Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCFC BOB said:
Marvin said:
It's well known that Kompany and Nastasic have calf and knee injuries which have to be managed
Kompany passed a fitness test and still wasn't picked. Why?

Garcia is better :)

So bored watching City ....we have lost the swagger, very slow and predictable, reminds me of when we had Pearce in charge .......too negative.

And Nastasic wasn't injured either, he was "tired" after playing 90 minutes for Serbia and getting back on Friday. In theory both could have played but we should at least have started Kompany. He DID pass a fitness test, why give him one if there is no intention of playing him? If the thinking was "easy game, rest him for next time" then I'm raging as by now we should know better than to think there are any easy away games given the ridiculous amount of them we slip up in.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancity1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not seen it mentioned but the decision not to play Kompany beggars belief now with hindsight, admittedly.

Apparently he was fit to play but ESPN said Mancini did not want to risk it with so many games still to play?

That's not shortsightedness, more delusion, if that was indeed the case.

You could point out to resting Milner and Nasty as well but in truth as has been said the side we put out was more than capable of putting on a good display and getting 3 points.

I have little doubt that had Kompany , Nasty and Milner started last night we still would have put on the disgraceful display we did so it afforded RM another excuse as such.

Something off the field that may come to light happened that meant the players en mass didn't want to perform.

You could tell even in the tunnel their minds were elsewhere.

They should be professional enough to put it behind them and I am not sure if its been building in recent weeks or it was a one off event that happened in the lead up to the game but while it seemed like a protest by the players on the park not to perform clearly something was rotten in Denmark so to speak.

Perhaps Tolmie with your connections at the club you can enlighten us as to what it might be.

I think its well beyond Tevez and his personal issues but who knows?

That's quite a bold statement to suggest Vinny, Milner and to a lesser extent, Nasty, would have also downed tools.

Perhaps the result would have been the same but there is already too much speculation re Tevez somehow being involved.

It was supposedly personal and we do know his little girl has been quite ill in last couple years.

If you think something like that has transpired, then Mancini won't last the week.

Sadly, players are much more valuable commodities, but I would kick any player out who put his own shit ahead of professional pride and our club.

I do think it's a welcome respite that the next few days will no doubt all be about United at Real.

I will put Vinny not starting due to the medico's not wanting to risk him despite him training for two days and why would you risk him unless it was the last day of the season with the title on the line.

As for downing tools I stand by it and en mass.

No one is comfortable if a family member of a colleague is unwell but if anything that will inspire true professionals to play above themselves.

Damien Oliver rode the best ride of his career to win the Melbourne Cup with three days of his brother being killed after falling off a horse in trackwork.

That performance had little if anything to do with Tevez's personal / family problems imo and if it did why?

As I said with your connections perhaps you can ascertain exactly what is going on.

Hart's efforts to recover after his clangers smacked of someone who wanted to concede those goals.

Although he had no chance of saving Barry's brainfade the Hart I know would have least dived to his left.

His reaction to all three goals was bizarre , Barry's reaction to his own goal was bizarre.

It was like our players were in some kind of trance.

The last time I saw that kind of display was the 8-0 thumping at Boro when Dunnie Can admitted later the players downed tools because of the way Sven had been axed.

Personally I think it's the second worst thing a group of players can do is protest in such a way because it harms the club , the supporters and does nothing but have the opposite effect on the man you are protesting for.

mike4210 said:
Couldn't believe what i seeing yesterday.

Crossed my mind as we were that bad, whether the players had been got at by this Singapore based betting scam, we were that bad

This is the most credible argument on this thread so far.

All the rest is just complete nonsense.

MCFC BOB said:
Marvin said:
It's well known that Kompany and Nastasic have calf and knee injuries which have to be managed
Kompany passed a fitness test and still wasn't picked. Why?
I don't know, and neither do you, but his calf has gone repeatedly since he damaged it last season. I guess the doctors, player and manager discussed the situation and decided to play safe. i don't know, but they know much more than you and I

They will have made the right decision at the time.

I have supported city for 26 years (12 years a season ticket/card holder) through bad and more recently good times.

Whilst Mancini has delivered success, I cannot understand why some supporters defend him so much. It all comes down to context and at present we are an extremely wealthy club with a better squad than Man U yet 12 games from the end of the season we are out of the title race. It's not good enough. Mancini has been moaning about the team not clicking since Oct and with every performance it's getting worse.

The players don't want to play for him so its time to go.

Re: Would Swales have sacked bobby by now?

i8rags said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
There have been some utterly,utterly shite threads in the last 24 hours but well played to the OP for setting the bar to a new low.
Keep reading on these threads that we are the best team, well the best team always wins the league, so if the best team does not win the league, it's because we haven't got the best manager.

Prestwich, 100plus pages later suggests otherwise

I refuse to accept a group of players would basically throw a game, for whatever reason, thus giving away a championship that they all worked so hard to win.

I think people are reading too much into it.

The manager picked a shit team, had shit players on the bench and the performance sums up all the problems we've had this season.

Lets see how well we do in the cup but its not looking good. The team looks like the 'cycle' is over and quite a lot, player wise (perhaps manager), needs changing

Didsbury Dave said:
I don't think the players would deliberately play badly to spite the manager, but it does feel that things are unhappy within the camp, and that often leads to poor performances. Last weeks little rumour may have had something to so with it, I don't know. The players look unhappy with their lot, they look like they have lost confidence in the management and their methods.

Yeaterday's game looked like the spurs game before Hughes was sacked. A frustrated team, a frustrated manager, no cohesion, little unity.

I think we are a cup defeat away from the end of the road. I've fancied us for the cup all season but I wouldn't put my money on it now.

Tick tock.

A far more likely explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.