how Moyes managed us and we quickly dissapeared into the wilderness. We just have our memories at the moment but will come good again when Moyes fucks off.

-- Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:04 am --

gungho-tactics said:
Steak Bake said:
Not really. Fernandinho cost as much as Suarez and Sturridge put together didn't he?

You can't compare your spending to Liverpool's, no way.

Fernandinho is more valuable , that's why.

But there's no denying that Liverpool spent a HUGE amount of money since 1990 . They've yet to lift the premier league trophy though.

Fernandinho more valuable than Luis Suarez? Riiiiiiight.

I would never swap Fernandinho for El racist Luiz Suarez.

Anyway Suarez was bought for something like £25 million in 2011, which was a huge amount of money for a player coming from the dutch league.

Andy Carrol I think was signed at the same time, and he cost £35 million quid, that money went down the toilet as Carrol failed to deliver the goals. Liverpool wasted alot of money , they are underachievers big time.

Steak Bake said:
samharris said:
Steak Bake said:
No thats not true. Pressure is on City I am afraid - no-one expects Liverpool to win the league really.

City have been favourites all season and spent a huge amount on new players - pressure all on your boys today but I think you'll come through it!

Spending huge amounts didnt help you lot did it..nearly £70 mill on Mata and A&E.

Its not how much youve spent,its what you do with the talent youve bought.

Why has every debate always got to go back to Man Utd? Can't you simply forget about is just for 1 day? We spent a load of money on a shit midfielder and a genius who Moyes doesn't know how to use because he won't drop both the Fat Scouser and RVP. But that's for another thread.

And we were one of the favourites until everyone saw how Moyes managed us and we quickly dissapeared into the wilderness. We just have our memories at the moment but will come good again when Moyes fucks off.

-- Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:04 am --

gungho-tactics said:
Steak Bake said:
Not really. Fernandinho cost as much as Suarez and Sturridge put together didn't he?

You can't compare your spending to Liverpool's, no way.

Fernandinho is more valuable , that's why.

But there's no denying that Liverpool spent a HUGE amount of money since 1990 . They've yet to lift the premier league trophy though.

Fernandinho more valuable than Luis Suarez? Riiiiiiight.

He is to our team!
Also you can't just pick out Suarez and leave out Carroll, Downing, Borini etc

And you spend £200mill next season, on top of £77mill on 2 players this season.

gungho-tactics said:
I would never swap Fernandinho for El racist Luiz Suarez.

I wouldn't want him at United either but let's face facts, Suarez would cost around £80 million at least if Real Madrid came calling! Fernandinho isn't nearly worth as much money, silly argument!<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:11 am --<br /><br />
jrb said:
And you spend £200mill next season, on top of £77mill on 2 players this season.

What the hell has that got to to with Liverpool v Man City?!

Steak Bake said:
samharris said:
Steak Bake said:

Just pointing out to your sly dig you moron...wake up ffs.

I am wide awake and making perfectly valid points. You WERE and ARE favourites to win the league, Liverpool were simply just going for Top 4 and most didn't even think they were going to make that!

City have spent an absolute fucktonne of cash on players over the last 3 or 4 years, Liverpool haven't spent nearly as much and have a far lesser squad on paper. THIS IS WHY the pressure is on City - it's been yours to lose all season, not Liverpool's. I can't stand the Bin Dippers and want you lot to win the title but don't make stuff up.

Oh Im sorry,you must be refering to the City fans who have yet to realise we have mega fucking rich owners..

My bad.. Ive seen enough rags on here to see sly digs.what was it you said yesterday about dippers being your biggest game???

well youre not theirs anymore.

Batman said:
Everyone is saying the pressure is on city, I would argue there is just as much pressure on the scousers. For me, this a fluke season for them, they won't be competing for titles in the next five years. If they don't achieve it this year, the chance won't come again for the forseeable and Gerrard wont get his medal, therefore there is plenty of pressure on them

i expect liverpool to be up there in the top 4 for a while now 'at the expense of man u' but the thing is next year they will be playing champions league which will have an impact on there title challenge, as for the presure today 'its on them' they know they have to score as the draw is better for us the longer we hold on the better they will become frustrated and we will punish them for playing cavalier football

samharris said:
Steak Bake said:
samharris said:
Just pointing out to your sly dig you moron...wake up ffs.

I am wide awake and making perfectly valid points. You WERE and ARE favourites to win the league, Liverpool were simply just going for Top 4 and most didn't even think they were going to make that!

City have spent an absolute fucktonne of cash on players over the last 3 or 4 years, Liverpool haven't spent nearly as much and have a far lesser squad on paper. THIS IS WHY the pressure is on City - it's been yours to lose all season, not Liverpool's. I can't stand the Bin Dippers and want you lot to win the title but don't make stuff up.

Oh Im sorry,you must be refering to the City fans who have yet to realise we have mega fucking rich owners..

My bad.. Ive seen enough rags on here to see sly digs.what was it you said yesterday about dippers being your biggest game???

Liverpool v Man Utd IS our biggest fixture of the season and it will ALWAYS be theres. We hate each other, it's huge - I know you want us all to hate you but we don't, so deal with it :-)

Steak Bake said:
samharris said:
Steak Bake said:

Liverpool v Man Utd IS our biggest fixture of the season and it will ALWAYS be theres. We hate each other, it's huge - I know you want us all to hate you but we don't, so deal with it :-)

Didnt take long to out the rag today.. 3 posts .. well done..

I thought to come out with the classis "there's no pressure on liverpool" ,you either had to be a sheep pundit ,or a complete fuckin idiot !

Non City supporters forget that Pellegrini is in his first season with us and has changed our style of play. Our early part of the season was a learning process and the latter half was a tough ask due to number of games. There is no pressure on Pellegrini to win the league this year. If he does then he has massively over achieved.

He is setting up the next few years to be amazing.

The media and other supporters have no idea what our club is about which mystifies me as it's all on the official website if you took a few moments to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.