Mancini ; I stay at City

Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
Do you know everything there is to know about your business? Do you not learn something new every day?

Ferguson himself has a sign in his office that reads "Stop Learning, Start Dying", or some such nonsense. It's a never ending game of education, as it is constantly in flux. Today's football is massively different from that only 10 years ago, that people who don't learn get left behind all of the time. Ask Big Ron and his ilk.
If saint bob is learning so much, why did he allow the holding midfielders
To sit on the edge of their own box for 70 minutes against Blackburn, allowing them to play? 8 days ago he'd won the biggest game of the season by correcting that at the same point of the game.

I don't think he does learn much because I don't think he's very bright, if I'm honest.

Quite:
With him it's one step forward, one step back. He learns a lesson, then forgets it, which would explain our irregular results.
The sooner that he gets back to Italy, where he does understand the game, the better.

remoh said:
Didsbury Dave said:
If saint bob is learning so much, why did he allow the holding midfielders
To sit on the edge of their own box for 70 minutes against Blackburn, allowing them to play? 8 days ago he'd won the biggest game of the season by correcting that at the same point of the game.

I don't think he does learn much because I don't think he's very bright, if I'm honest.

The defensive midfielders play at a set distance in front of the back four. If the back four are playing deep then at least one of them has to sit within 10 yards.

The long through ball: This is a long, and usually high, pass from a teams' own half, over the heads of the other team's defence. It is intended for the attacking players to chase and it is important that they remain in an onside position until the ball is kicked. The tactic works best with strong and fast forwards who will have a good chance of winning back the ball, taking control over it, and eventually getting a shot on goal. In the diagram, the ball (red line) is played in front of the furthermost forward, the dotted blue line showing their run. In this example, a through-ball pass along the ground would be picked up by one of the defenders (black team) because the gap between the two central defenders is too small.

250px-780px-Long-through.PNG

Blackburn played this ball succesfully several times in the first half. It was getting dangerous. Even if Benjani and Roberts are shit, it only takes one lucky bounce for them to be clean through.

Once we did drop back, they didn't really create much of anything in open play. And when we countered it was decisive. Where we let ourselves down was (as usual) giving silly free kicks away.

if anything I thought the problem v Blackburn was that there was too big a gap between the midfield, defence and attack. De Jong ended up in the back 4 for considerable parts of the game and Yaya and Silva went walkies up the pitch and there was a 30/40 yard gap at some points, which is seriously detrimental to a slick passing game.

Added to Yaya's determination to pass the ball to the ghosts of Ewood Park and you have a problem.

Posters are really starting to embarrass themselves now .
We should make an award for Bluegoon of the year .

forevermancity said:
Anyone know why juve fans hate him? Something to do with inter?

Mancini is so hated by Juve fans that even if he goes to Juventus and wins them the Serie A, and the Champions League he would probably get death threats for him to leave.

Why because he bought down Moggi.

Kompanyon said:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2011/04/29/2463900/roberto-mancini-is-happy-at-manchester-city-but-it-would-be-hard-

i think he will go to Juve:(

He will NOT go there, unless they are planning on allowing the Ultras to riot.

Finally, I see that nobody bothered to actually read that article. It says that he's staying here and Lombardo would find Juve difficult to turn down if Bobby left, as he wants to follow him around. It doesn't say what people think it says

Am I right in assuming he was critical of possible corruption in Juve? If so maybe the purists among them would welcome him with open arms. I reckon its a moot point anyway....he's talked about the hard work he put in this year and the potential for next....I would like to think he would want to stay to see that work come to fruition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.