Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
andyhinch said:
Sorry still not sure why?

Oh it's not important, sorry if i gave that impression. Just because your posts are so short i thought i'd ask.

-- Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:54 pm --

waspish said:
There is only one and I'd rather stick with Mancini for a couple of more seasons

Why only a couple more seasons ? Surely if you're a fan of his you'd like him to see out his contract at least, I know I would.
Fair enough, I don't have time to spend hours on a keyboard

Mancini european record stinks for City.Lets look at the mighty teams that have beaten us in europe Ajax Sporting Lisbon Dynamo Kiev very average teams in europe and we cant beat them.

Re: MANCINI IN

Yaya_Tony said:
Have you noticed there are 211 pages & counting on here- why do you think that is if the answer is so obvious?
Because some shit stirring rags have nothing better to do?
Or rather some blues are blinkered and would prefer to think that if over people have a different opinion be must be rags.

Or is it that some shit siring rags are on here sticking up for Mancini coz they are happy with him staying here???????

BillyShears said:
Yaya_Tony said:
BillyShears said:
Oh it's not important, sorry if i gave that impression. Just because your posts are so short i thought i'd ask.
Genuine question BS, do you think that part of the reason potential future managers are discussed so much on here is because of our history (meaning many different managers, that never got us anywhere)?

You know where I stand, and I you, it is City first. Discussing faults and areas to improve with the current boss is quite different to discussing a replacement. Watching the scum with taggart has just rubbed salt in the wounds for 20 years, maybe why some hope for managerial stability. On the same note, if things aren't perfect then our de-facto response is to change managers. Is this a hangover from the bad old days?

I think it's dangerous generalising about why people want to discuss changing managers. Right now I think there's genuinely quite a few blues who deep down harbour reservations about whether Mancini is in fact the correct guy to take us forward, despite everything he's achieved here so far. As someone who falls into that category I've got no problem discussing potential replacements.

Is it wrong to harbour reservations about Mancini ? I get the impression quite a few people believe that.

-- Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:21 am --

waspish said:
Glad you changed your Mind and your right he should see out his contract and stack those trophies HIGH..
;)

C'mon mate, don't duck the question. You've posted loads of times that you think Mancini should get two more seasons. Why only two ?
Isn't that when we'd be looking at extending/negotiating his contract? Which makes two more seasons a fairly reasonable request don't you think?.

bondsman said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
bondsman said:
Last year as I said previously not only were we cheated away against Munich by terrible officials, we were majorly derailed by tevez's antics. This year had vinny headed that ball against Madrid I suspect our entire campaign would have been different. So year I think I can defend him. We've been in the comp only twice both as a result of mancini's management. It is an unbelievably difficult trophy to win, especially when you are drawn in the only true champions league group.
Shit excuses though, Ajax are a poor side as are Lisbon yet we failed to beat both. You can go on about refering decisions but the away at Villarreal we were our opening goal was from a Balotelli dive to win a penalty so it evens itself out.

Look it's as simple as this. Sacking him for not winning the champs league in his first two attempts is ridiculous. All you outers harp on about is he has a crap record in Europe. Or he is a poor man manager. A. How many great managers have not won that trophy? Answer plenty, has the messiah klopp won it? B. last year he seemed to man manage brilliantly, he lifted a team 8 points behind and won it. If you were at the derby that night you will see how we'll he man managed.
FFS knowone expects him to win the bloody thing but we should be qualifying from the group stage especially at the second attempt. The most concerning thing though was that in everygame apart from maybe the Madrid home game is that we were totally outplayed. With the squad we have it isn't good enough.

Klopp hasn't won it but he has qualified from the group and played some mesmerising football while doing it including beating Madrid.

I was at the Derby but that was last year since then we have regressed badly and are now out of the title race in early February.

greasedupdeafguy said:
bondsman said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Shit excuses though, Ajax are a poor side as are Lisbon yet we failed to beat both. You can go on about refering decisions but the away at Villarreal we were our opening goal was from a Balotelli dive to win a penalty so it evens itself out.

Look it's as simple as this. Sacking him for not winning the champs league in his first two attempts is ridiculous. All you outers harp on about is he has a crap record in Europe. Or he is a poor man manager. A. How many great managers have not won that trophy? Answer plenty, has the messiah klopp won it? B. last year he seemed to man manage brilliantly, he lifted a team 8 points behind and won it. If you were at the derby that night you will see how we'll he man managed.
FFS knowone expects him to win the bloody thing but we should be qualifying from the group stage especially at the second attempt. The most concerning thing though was that in everygame apart from maybe the Madrid home game is that we were totally outplayed. With the squad we have it isn't good enough.

Klopp hasn't won it but he has qualified from the group and played some mesmerising football while doing it including beating Madrid.

I was at the Derby but that was last year since then we have regressed badly and are now out of the title race in early February.

Reason Madrid weren't as effective as in the home leg was because Di Maria played deeper in the away game and thus the midfield shape was different meaning they played narrower which suited our oddly shaped but quite compact midfield area better.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Isn't that when we'd be looking at extending/negotiating his contract? Which makes two more seasons a fairly reasonable request don't you think?.

Well we extended his contract this time round a year before it expired, and anyway I just found it curious that waspish was specific about how many more years mancini would be around for.

BillyShears said:
Yaya_Tony said:
BillyShears said:
Genuine question BS, do you think that part of the reason potential future managers are discussed so much on here is because of our history (meaning many different managers, that never got us anywhere)?

You know where I stand, and I you, it is City first. Discussing faults and areas to improve with the current boss is quite different to discussing a replacement. Watching the scum with taggart has just rubbed salt in the wounds for 20 years, maybe why some hope for managerial stability. On the same note, if things aren't perfect then our de-facto response is to change managers. Is this a hangover from the bad old days?

I think it's dangerous generalising about why people want to discuss changing managers. Right now I think there's genuinely quite a few blues who deep down harbour reservations about whether Mancini is in fact the correct guy to take us forward, despite everything he's achieved here so far. As someone who falls into that category I've got no problem discussing potential replacements.

Is it wrong to harbour reservations about Mancini ? I get the impression quite a few people believe that.

It is not wrong to harbour reservations...absolutely. That is everybodys option.
It must be obvious to most people that Mancini is better than Hughes...although why were certain people still calling for Hughes to be given more time? It seems stupid to me that some people were calling for Hughes to be given more time (although he has proved himself to be shit) yet wont do this for Mancini (who has won us three cups). It's almost xenophobic isn't it, Billy?

Just a few days ago one of your mates bollocked Mancini for saying the same thing at every press conference. Obviously, we are very disappointed. The fucking irony.

Edited for typos.

BillyShears said:
Yaya_Tony said:
BillyShears said:

I also have reservations about Mancini, but in my mind these are far outweighed by our success so far. Europe isn't a concern for me, yet, although I do expect qualification as minimum next season.

The point I was attempting to make was that we used to discuss (and appoint) new managers all the time in the old days, now, imho, we have a pretty decent one, and his future is still under scrutiny, despite success. It seems to me that it is fallout from growing out of mid-table to champs, that we expect perfection. If perfection isn't achieved, immediate response is to change the boss. And discuss alternatives. This doesn't seem rational to me.

BillyShears said:
Yaya_Tony said:
BillyShears said:

-- Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:21 am --

waspish said:
Glad you changed your Mind and your right he should see out his contract and stack those trophies HIGH..
;)

C'mon mate, don't duck the question. You've posted loads of times that you think Mancini should get two more seasons. Why only two ?

At least 2! might of said once "I'd give him 2 seasons" I'd have him see out his contract personally but I like your change of tact with your argument ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.