Mancini Interview BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the man and I won't forget what he did here and he will always be a part of us.

Thank you Mancini

Re: Mancini claims credit for this year's team

shepboy said:
aguero93:20 said:
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=296380&start=70

Sorry, I didn't check the General forum as I thought this would be more of a Bluemoon Forum type of thread.

Mods, please merge. Thanks. Would also say both threads probably belong in Bluemoon
It was in here earlier and they moved it.

lancs blue said:
Sure his abrasive manner didn't please everyone but I think it needed that kind of approach to knock a winning mentality into the club, I just cannot understand why some posters insist on belittling everything he did at City.

It's not about belittling everything he did. It's about belittling him for not having the self awareness or respect for our owners to acknowledge their contribution to our rapid rise. Mancini's "it was all me" narrative stinks. What makes it worse is that these players he's lauding and calling his own signings now, how many of them did he want to sell because he could no longer work with them ?

None of this should preclude him from rightfully being proud of the work he carried out at City and for playing his part in our recent success. But he played a part. He couldn't have built anything without the core group he had when he arrived, and without the unstinting support of Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour in allowing him to pick freely from the top shelf to fill his squad.

Roberto is and will always be a legend to me and the majority of long suffering blues...That FA cup win was the first proper silverware i'd ever seen (I was 3 years old in 76) and I cried with joy that day...even though towards the end he had lost the dressing room and probably had to go...he will always be remembered affectionally by the fans...I still see that cheeky grin from the 1-6 demolition derby and it never fails to make me smile

Thanks Bobby

Bob Paisley had a much better record than Bill Shankly. He won more trophies incl 3 European Cups. His teams played much better football than Shankly's.

I've never heard a Liverpool fan deride Shankly for his poorer record of inferior brand of football

The interviewer seemed like a dick, asked him some horrible questions.

Mancini laughed them off though.

Mancini claims credit........................

Roberto Mancini claims credit for Manchester City success

Roberto-Mancini-011.jpg

Roberto Mancini: 'I'm happy that Manchester City is one of the best teams in England because I built this team

Roberto Mancini has claimed that Manchester City's stellar campaign is down to the team he "built" when manager. The Italian also dismissed the role of his successor, Manuel Pellegrini, stating he had done precisely the same three years ago.

Mancini was sacked towards the end of last season and under Pellegrini City are the only side who can win an unprecedented quadruple, with the Blues having already reached the Capital One Cup final.

Yet Mancini is adamant that this success is because of him. "I'm happy that Manchester City is one of the best teams in England because I built this team. I think Pellegrini is doing a good job but what is happening now at Manchester City, we did three years ago. It's the same.

"The players that score the goals are players that I bought – Sergio Agüero, Edin Dzeko, Yaya Touré, David Silva and Samir Nasri," he told BBC World Service. "I'm very happy about what I did in Manchester, I love the Manchester City supporters and I had a fantastic experience.

"After four or five years, maybe the manager needs to change the team. I did my job, I built a fantastic team, we played fantastic football and we didn't win last year only because Manchester United bought Robin van Persie. He was the difference, if not I think that would have changed the history in Manchester over the last three years. We played really good football and now they are continuing to do this.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/22/roberto-mancini-manchester-city-success

He certainly played a major part, but Pellegrini is doing it his way just like Bob did. It's a natural progression and every new manager has to take over a team that someone else built, but the credit's all Pellegrini's for advancing the team further albeit having the advantage of a better summer transfer window than the previous one.

The 6-1 demolition of the rags, the FA cup that delivered the trophy in too long a time, the dramatic league title... All these far outweigh any negatives he brought. Thank you Mancini

aguero93:20 said:
Funny tweet from someone at the MEN:

After Mancini's comments unconfirmed reports Mark Hughes has been spotted on the phone to Sky Sports News yelling: "I SIGNED KOMPANY!" #mcfc

plus confirmed viewings of Stuart Pearce on Goals on Sunday taking credit for buying Joe Hart

On a serious note

Mancini's tenure at City was a step up for the club in its planned trajectory set out when Sheik Mansoor bought the club.

Every aspect has changed and improved on each step.

The Stadium/Matchday experience
The staff
The current training facilities at both Carrington and Platt lane
The new Etihad campus
The DIrectors and CEOs from Garry Cooke to Sorano(sp?) Garry did many great things (and stoopid stuff too) but Sorano is on that next level up again
The players Adebayor/Bellamy/S Cruz/Bridge/Zab/Kompany/Barry/Milner from hughes, Yaya/Nasri/Kun/Silva/Nastasic/Balo/Garcia from Mancini and now Beast/Navas/Ferdy/Jovetic/D Michelles The managers Hughes to Mancini to Pellegrini - All stepped improvements

All stepping stones that needed to be takem in creating a "NEW" Manchester City

But without the steps taken by those before you, you dont have that previous foundation, therefore continued success will never happen

Mancini brought in those 3 1/2 years a new "mentality", helped to greatly remove our "typical city" moniker. and delivered silverware in the most gripping, heart stopping, tear starting way that I have never experianced in my 30 odd years of watching City.

His legacy will always be remembered as successful (sprinkled with shear bloody mindedness). He earnt the right to see his time at City the way he has reported it.

He was our Bobby Manc and he wore our scarf with pride.

lancs blue said:
... I just cannot understand why some posters insist on belittling everything he did at City.

And by extension it also belittles the club's achievements and progress which has been nothing short of astonishing considering the state we were in when the takeover happened; with said progress gathering pace every year both on and off the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.