Mancini Interview BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some shite written on here. Hate this throwaway phrase "lost the dressing room". How the fuck do you know unless you were in there ? One or two disgruntled primadonnas sidling up to gutter journalists isn't incontrovertible proof ffs. Even if it's true then for me the players share the blame equally with the manager - over the summer of 2012 they suddenly decided that he didn't make them happy seems to be the argument. Utterly pathetic if true. Loved Mancini and I love Pellegrini now but until we win something the jury's still out on whether it was a good move to replace Bobby.

SWP's back said:
Ducado said:
Shaelumstash said:
Either you've got a strange sense of humour or you didn't understand my point.

Scoring 7 against Norwich doesn't make up for losing to Cardiff, Villa and Sunderland. I'd have rather won all of those games 1-0, even though we'd have scored 4 less.

It's points on the board that counts, and as I pointed out earlier, we're 4 points behind our title winning form at the same stage of the season. We've probably scored 20 more goals, but I'd much rather have the points.

Your making the common mistake of extrapolating results from the past, it's not a valid argument because there are so many variables you can add, such as other teams strengthening, new managers, change of system etc

I had nothing against Mancini and I am grateful for all he did, however I can honestly say that I have never enjoyed watching us play as I am at the moment, I look forward to every game I go to, it's the sort of football that most of us have always dreamed of watching
I'd rather we play like we do now than do a Jose and bore games to death.

People forget football is an entertainment business.

Nothing more "entertaining" than winning trophies. Football is a results business.

We were probably more exciting to watch under Keegan when we scored one hundred goals, than the season we won the FA Cup under Mancini. Which season was better though? I'll take the trophy.

We might be the great entertainers this year, scoring goals for fun, but if we don't win the league it will be a failure in comparison to 2011/12.

We could go on to score 110 league goals this year, have the critics and neutrals raving about us, but winning the league is far more important.

hallstreetblue said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
hallstreetblue said:
I respect the man and thank him for bringing in such players as the ones he mentioned. However, fact is, these very same players are playing world class football under a totally different manager. Van Persie was the reason for us losing our title? Does he really believe that? Do you? Wish him all the best, but that doesn't wash with me :)

Then maybe you don't do common sense.
Because Van Persie scored 31 goals for the rags, and without those goals they would have finished mid-table rather than champions.

I've seen that my post seems to have set off a bit of a debate :) Mate, I can do common sense perfectly well. Of course RVP made a difference for yoonited last season; he was scoring goals for fun, in a really shit yoonited side, in a much weaker (than this season) Premier League. We on the other hand, with a much stronger squad and, on paper, a far more lethal strike force, were underachieving big time. Our strikers were really disappointing; there was talk of Agüero leaving and even some fans were all for it. Nasri was non-existent and Silva was way below par. My point is, this was mostly down to Mr Mancini losing the plot and so, losing the dressing room and finally, the respect from his players. Yes he gave us Yaya, Silva, Agüero and Dzeko, but Pellegrini has them playing world class football, in a much tougher Premier League and also has us through to the K.O. stages in the CL. Once again, I thank Roberto Mancini, for all that he brought to our club and I truly wish him all the best; however, for him to sit there and say Van Persie was the reason for yoonited winning the league, (and I get more to the point) it's utter BOLLOX!!

Definately not bollox pal- its there fact how many goals he scored, take them goals away and how many points would they have ended up with ??
Bobby wanted him, he wanted either derossi or Martinez and hazard also - he got Garcia and Sinclair - no comparison , they weren't hes signings obviously.
We won the league and then missed a trick , much like utd have done this season- stood still and didnt improve our squad-you have to improve every season regardless of what success you achieved the previous season.
I think bobby was frustrated at this , coz he wanted to improve the squad with real quality and didnt get it,the barca boys didn't seem to want to get him his choice of player and opted as i said for Garcia and Sinclair and this for me was the beginning of the end for bobby unfortunately.
He moved us on massively though and instilled a winning mentality through out the whole club,he was a larger than life character who wore his heart on his sleeve, which i loved tbh!!
Who can forget the bust up with Talgarth and moves - quality.
I for one wont forget what bobby gave us- love him and always will and wish him all the best , hopefully we can welcome him home one day when we play against him and give him a little chorus of " he came from Italy"
All that said , mr pellegrini has my full backing and i hope he takes us to the next level and for the record i like pullers too and hope he brings our great club even more success.
I meant taggart and moyes lol - shit predictive text !!

Shaelumstash said:
Nothing more "entertaining" than winning trophies. Football is a results business.

We were probably more exciting to watch under Keegan when we scored one hundred goals, than the season we won the FA Cup under Mancini. Which season was better though? I'll take the trophy.

We might be the great entertainers this year, scoring goals for fun, but if we don't win the league it will be a failure in comparison to 2011/12.

We could go on to score 110 league goals this year, have the critics and neutrals raving about us, but winning the league is far more important.

Agree 100% with every sentence

To those who say "winning is all that matters ....... even if it's 1-0 every game". There is a bigger picture going on.

Even if we didn't win 4, or 3 or 2 or even 1 trophy this Season, our Management are seeing the future. Global fans are looking to follow a 'dream team'....sorry... for want of a better expression. Guardiola's Barca have been the World's Dream Team for the last several years, which has led to a huge following around the globe and more importantly, earnings to match. Not one of Jose's teams have come close to really catching the world's imagination.

City are being set up as the next Dream Team. Under Pellegrini we are playing the type of Football that could make the Dream come true......... With respect to Mancini....this would not have been possible under his management.

Shaelumstash said:
SWP's back said:
Ducado said:
Your making the common mistake of extrapolating results from the past, it's not a valid argument because there are so many variables you can add, such as other teams strengthening, new managers, change of system etc

I had nothing against Mancini and I am grateful for all he did, however I can honestly say that I have never enjoyed watching us play as I am at the moment, I look forward to every game I go to, it's the sort of football that most of us have always dreamed of watching
I'd rather we play like we do now than do a Jose and bore games to death.

People forget football is an entertainment business.

Not winning the league would not be a failure.

Not winning ANYTHING would be a failure.

Anyway, we are still in the hunt for 4. Something we have never been able to say at the start of Feb in the last couple of generations.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:05 am --<br /><br />
BlueSiam said:
To those who say "winning is all that matters ....... even if it's 1-0 every game". There is a bigger picture going on.

Even if we didn't win 4, or 3 or 2 or even 1 trophy this Season, our Management are seeing the future. Global fans are looking to follow a 'dream team'....sorry... for want of a better expression. Guardiola's Barca have been the World's Dream Team for the last several years, which has led to a huge following around the globe and more importantly, earnings to match. Not one of Jose's teams have come close to really catching the world's imagination.

City are being set up as the next Dream Team. Under Pellegrini we are playing the type of Football that could make the Dream come true......... With respect to Mancini....this would not have been possible under his management.
Agree 100% with every sentence.

Also, those saying winning the league is everything (due to their love of Mancini) were notably absent of those thoughts last season.

I will never forget Mancini's face and reaction when the famous (Aguerrrrrrrooooooo!!!!!!!) goal was scored, this is the way I will most remember him.

Thank you Mancini for your contribution and best of luck to you in the future.

Mancini is a funny guy. i'd still remembered when he put Lescott as a striker just to show his protest to the top management to sign a new top class striker. the media would love to see this, but for me as the fan, that's embarrassing antic from Mancini as a manager. yet until this day, he's still talk about City's failure to sign RVP. imagine if he's still around.. media circus will never stop.

appreciated what he have done (the trophies and rag humiliation at the swamp), but City must moving forward. i trust more on 2 ex-Barca guys in our team management.

billfromthehill said:
He was mint don't you agree diddums dave and billy diddums mk 2 shears

-- Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:57 pm --

sam663 said:
Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini says he is happy to see his old club reaping the rewards of his time in charge as they battle it out for trophies on four fronts.

The current Galatasaray manager says he is satisfied with the job he did at Etihad Stadium and the only reason they did not win the title in his final season was the fact Manchester United signed Robin van Persie.

Mancini plays down rumours of dressing room problems in his time at the club and says City's football is no more exciting under new boss Manuel Pellegrini than it was under him.

Probably because of that extreme arrogance he is not here .
Bollocks r you a rag ??

That's the best you could come up with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.