Mancini/Hughes poll

Are you happy with Mark Hughes being replaced by Roberto Mancini?

• Yes

Votes: 547 55.5%
  • No

Votes: 438 44.5%

• Total voters
Mark Hughes is now yesterday's man...the way he conducted himself was nothing less than professional & he did not deserve the style (or lack of) of his departure, but some of the attacks/slurs on both Mancini & the Owners on here are small minded to say the least...seeing a Mancini Out post within 6 hours of his appointment is a joke, seeing the owners compared to Peter Swales after an unparalled level of investment is ridiculous...the best thing about the forum is the different views, ideas, arguments, passionate expressions, intelligent informed opinions & good natured banter, but the worst is the Little Britain mentality...Mancini/Hughes poll?? It's laughable...I wish Hughes the very best for his future despite not being convinced that he could lead us to Premiership glory etc. He has represented the club at all times in a professional & dignified manner, but he's gone & it would be great to finally have a bit of unity around the ground again. The way the whole episode has been handled should have been done with more class & that reflects more on Garry Cook & his team than anything, but it's like splitting with girlfriend ain't it, there's always gonna be tears. At least they've acted promptly & decisively with the change (for all it's faults), we know it's Mancini rather than days/weeks of speculation & they've explained the sacking (see the OS). I don't know if Mancini would have been the first name on everyone's list of preferred replacements but we're on to the next page & if he's anything like his fellow countrymen Capello & Ancellotti we're gonna see some positive improvements. So let's get back onboard for the ride....

RockawayBeach said:
Mark Hughes is now yesterday's man...the way he conducted himself was nothing less than professional & he did not deserve the style (or lack of) of his departure, but some of the attacks/slurs on both Mancini & the Owners on here are small minded to say the least...seeing a Mancini Out post within 6 hours of his appointment is a joke, seeing the owners compared to Peter Swales after an unparalled level of investment is ridiculous...the best thing about the forum is the different views, ideas, arguments, passionate expressions, intelligent informed opinions & good natured banter, but the worst is the Little Britain mentality...Mancini/Hughes poll?? It's laughable...I wish Hughes the very best for his future despite not being convinced that he could lead us to Premiership glory etc. He has represented the club at all times in a professional & dignified manner, but he's gone & it would be great to finally have a bit of unity around the ground again. The way the whole episode has been handled should have been done with more class & that reflects more on Garry Cook & his team than anything, but it's like splitting with girlfriend ain't it, there's always gonna be tears. At least they've acted promptly & decisively with the change (for all it's faults), we know it's Mancini rather than days/weeks of speculation & they've explained the sacking (see the OS). I don't know if Mancini would have been the first name on everyone's list of preferred replacements but we're on to the next page & if he's anything like his fellow countrymen Capello & Ancellotti we're gonna see some positive improvements. So let's get back onboard for the ride....

Well you're right there - that post is in actual fact a joke.

I am happy with Mancini, he has won things, FACT, being un proven in this league isn't an issue for me, many before him have been un proven and won things, Wenger and Mourinho springing to mind. I hope he is given a fair crack like I believe Hughes was. Yesterday was bizzare to say the least and handled all wrong IMO, I only recently came to the conclusion Hughes wasn't right for us, and never held any grudge or posted shit about him, however I am behind Roberto and hope he can take us somewhere. Good luck to Hughes as well.

It was always going to happen, just a matter of when to be honest.

Not too happy, about the timing of it tho! & how Hughes has been treated!

At the end of the day, the draws cost Hughes his job, and yeah no doubt drawing with Hull, Burnley, Bolton, & The Way We Drew To Fulham, were bad results!! sacking him yesterday, proves no matter what the owners say about top 6 being satisfactory, they only have eyes for top 4, and they want it this season!!

What we have got to remember is though, is are owners are rich & successful billionaires for a reason. They are very shrewd, clever businessmen! And if they have put their trust in Mancini to deliver the goods, that's good enough for me! They know what they are doing, to them are club is a way of making money, its that simple. And us winning trophies and becoming a global name, is the only way they will achieve this!

Mancini has my full support....as does any city manager, no matter how the team are performing! He's got a good track record, over a very short period of time, and one major plus is he should be able to attract a few star names to the club!
Good luck to him! Hope he brings best out of are players!

Just a quick heads up to you too Roberto, Might wanna watch out for swinging gold clubs on your first day, there's going to be a very angry Welshman waiting for you lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.