Mancini Outers - Who do you suggest?

Glasgow Man City said:
bri an t said:
i see you give him plenty time ie 6 months and 1 year, i have been waiting for success since the 60s so we have to give him time.

Well I wasn't born in the 60's, so obviously haven't been waiting as long as you - but you have seen some success, I've seen none.

I honestly believe he has had plenty time - imagine you failed in your job after the first 6 months to a year, do you think your boss would keep you on?

So being fourth in the prem is a failure?

bluefandk said:
Glasgow Man City said:
Well I wasn't born in the 60's, so obviously haven't been waiting as long as you - but you have seen some success, I've seen none.

I honestly believe he has had plenty time - imagine you failed in your job after the first 6 months to a year, do you think your boss would keep you on?

With the way we've played, yes - we're getting worse not better. By Sunday we could be 6th & Wednesday 8th.

bluefandk said:
Glasgow Man City said:

I think what most of the outers are saying mate is yes, 4th is sound, but the fact of the matter is, other teams seem to be clicking into gear, the Yids look awesome and both dips winning amongst others is not helping and people are seeing this, they aint daft and have the club at heart just like you do.
Now just as an example, before we went to Evtn last season, i really fancied us, instead we were made to look like a bunch of shitbags with fuk all fight or bolox, now tell me this, 'would you be confidant of going to Woodison on sunday and getting some sort of result'?

I really want Bob to succeed, but should he go, personally it'd be one of the following:
- Loew
- Moyes (who I can't stand)
- Redchapp (who I also can't stand)
- Hiddink
- Van Gaal

Glasgow Man City said:
bluefandk said:

With the way we've played, yes - we're getting worse not better. By Sunday we could be 6th & Wednesday 8th.

Or we could win both those matches and look back on this as a blip, there really is no need to panic everytime we lose.

No maneger will ever satisfy people like you, if you think a couple of poor results means we should panic and sack the maneger eventhough we are fourth in the league.

bluefandk said:
Glasgow Man City said:

Or we could win both those matches and look back on this as a blip, there really is no need to panic everytime we lose.

No maneger will ever satisfy people like you, if you think a couple of poor results means we should panic and sack the maneger eventhough we are fourth in the league.

It's not a couple of poor results though.

Here's my quote from the other thread

Glasgow Man City said:
It's not 3 games though

English Premier Tottenham 0-0 Man City 14-08-2010 - Battered, but a good battling result

UEFA Cup FCU Poli 0-1 Man City 19-08-2010 - Never played well, but won

English Premier Man City 3-0 Liverpool 23-08-2010 - Brilliant performance

UEFA Cup Man City 2-0 FCU Poli 26-08-2010 - Neither up nor down but we won

And then the problems start

English Premier Sunderland 1-0 Man City 29-08-2010 - terrible result - we were battered in the 2nd half

English Premier Man City 1-1 Blackburn 11-09-2010 - terrible performance & result

UEFA Cup SV Salzburg 0-2 Man City 16-09-2010 - played well & won

English Premier Wigan 0-2 Man City 19-09-2010 - played ok - good result

English League Cup West Brom 2-1 Man City 22-09-2010 - terrible performance & result (purely down to the managers choice of players)

English Premier Man City 1-0 Chelsea 25-09-2010 - Cracking game & performance

UEFA Cup Man City 1-1 Juventus 30-09-2010 - Bad performance

English Premier Man City 2-1 Newcastle 03-10-2010 - 2 very lucky decisions won us this game, we were 2nd best

English Premier Blackpool 2-3 Man City 17-10-2010 - again 2 decisions went for us, we were 2nd best

UEFA Cup Man City 3-1 Lech Poznan 21-10-2010 - solid performance & result

English Premier Man City 0-3 Arsenal 24-10-2010 - Bad result not helped by a mistake from a rookie defender while we have an international centre half on the bench

English Premier Wolves 2-1 Man City 30-10-2010 - Went one up, stopped playing & got battered

UEFA Cup Lech Poznan 3-1 Man City 04-11-2010 - shit, but least important of the 4 games coming up in 10 days

English Premier West Brom vs Man City 07-11-2010 - Massive game, we need something before the derby

English Premier Man City vs Man Utd 10-11-2010 - A given we'll win this.

English Premier Man City vs Birmingham 13-11-2010 -not going to be easy against well organised Brum team - even worse if we're going into it on a run of 5 defeats.

These arguments were brought out last season, and after WBA - it's not about 3 games.

IMO Mancini should have gone in the summer, we're not improving & I think he needs to go. I've said it a thousand times, I hope I'm wrong & I hope he proves me wrong & on matchday I will support the team & manager 100%

That might show you where I'm coming from.

A pal of mine sent me a text immediately after the final whistle last night: "Mancini pred?". My response? "Parading the FA Cup around Wembley in May :-)".

I really believe Mancini will make this club great again. It is now November and his buyz are all just coming into rude health. He knows we need a win tomorrow (i.e. not just Apache on his own) so I expect:

Hart

Boateng VK Kolo Kol

Milner Yaya Barry

Silva

Tevez Ade

assuming Nige is still out; if not, drop Yaya.

bluefandk said:
Glasgow Man City said:

Mate, would you fancy us going to goodison right now?

David Moyes would be a great choice , He has done a good job at everton with the resources he has. Plus alot of the greats have been scottish.

Well I dont think sacking the manager is the answer certainly not at this stage. Its all we ever do all we have done for the last 30 years. Its proven you win nothing and get no where sacking your manager every 1 - 3 years.

That said if he looses the next 2 games he will almost certainly be sacked IMO. Anything less than 4 points and he would be in real trouble.

I think the problem is he doesnt get the English mentality, telling players like Johnson, Barry et al they cant have a pint after the game is completely alien to them. Personally I agree with him pro atheletes shouldnt be drinking when they have to perform at this level and get paid £100k a week. But what I think and to a degree what he thinks in this regard really doesnt matter.

This is England and we have many English players thats just how it is. Not enough of the squad is behind him this much is clear some are pros and his signings but still not enough we saw that last night and against Wolves.

Its hard to argue really from the outside looking in City is not a happy ship and hasnt been for a while 3 losses on the bounce 8 goals conceeded and only 2 scored and 2 very bad defeats in games we should have easily been winning will have the Alarm bells ringing in the boardroom and Emirates. This is not what they have invested upwards of £1 billion for they clearly wont be happy just making up the numbers scraping a 5th / 6th finish every season.

If he is Sacked it will be Martin Oneil I think hes available, proven and will get us in the champions league and a few cup finals. At the moment thats all that matters really. Although I dont think sacking him is the answer I would be happy with Oneil at least the press like him and he would get our English players performing at the right sort of level.

David Moyes well personally I cant stand him and doubt he would come whilst he thinks he might get the rags job in a year or so but I would take him as well if the manager is sacked.

I really dont want any more risk on this front we need an established home grown manager that understands the league and our players inside out if we are going to make a change and he needs to be given 4 seasons at least whatever happens this time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.