Mancini Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue for life said:
markbmcfc said:
blue for life said:

The PA, via twitter.

Not putting anything else on here, i'm sure others have seen it, but these people have families and don't want their names on Internet forums.

It does seem relevant to the topic at hand in my personal opinion and for that reason I've posted the above but I'm not posting anything about the individual.

Sorry you mean a PA at the club and like sacked today?

Not the little smiley guy who's always at Mancini's side???

Whether he ends up at the club or not, I think it's in rather poor taste for people to be belittling Pellegrini's achievements.

He has done extremely well under some very undesirable circumstances. He has taken teams into the quarter finals of the Champions League who wouldn't normally stand a chance, he's always finished strongly in the league and to get 96 points with Real Madrid and not win La Liga is incredibly unfortunate.

I'm not saying he's going to lead us into a new era of club success or anything drastic. I'm just saying he's clearly a very competent manager and deserves the respect that comes with that.

So fair to say all in all, not a great weekend for us blues.

I wonder what would have happened had the players actually turned up and put in a performance yesterday? Would that have been enough to save Mancini? Or would it have made the owners look even bigger fools sacking a manager who wins 3 trophies in as many seasons?

We have stagnated - in fact gone backwards - the reverse has to be dealt with and I cant see us getting any further with Roberto. He has done a fantastic job but obviously is at his limit so it is time to upgrade.

The tippy-tappy football was starting to get rather predictable and boring as it lacks pace and width - we have been found out and Roberto just does not have the answers.

For me the demise started first game at home to Southampton - and the Real Madrid away game was a warning in the way we tossed that one off.

mackenzie said:
Hung said:
willy eckerslike said:
Well said!

Our owners are indeed great and as has been rightly pointed out, without them we would have won nothing. However, if those who make decisions on their behalf (I doubt the Sheikh dirty's his hands with day to day issues such as to who the manager should be), decide to blow apart the work that has been done so far, we shouldn't necessarily applaud it. Instability puts us back at least another year, maybe longer. In my view, this is a bad day for the club.

The 'work' wasn't being done though.it had stagnated. Why can't you see that?

I happen to agree with this but I still feel like shit about the situation.

ForzaMancini said:
Sacking Mancini for Pellgrini is a fucking awful decision. I am absolutely gutted Mancini is going and would love him to stay, especially to give us the advantage of stability while the Rags and Chelsea change manager. Instead, we fuck it up and take a step backwards by hiring a manager who isn't fit to clean Mancini's shoes. I could at least understand it if it was for a manager who would probably do better like Mourinho but it's not. Personally, I would take Laudrup to be honest over Pellegrini - knows the Premier League, good manager, got the reputation from his playing days, big enough ego to manage the team and plays good football plus he's suave as fuck like Mancini! Certainly think he would be a much better risk than Pellegrini.

Forza Mancini!

Real Madrid have had 24 managers in the last 26 years - they seem to do alright, better than Utd it could be argued - I'm not convinced by this stability argument at manager level, Boardroom level yes.

Hopefully someone with some knowledge of Spanish football can shed some light on this for me...

Were our 2 Spanish Exec's in power at Barca during the period prior to them becoming successful or is it acknowledged that they were part of the solution to the problems there during the Ryjkard era? If I remember right Barca were all over the place...

I'm worried that these 2 guys have brought the political nonsense with them...

It seems to me that things really have been going downhill since they arrived.

The undermining of RM started almost straight away.

I've got nothing but respect for our owners but I'm a bit worried by the 2 spaniards...

markbmcfc said:
blue for life said:
markbmcfc said:
The PA, via twitter.

Not putting anything else on here, i'm sure others have seen it, but these people have families and don't want their names on Internet forums.

It does seem relevant to the topic at hand in my personal opinion and for that reason I've posted the above but I'm not posting anything about the individual.

Sorry you mean a PA at the club and like sacked today?

Yes mate.

Could be coincidence...but that doesn't seem likely does it.

If they've splashed it on twitter what's the prob with putting it on here?

pudge said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I know you won't believe me but I genuinely didn't know how many had been manager for over three years, I wasn't sure about mourinho or ancelotti. My point was they sack managers all the time, god knows what the average length of stay is there under abramovich. Whereas our owners strike me as being entirely reasonable. They've given Mancini a three and a half year crack at it and they gave Hughes 18 months even though he was out of his depth and not their man. To compare them to abramovich is insulting quite frankly.
But what if Pellegrini doesn't win anything next year?

A precedent, by the board, has been set.
they haven't set that precedent at all though that is just your assumption. There could be any number of reasons why Mancini is going. It could be more about consistently huge underperformance of players as opposed to merely not winning a trophy. It could be that he has pissed off the people who own or run the club. It could be that the people who run the club have seen stuff behind the scenes with his relationship with the players and thought it needed addressing. Who knows? We have no idea what precedent has been set by the owners because we don't know exactly why they are sacking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.