Mancini blames Hart for defeat

BillyShears said:
WNRH said:
Hows he hanging Hart out to dry? He hasn't done it publicly if true. Managers blame players all the time in dressing rooms either because they believe it or to get a reaction. I too would have blamed Hart yesterday to his face.

For starters, I don't care what you would have said to JH. You're not their manager.

Mancini, if he did say to Hart "that was your fault", is totally in the wrong. Hart wasn't anymore culpable for any of the goals than any other defensive player. It's a manifest nonsense to claim it was his fault. I can point to three or four people who could've dealt with the situations leading up to each goal. This is football, and sometimes you have to credit the opposition because one pass, or one touch, at the highest level, can kill you and leave your defenders for dead. Had Vinny and Zaba not run into each other like keystone cops, the first goal doesn't go in. If Rafael doesn't play the perfect pass into Rooney, the second goal doesn't happen. If Nasri simply stands upright and doesn't move, the third goal doesn't go in.

Are you serious or are you taking the piss? If everyone did their jobs in football then the game would end up 0-0 all the time. Players make mistakes, plenty of them throughout the game.

Nasri was at fault for the 3rd goal but he would never have been put into that position if Hart had commanded his area better, did he scream for the ball from Clichy to clear down field? No. Did he demand Clichy to clear it? No. He did nothing, he waited for Clichy to take command until it was too late. He was at fault simple as that. It's his box, he should command it.

SWP's back said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
lancs blue said:
I disagree on that, for me too many players are below an acceptable level of performance so far. Key players like Aguero, Kompany, Yaya, Hart are all significantly down on last season's level of consistency. I'm not saying Mancini is blameless but there's a limit to what any manager can do if too many players are under-performing.

And who is it who keeps picking them? You would honestly drop Kompany, Aguero, Yaya and Hart? Who would you play?

Who thought Garcia and Rodwell would be good buys? Brian fucking Marwood

Who keeps picking Mario despite everything he has done over the time he has been with us? He has not played very much season but scored in his previous start at Wigan and did nothing wrong in the first half today

Who sets us up to play as slowly as we do in most games? And how did we get on last season with it?

We have regressed this year and whilst I agree with what you say about underperforming players, we also currently have an underperforming manager and coaching staff.

Yep, I'd drop Yaya for a game or two. If this is his way of saying he wants to match Silvas wages, he isn't going about it the right way. Either that, or never, ever play him deep. And I'd play Milner next to Barry, in answer to your question.

Yep, probably was Marwood.

If you think we are playing the same as last season you are deluded. Same system maybe, though it looks a lot slower. Why does it look slower- players aren't performing. Ultimately, whose job is it to get the best out of the players- the Managers. Ferguson does it year on year, Mancini is yet to get the best out of this team this season, and we are half way through it.

I agree though, even without the deflection I reckon it was going in.

That side of the goal during a free kick is goal keeper territory, if a keeper gets beat on that side it's poor goal keeping.
Why he insists on standing behind his wall during a free kick is beyond me. The whole point of the wall being there is to protect that near side of the goal from the taker so the keeper can have the far side covered.

WNRH said:
BillyShears said:
WNRH said:
Hows he hanging Hart out to dry? He hasn't done it publicly if true. Managers blame players all the time in dressing rooms either because they believe it or to get a reaction. I too would have blamed Hart yesterday to his face.

For starters, I don't care what you would have said to JH. You're not their manager.

Mancini, if he did say to Hart "that was your fault", is totally in the wrong. Hart wasn't anymore culpable for any of the goals than any other defensive player. It's a manifest nonsense to claim it was his fault. I can point to three or four people who could've dealt with the situations leading up to each goal. This is football, and sometimes you have to credit the opposition because one pass, or one touch, at the highest level, can kill you and leave your defenders for dead. Had Vinny and Zaba not run into each other like keystone cops, the first goal doesn't go in. If Rafael doesn't play the perfect pass into Rooney, the second goal doesn't happen. If Nasri simply stands upright and doesn't move, the third goal doesn't go in.

Are you serious or are you taking the piss? If everyone did their jobs in football then the game would end up 0-0 all the time. Players make mistakes, plenty of them throughout the game.

Nasri was at fault for the 3rd goal but he would never have been put into that position if Hart had commanded his area better, did he scream for the ball from Clichy to clear down field? No. Did he demand Clichy to clear it? No. He did nothing, he waited for Clichy to take command until it was too late. He was at fault simple as that. It's his box, he should command it.

Not really. So every player is exactly the same standard. Nope. If we played West Ham,and they did their jobs to the best of their ability, and we did ours to the best of ours, we would win, and West Ham are a decent team. So I don't understand your point, at all.

SWP's back said:
i♥city! said:
Marvin said:
and yet if it wasn't for the free-kick he'd have been an over-performing manager.

This is below the belt criticism. /it's individual error that's taking the edge from our game. Our team play was outstanding and Utd could not handle us even though they had a 2-0 lead. That's unprecedented for a City v Utd game. It's easy playing them when you're a goal up and can hit them on the counter. Quite a different matter playing on the ropes.

You should give a lot more credit to City's general game yesterday.

Its not just about the free kick , Starting Balo and leaving Nasri for 90 minutes.
WHat did Balotelli do wrong in the first half? He was more alive that fucking Aguero.

I don't agree with that, mate.

Whilst I actually thought Mario played fairly well in the first half and was certainly putting himself about, Aguero worked his bollocks off all game. It's just his finishing which is letting himself down at the moment.

Saying that, when Mario went off, Tevez looked very good and did make people thing "Why didn't he start"?

WNRH said:

I just don't agree with that. If we're talking about that period of play, then I would suggest that Clichy, being a experienced, international, defender, who's been playing in our league all his career, should've known to clear that ball up the field.

However he didn't because at that point we felt like we were the most likely team to score and the momentum was with us, so rather than hoofing it to kill time, Clichy tried to start another attack. I'm not going to kill him for that, just as I'm not going to kill Hart for not demanding he clear it. Losing that free kick was a risk worth taking to win the game. And as I say, Nasri just stands upright and the ball doesn't go in and we lose nothing.

dancity19 said:
SWP's back said:
And who is it who keeps picking them? You would honestly drop Kompany, Aguero, Yaya and Hart? Who would you play?

Who thought Garcia and Rodwell would be good buys? Brian fucking Marwood

Who keeps picking Mario despite everything he has done over the time he has been with us? He has not played very much season but scored in his previous start at Wigan and did nothing wrong in the first half today

Who sets us up to play as slowly as we do in most games? And how did we get on last season with it?

We have regressed this year and whilst I agree with what you say about underperforming players, we also currently have an underperforming manager and coaching staff.

Yep, I'd drop Yaya for a game or two. If this is his way of saying he wants to match Silvas wages, he isn't going about it the right way. Either that, or never, ever play him deep. And I'd play Milner next to Barry, in answer to your question.

If you think we are playing the same as last season you are deluded. Same system maybe, though it looks a lot slower. Why does it look slower- players aren't performing. Ultimately, whose job is it to get the best out of the players- the Managers. Ferguson does it year on year, Mancini is yet to get the best out of this team this season, and we are half way through it.

No one knows for certain that it was Marwood.

I was not talking about last season.

This season this is our record

P 23 W9 D9 L5

Not that great really is it?

It is clear to anyone with eyes who watches the games that something aint right this season and whilst we did play well in parts yesterday, we still shipped 3 goals,all of which were preventable.

dancity19 said:

No one knows for certain that it was Marwood.

I was not talking about last season.

This season this is our record

P 23 W9 D9 L5

Not that great really is it?

It is clear to anyone with eyes who watches the games that something aint right this season and whilst we did play well in parts yesterday, we still shipped 3 goals,all of which were preventable.

I was completely agreeing with you mate. We have been nowhere near good enough this season. 2 points out of a possible 9 isn't a great return for the past 3 games. Our major test period of the season and we have come out of it pretty poorly.

If people want to say the players are under performing, whose job is it to get them to perform...!! Mancini's!

BillyShears said:
WNRH said:

I just don't agree with that. If we're talking about that period of play, then I would suggest that Clichy, being a experienced, international, defender, who's been playing in our league all his career, should've known to clear that ball up the field.

However he didn't because at that point we felt like we were the most likely team to score and the momentum was with us, so rather than hoofing it to kill time, Clichy tried to start another attack. I'm not going to kill him for that, just as I'm not going to kill Hart for not demanding he clear it. Losing that free kick was a risk worth taking to win the game. And as I say, Nasri just stands upright and the ball doesn't go in and we lose nothing.

Clichy was facing Joe Hart with Welbeck breathing down his neck, if he had to clear the ball upfield he would have to beat beat Welbeck to turn facing the right way. Clichy asks Joe does he want it and theres no real command from Joe that tells him YES. Like i said it's his box, anything in that box is his especially when at the time there is two players in the box with him and we are in possession of the ball.

Agree with the last point but that is a situation that he would never have found himself in if Hart had commanded his box.

Hart has to take some of the blame for setting up a poor wall. Three men prob not enough.
Having said that, if Nasri hadn't cowered behind Dzeko it would probably have been ok.
I would however blame Joe for the all too frequent episodes of indecision at coming off his line. If he had done so more positively the whole free kick situation would not have arisen.
It is clear that Joe is not comfortable coming off his line and all too frequently he fails to dominate the 6 yard box. I don't know if this is by instruction from the coaching staff but it all too often results in confusion between him and his defenders.
Hart is a great shot stopper but great goalies need to have control of the 6 yard area. All too often he doesn't....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.