Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danamy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
mikeyk07 said:
Mancini wanted RVP, he knew he was crucial to winning the title again.Had he got him, the current league table would be reversed. Somewhere along the line, amongst the backslapping the board lost focus and he was overruled due to the cost and the 'player profiles' we now work too and as a result we spunked the money badly elsewhere. Think Mancini far from being sacked will be given what he asks for this time around no questions asked.
I've heard this comedy line a few times now- if we had signed Rvp we'd be top now. Talking like we are some kind of Swansea with a couple of kids up front.

We had four strikers who cost more than 25 million. All four had the capabilities and track record to get20-30 goals per season. Our strike force was the envy of Europe. It's a crap and embarrassing excuse. Van persie is no better than aguero, it's just that unlike Mancini, ferguson knows how to slot him into a well designed and balanced team.

That's a good point well made

When we don't play with pace and urgency Aguero is none effective, he needs quick sharp play around the box, this slow patient build up play is bollocks to him.
Correct mate. We had four top line strikers and haven't been able to get the best from any of them this season.

Didsbury Dave said:
mikeyk07 said:
Mancini wanted RVP, he knew he was crucial to winning the title again.Had he got him, the current league table would be reversed. Somewhere along the line, amongst the backslapping the board lost focus and he was overruled due to the cost and the 'player profiles' we now work too and as a result we spunked the money badly elsewhere. Think Mancini far from being sacked will be given what he asks for this time around no questions asked.
I've heard this comedy line a few times now- if we had signed Rvp we'd be top now. Talking like we are some kind of Swansea with a couple of kids up front.

We had four strikers who cost more than 25 million. All four had the capabilities and track record to get20-30 goals per season. Our strike force was the envy of Europe. It's a crap and embarrassing excuse. Van persie is no better than aguero, it's just that unlike Mancini, ferguson knows how to slot him into a well designed and balanced team.
That is true to a point. Aguero has been hit and miss all season and isolated by the inexplicable demise of Tevez, and the all too predictable failure of Balotelli.

Perhaps you big up Man Utd and Ferguson a bit too much. What happened to his kagawa plan? They just happen to have the biggest resources and have bought the League again

Marvin said:
Didsbury Dave said:
mikeyk07 said:

That is true to a point. Aguero has been hit and miss all season and isolated by the inexplicable demise of Tevez, and the all too predictable failure of Balotelli.

Perhaps you big up Man Utd and Ferguson a bit too much. What happened to his kagawa plan? They just happen to have the biggest resources and have bought the League again

Aguero, in front of goal, has been a bit hit and miss. But I would also argue he is being played out of position. The last 20 mins of the Lpool game when he played more through the middle he was phenomenal, looked like a top 5 in the world player almost. Then for the next game he reverts to a slightly wider position. It's things like this that makes you question Mancini.

Let's imagine for a moment that we DO sack our most successful manager ever.

Will that make ferguson and utd worse?
Will that stop Chelsea spending to improve their squad?
Will that stop the possibility of Liverpool improving next year?
Or spurs?
Or arsenal?

If the answer to all the above Q's is "no" then lets say we end up with mourinho (please god, no)..

What if utd STILL push for the title (which they will), and god forbid, win it next year? What if (as is highly likely) we get another "group of death" next season in the CL?

We could be sat here next year in a very similar position, having spent millions on sacking and recruiting managers to say nothing of any player purchases.

What do we do then. Sack the new manager?

Really?

This whole debate is an embarrassment. I don't believe there are another set of fans anywhere in the world as obtuse and frankly ungrateful as some on this forum.

If what happened to the scum last year on the last day had happened to us our fans would've burnt the ground down. Their fans rallied round their manager and team and are likely to be rewarded with another title.

Hate to say this but many on here could learn a thing or two about support from our hated neighbours. It's a similar story with the way our fans treated ballotelli in contrast to the way the filth treated cantona.

Embarrassing.

Kazzydeyna said:

Or spurs?
Or arsenal?

If the answer to all the above Q's is "no" then lets say we end up with mourinho (please god, no)..

What if utd STILL push for the title (which they will), and god forbid, win it next year? What if (as is highly likely) we get another "group of death" next season in the CL?

We could be sat here next year in a very similar position, having spent millions on sacking and recruiting managers to say nothing of any player purchases.

Really?

This whole debate is an embarrassment. I don't believe there are another set of fans anywhere in the world as obtuse and frankly ungrateful as some on this forum.

If what happened to the scum last year on the last day had happened to us our fans would've burnt the ground down. Their fans rallied round their manager and team and are likely to be rewarded with another title.

Hate to say this but many on here could learn a thing or two about support from our hated neighbours. It's a similar story with the way our fans treated ballotelli in contrast to the way the filth treated cantona.

Embarrassing.
What happened when Inter replaced Mancini with Mourinho?

He took a squad that was well used to Europe and won the thing.

I'm not saying he couldn't or wouldn't win with us. I'm saying there are no guarantees. And I'm definitely definitely definitely saying that he would drop us like a Ton of hot shit when a more glamorous job became available.

Mourinho is 100% not the answer.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Kazzydeyna said:

Or spurs?
Or arsenal?

Really?

And You are the opposite extreme

Kazzydeyna said:
He took a squad that was well used to Europe and won the thing.

I'm not saying he couldn't or wouldn't win with us. I'm saying there are no guarantees. And I'm definitely definitely definitely saying that he would drop us like a Ton of hot shit when a more glamorous job became available.

Mourinho is 100% not the answer.

Maybe, maybe not but I am no longer convinced that Bobby is. There are big questions about how far he can take us, and a failure to address that is a bigger risk in my opinion than considering making a change.

As for rag fans 'rallying round their team' after last season, I'm not sure what that even means. The majority of them are sheep who put up with whatever shite the club dishes out - like the Glazers leeching of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.