Mancini ; I stay at City

de niro said:
its not just that mate its the way the game comes to a halt once we've scored, very dangerous game in the prem, in fairness we are lucky to be still in the cup cos leciester and notts country gave us a real test.
that can't be right.

Over half of our wins have been by 2 goals or more, so I'm not sure that is the case.

As for being a very dangerous game, we lost 1 and drawn 3 games from a winning position. Pretty comparable with those around us I would have thought (just checked - points lost from winning positions us 9, rags 14, Chelsea 4, Arsenal 13, Spuds 12)

Ragnarok said:
de niro said:
there are two things but would make me keep mancini.

if tevez agreed to stay and showed us a desire to do so.

mancini to fucking play the right way with this very talented squad.

if he's going to fuck about with his italian boring tactics and ludicrous
substitutions i say go do it in italy where in fairness he'll do very well.

Let say next season he plays his ' boring italian tactics ' and wins all the matches 2-0 or 1-0 . Would you still want him to go because he doesnt play the high tempo football that you want? Thank god football is mostly a results business.

we dont know about next season or next game for that matter, we can only judge on what has happend this season and we have thrown loads of points away by being too cautious, i know people on here think bob is the dogs and de niro is talking shit cos he hates bob but non of that is true, even the most ardent mancini fan has to admit he's been too negative and has fucked up some substutions, if they dont then they have not been to enough games or are so blinded by blue tinted specs their opinion means fuck all.
if bob does wake up and smell the coffee i'd love for him to stay, i'd love him to fuck tevez off, i would love to have some stability at city but what i cannot abide is for the club and our manager to fuck up what is the chance of a lifetime to end the grip the rags have got over football in this country.

if bob sorts that out then he'll be a legend to me and the rest of the city faithfull, so far we have made some progress but its more luck than judgement and having spunked 300m we should be reaching out remit well before we are at the moment.
i'll give him this, i like the grit he's put in to our players, i like his signings and eye for a player, i like his disipline and expectation of the squad etc, now go and turn it in to a reality, get that cup won and 4th place. start next season with a clean bill of health and with a full season tucked under your belt and rip the prem a new one.
with our squad, our money and our backing and most important the time you have given there will no excuses for a re run of this campaign.

de niro said:
Mancio said:
just saw on SSN italy. during the pre-match press conference this morning mancini has been asked from an italian journalist about his future and if has had contacts with juventus. and about tevez future. in shortly mancini said :

a) i feel good here and my mind now is all on win the FA cup and get the CL slot.

b) i didnt had any contact with juventus cuz i still have 2 years on my contract.

c) i would be crazy to go away now when after 18 months of hard work next year may be a bit as a walk in the park

d) i'll try to hold tevez here

is there a limit as to how many times you say the same thing?<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:13 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
sweep said:
Four four fucking two? ;o)

its not just that mate its the way the game comes to a halt once we've scored, very dangerous game in the prem, in fairness we are lucky to be still in the cup cos leciester and notts country gave us a real test.
that can't be right.

and the scum nearly got held at home to a non league side, these things happen in football, try and get over it

BringBackSwales said:
de niro said:

is there a limit as to how many times you say the same thing?

-- Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:13 pm --

de niro said:
that can't be right.

and the scum nearly got held at home to a non league side, these things happen in football, try and get over it

so cos united almost draw with crawley we should be grateful of our shortcomings?

nope sorry, you've still lost me.

de niro said:
we dont know about next season or next game for that matter, we can only judge on what has happend this season and we have thrown loads of points away by being too cautious, i know people on here think bob is the dogs and de niro is talking shit cos he hates bob but non of that is true, even the most ardent mancini fan has to admit he's been too negative and has fucked up some substutions, if they dont then they have not been to enough games or are so blinded by blue tinted specs their opinion means fuck all.
if bob does wake up and smell the coffee i'd love for him to stay, i'd love him to fuck tevez off, i would love to have some stability at city but what i cannot abide is for the club and our manager to fuck up what is the chance of a lifetime to end the grip the rags have got over football in this country.

if bob sorts that out then he'll be a legend to me and the rest of the city faithfull, so far we have made some progress but its more luck than judgement and having spunked 300m we should be reaching out remit well before we are at the moment.
i'll give him this, i like the grit he's put in to our players, i like his signings and eye for a player, i like his disipline and expectation of the squad etc, now go and turn it in to a reality, get that cup won and 4th place. start next season with a clean bill of health and with a full season tucked under your belt and rip the prem a new one.
with our squad, our money and our backing and most important the time you have given there will no excuses for a re run of this campaign.
One thing we should not forget is that winning breeds belief from a player's point of view. Win the FA Cup or get to the Champion's League (or hopefully both) and you'll see a different team and different team spirit from the start of next season.

taconinja said:
de niro said:

One thing we should not forget is that winning breeds belief from a player's point of view. Win the FA Cup or get to the Champion's League (or hopefully both) and you'll see a different team and different team spirit from the start of next season.

very good point and i so hope you are right.

de niro said:
so cos united almost draw with crawley we should be grateful of our shortcomings?

nope sorry, you've still lost me.
No, it's that you're unrealistic. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's true. You don't look at the two lineups and just declare who should win and by how much. Should we expect to beat teams from lower divisions? Yes, and we did. That's all you can really expect.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:26 am --<br /><br />
de niro said:
It's why I'm a Mourinho fan (in terms of coming to City.) If there's one thing he's brilliant at it's coming into a situation with quality players who need belief and then instilling it. Rare talent to be honest.

Roberto Mancini committed to Manchester City

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has dismissed speculation linking him with a move back to Italy.

The Blues boss has been linked with a move back home to take charge of Juventus, the team he has supported as a boy.

Regarding the growing rumours, Mancini said: "It is normal. Every two or three months every player can change squad, every manager can change squad."

Asked if would choose to stay at City, he responded: "Yes, yes. Absolutely."

In his first full season with City, Mancini is in sight of great success on two fronts.

They are on course for a place in the Champions League for the first time with a home match against struggling West Ham to come on Sunday.

Not only that, but City also face Stoke in the FA Cup final at Wembley on May 14 with a chance to end a 35-year wait for a major trophy.

de niro said:
taconinja said:

Dont forget that we will probly have 4-6 more players in our squad. + Jo and Swp + Tevez maybe sold.

I dont think our squad will be changed much..no key player expect maybeTevez will leave. But we will get a few players more. The squad qill be much stronger next season + full pre-season will do miracles to the gelling.

I expect us to be strong title challengers next season. We have already found a good base with key player in: Yaya, Kompany, De Jong, Silva, Zabba, Richards...who will ptobably be in City for the long-term, we have to build the team around them. If we sign 4-6 player...i expect a few of them to become just what those are to us.

Future is bright.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.