Mancini Interview BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobby is a professional football manager being interviewed he is not going to run down his own achievements and he is going to be asked about City.
I think everything he said was pretty fair.
Personally I think he has achieved with every club he has been to including City and has a more than decent managerial record. Last season was relative underachievement, but it happens to everyone including Ferguson at the swamp and Mourinho in his last two seasons at Chelsea and his last one at Madrid.
I am very optimistic about Pellegrini and think we are playing great football but we will have a slump at some point as Bobby used to say ees football.
I hope Bobby is successful everywhere he goes other than in competition against us he gave me great memories.
I also hope Pellegrini can be even more successful.

Mancini claims credit for this year's team

From the Guardian today (via BBC);

Roberto Mancini has claimed that Manchester City's stellar campaign is down to the team he "built" when manager. The Italian also dismissed the role of his successor, Manuel Pellegrini, stating he had done precisely the same three years ago.

Mancini was sacked towards the end of last season and under Pellegrini City are the only side who can win an unprecedented quadruple, with the Blues having already reached the League Cup final.

Yet Mancini is adamant that this success is because of him. "I'm happy that Manchester City is one of the best teams in England because I built this team. I think Pellegrini is doing a good job but what is happening now at Manchester City, we did three years ago. It's the same.

"The players that score the goals are players that I bought - Sergio Agüero, Edin Dzeko, Yaya Touré, David Silva and Samir Nasri," he told BBC World Service. "I'm very happy about what I did in Manchester, I love the Manchester City supporters and I had a fantastic experience.

"After four or five years, maybe the manager needs to change the team. I did my job, I built a fantastic team, we played fantastic football and we didn't win last year only because Manchester United bought Robin van Persie. He was the difference, if not I think that would have changed the history in Manchester over the last three years. We played really good football and now they are continuing to do this."

Discuss...

Re: Mancini claims credit for this year's team

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=296380&start=70" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=14&t=296380&start=70</a>

There is obviously one key factor that has changed. Bobby Manc isn't man managing them!

aguero93:20 said:
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=296380&start=70

Sorry, my bad. I didn't check the General forum as I thought this would be more of a Bluemoon Forum type of thread.

Mods, please merge. Thanks. Would also say both threads probably belong in Bluemoon

bluemc1 said:
its strange in this 1 thread you have an interview with Mancini saying well i brought a lot of those players in, some posters saying its a fact he built this team, posters slagging of Hughes, but Hughes bought Komany, Zaba, Barry, De Jong, Tevez, Lescott, half the title winning side,
its a funny old game

The difference is Hughes couldn't make a successful team out of those players and wouldn't have done if he'd spent 20 years as manager.

Mancini added key players like Yaya, Silva, Aguero, and took all those components and built a successful team. Sure his abrasive manner didn't please everyone but I think it needed that kind of approach to knock a winning mentality into the club, I just cannot understand why some posters insist on belittling everything he did at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.