Mancini Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway I think after RM's comments we'll have our answer soon.

Maybe tomorrow we will find out more.

Balti said:
moomba said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
yeah 3 managers in 5 years or 5 managers in 12 years right up there with Chelsea that

I think its more about sacking after one bad season in four.

Its a real concern of mine if we as a club cant cope with a bad season without needing to make wholesale changes.

Because every club has a bad season every now and then.

Precisely.

What happens if Pellegrini has a poor season?
Or worse struggles right from the outset.....
Vicious cycle

he gets sacked and we move on !

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Balti said:
moomba said:
I think its more about sacking after one bad season in four.

Its a real concern of mine if we as a club cant cope with a bad season without needing to make wholesale changes.

Because every club has a bad season every now and then.

Precisely.

Vicious cycle

Mancini had a poor few months when he joined us, failed to get us to a cup final and failed with getting us forth with which he was tasked to do. They didnt sack him so they were willing to give him time.

But we aspired to Champions League qualification then......and maybe a trophy or two....

Both of which Bobby has delivered

The expectation on this Pellegrini guy starts with progress from second place in the league and a cup final ...that means delivering league titles and cup finals and progress in europe......

or he has failed to improve us

different ball game

Cant let emotion rule here, all the best to Mancini but I trust the ownership and think its ultimately the right move.

Yesterday pushed me off the fence tbh, hard to condone that effort in a cup final against relegation fodder....that, along with many of this seasons performances. Looking back through this seasons fixtures and could only find maybe a dozen (?) games where we didnt fucking grind, labour and generally make life difficult for ourselves.

No doubt performances not results have been factored into this decision, hope the new fella brings a fresh approach, we could use one.

Balti said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Balti said:
Precisely.

Vicious cycle

Mancini had a poor few months when he joined us, failed to get us to a cup final and failed with getting us forth with which he was tasked to do. They didnt sack him so they were willing to give him time.

But we aspired to Champions League qualification then......and maybe a trophy or two....

Both of which Bobby has delivered

The expectation on this Pellegrini guy starts with progress from second place in the league and a cup final ...that means delivering league titles and cup finals and progress in europe......

or he has failed to improve us

different ball game

Same situ over at the swamp

Pelegrini has just flown into Manchester Airport- Terminal 3.

I am not a WUM...... just a City fan of 57 years standing.

That is all.

cityspud said:
Mayor West said:
I wonder if Pellegrini would prefer Falcao over Cavani, having seen more of him in the Spanish league?

Falcao bloke has just gone to Monaco apparently.

Yeah, I don't see Falcao coming to us now despite Txiki liking him. With Mancini setting into the sun, I don't think our chase of Cavani is happening anymore. I can see them going after a different striker after selling Dzeko.

Pellegrini prefers to play a 4-4-2 and does at Malaga, however he has said he can play 4-3-3 as well ... with Txiki the main man I am sure we will be playing 4-3-3 and swithcing to 4-4-2 as Pellegrini is also noted to changing formations during games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.