Mancini (cont)

NipHolmes said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
moomba said:
I think it was more that it wasn't resulting on us being any more effective going forward.

As I said I don't think we were any worse with a back three than any other part of the night.

Okay, that's your view- it's wrong - but we'll leave it there ;)

To take my issue with three at the back forward, why does Mancini continue to believe he has the personnel to deploy it effectively?

Outside of the FA Cup defeat to United last season, it has been shambolic.

I can see why Ajax were able to pick it apart during another crazy few minutes.

Mancini is a fool to continue with it, it's kamikaze. When we play an attacking mentality with a 4-2-3-1 we play best, the 'shackles off' term.

---------------------------Hart-----------------------------
Zaba------------Kompany----------Nasty--------------Clichy
-------------------Milner--------Barry-----------------------
-------------------------Yaya-------------------------------
----------Tevez---------------------------Silva-------------
---------------------------Aguero---------------------------

That's us at our best imo.

One minute were crying out for width and creativity - next minute we're playing Tevez as a winger and silva too and pairing barry and jim in the middle.

Yaya - Barry
Milner - Tevez - Silva
Aguero

Is our best team, even then Silva leaves us incredibly vulnerable down that wing (look at CL defeats)

bluwes said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Drawing: Bayern, Dortmund and Real Madrid in the Champs League = unlucky

Drawing: Watford, Stoke, Leeds, Barnsley and Wigan = not lucky

Excuse me, sorry to interrupt, but you missed out Chelsea

Dont let the truth get in the way of an argument eh fella ;)<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:12 pm --<br /><br />
George Hannah said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Drawing: Watford, Stoke, Leeds, Barnsley and Wigan = not lucky
bad luck is simply the absence of good luck and vice versa

What if you have them both at the same time ??

Mancini's long term no.1 target,Cavani,according to reports in the Mail,is close to agreeing terms......

Cavani is obviously top notch and a player any manager would want,however,is this is a good indicator that Bob will be here next season?

FantasyIreland said:
Mancini's long term no.1 target,Cavani,according to reports in the Mail,is close to agreeing terms......

Cavani is obviously top notch and a player any manager would want,however,is this is a good indicator that Bob will be here next season?

No idea about Mancini (although if I was a gambling man I'd say he'll get another season), but regardless I wouldn't give any credence to a Mail transfer rumour.

FantasyIreland said:

It's neither. Until we've got a signature it's just another rumour. The decision about the manager was "made months ago, subject to end of season review", apart from the 5 yr contract and all that...

We can't have this all ways. If the rumour is true, we can all agree he'd be a great addition to the squad. To who can we attribute the signing? Bobby alone, Txili alone, or the first signs of both working well together? If Mancini is a long term admirer and Txili is close to signing him, I'd love to think the latter.

But rumours, and that is all they are currently (reported by the Fail of all places), are no indication of anything.

BillyShears said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Better the devil you know for the outers, for the inners, well we were and are behind him anyway. Because in the view of many he has been the catalyst between the money and the success.

Possibly he was the catalyst between the money and pushing City into the upper echelons of our domestic league and picking up a domestic trophy too. However for some of us he has also reached a peak with this team - dare I say it we probably peaked between Aug/Dec 2011, and since then we've been on somewhat of a gradual decline. Not a steep decline, nor a catastrophic one, but certainly a gradual decline in results and performances both individually and collectively, hence we haven't gotten any further in Europe and haven't managed to keep up with the rags in the league.
Can't agree with that mate, not at all. If we'd had a real decline, steep or shallow, we wouldn't have won the league, we wouldn't have shamed the rags and Chelsea in a week, we wouldn't be above 18 other teams.

For the future I don't think anyone at City will be resting on their laurels and thinking that Mancini's fire proof and looking at other managers will be folly. They will be fully aware of his own desire to return to Italy in the coming years.
I don't think that anyone is doing that anymore, I feel the club is acutely aware that the club cannot rely on previous recent glory, it took this season to learn it as a lesson but so be it. His desire to go back to Italy though, is this something you know as absolute fact?

On Pellegrini - I understand it becomes very easy to mock him because he hasn't won trophies in Europe - but arguably the only time he had the resources was at Madrid and he was up against this Barcelona team when it was peaking. I certainly would have no problem if he is indeed Txiki's ideal candidate to replace Mancini either this summer or next.
I didn't mock him. I'm sure he is a fine tactician. He is not an improvement on what we have now though, either. If he did replace Mancini, which I hope does not happen, the minimum results I would expect are Mancini's. 2 cup finals and a league title, in 3 full years. The only option that this criteria gives any new incumbent, is improvement in the CL. My own take on that is give Mancini more time to develop the football side of our club, the side will be built to cope with the challenge of European matches.

moomba said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
moomba said:
47.6%, 50% and 52.5%

I know it's about winning trophies and not winning percentage, but thought it interesting the see the win percentage of Mourinho, Benitez and Mancini at Inter.

Any guesses which is which?

I would hazard a guess Mancini has the highest win percentage based on the fact he was longer at the club than the other two put together.

Nice try, though!

Like I said, the aim of the game is winning trophies, not win percentage. Just thought it was an interesting stat. And yes, Mancini does have the highest percentage, followed by Rafa, followed by Jose.

hang on a minute, the longer you are at a club the harder it is to maintain a higher win percentage, so actually it endorses mancini's position even more.

Actually I would say it is one of the best measures as a higher win percentage means you are more likely to win the domestic league.

trophies are a measure but with any cup competition there is the luckbthat can go against you as happened to mancini at inter when he had a man sent off in each leg against the dippers.

Blue Mooner said:
moomba said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I would hazard a guess Mancini has the highest win percentage based on the fact he was longer at the club than the other two put together.

Nice try, though!

Like I said, the aim of the game is winning trophies, not win percentage. Just thought it was an interesting stat. And yes, Mancini does have the highest percentage, followed by Rafa, followed by Jose.

hang on a minute, the longer you are at a club the harder it is to maintain a higher win percentage, so actually it endorses mancini's position even more.

Actually I would say it is one of the best measures as a higher win percentage means you are more likely to win the domestic league.

trophies are a measure but with any cup competition there is the luckbthat can go against you as happened to mancini at inter when he had a man sent off in each leg against the dippers.
I think, and I'm just guessing, moomba means in tangible terms trophies are a good indicator of managerial capability, but in real terms winning more matches means you're better, and Mancini has a better win %age at Inter over Rafa and Mourinho. Which also means you agree with each other, I think... :)

Ric said:
FantasyIreland said:

No idea about Mancini (although if I was a gambling man I'd say he'll get another season), but regardless I wouldn't give any credence to a Mail transfer rumour.
Exactly
And i dont think he would be 8/1 to join us like he currently is,if the deal was close
Daily fail bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.