Mancini Interview BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluemurray said:
Mancini was the right man at the right time and it may very well be the case that it was right to replace him when we did. However to those people offering up pearls of wisdom like "he only deserves token credit...." or suggesting that he is 'arrogant' I would suggest that you are either too young and foolish to recall or understand some of our history, particularly some of the comedians we've had managing us, or so old that you are forgetting all about it! For both I heartlily recommend a dose of previous season DVD's (the 06-07 one ought to do it!) or have a read of Andy Buckley's excellent 'Bluemoon Rising'.

Give us your age then??

06/07? Give over you pleb, try Mel Machin, frank 'the guitar' Clarke or Alan balls stupendous reign, it has nothing to do with delusion, age or your specsavers prescription, the facts are Mancini is an impact manager, a great one I hasten to add, but restricted all the same, his arrogance got him the gig, it also got him the boot....

Took us forward as a club and team and gave us supporters some incredible moments.

Undoubtedly has played a huge role in getting the team to where it currently is.

Re: Mancini Thread

forevermancity said:
A new interview on the bbc website. All very 'me me me' with him still.

That couldn't be because he is being asked questions about himself, could it?

cibaman said:
sam663 said:
Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini says he is happy to see his old club reaping the rewards of his time in charge as they battle it out for trophies on four fronts.

The current Galatasaray manager says he is satisfied with the job he did at Etihad Stadium and the only reason they did not win the title in his final season was the fact Manchester United signed Robin van Persie.

Mancini plays down rumours of dressing room problems in his time at the club and says City's football is no more exciting under new boss Manuel Pellegrini than it was under him.

Probably because of that extreme arrogance he is not here .

Extreme arrogance? Isn't he just defending his record, as all managers do?

Defending and deriding are two different things , he still takes credit of Champions League winning Inter side , always preoccupied with the thought of himself.

It would be amusing if reporter had asked him : Does that mean you are also benifitting from Fatih Terim's work ?

Always be grateful to Bobby Manc for where he took us, remember he followed Hughsless and turned us into a title winning team.

Loved the man but we move on and upwards with Pellegrini.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25833097" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25833097</a>

forevermancity said:

Talking about yourself when being interviewed? Fancy that...

forevermancity said:
You need to let it go, you're just showing yourself up to be a very small minded individual - a bit like your mates who keep getting the Pellegrini thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.