Mancini outers

MaineDAWG2008 said:
I even backed mancini when hughes was still our manager!!! Is there someone on here who can claim that?
Me.
I suggested Mancini as Hughes replacement (admittedly only if we couldn't get Moaninho) the first time I decided Hughes had to go (after the WBA 2-1 defeat on December 21 2009).
We then proceeded to waste a year treading water.
Still he's here now doing the business for us so I'm a happy bunny.

I wasn't a Mancini outer per se, but I did think that if there was any chance of luring Mourinho (not that I was ever convinced there was), I'd be prepared to sacrifice Roberto in a heartbeat. Mourinho aside, I didn't see another clear, convincing replacement, but after initially being very impressed by Roberto, I had a period from last Christmas up to the week before the FA Cup semi when I was certainly wondering about whether he'd ever be the best long term option.

Have I changed? Well, I see now that there are reports suggesting the club hierarchy are considering offering him a new long-term contract with a hefty pay rise. I'd support that, whereas I wouldn't have supported it a few months ago, so yes, my view has changed.

I was never a Mancini outer more off we should not of treated Hughes the way we did,i love Mancini i liked Hughes ,get over it and move on.

i didn't like him to start with, just something about the way he went about things, and always deferred responsibility to the players, blaming them for results/performances. and obviously, with it being the first trophy i've seen city win, he was obviously doing something right! and i had a spell of appreciating him again. until the start of this season, the inexplicable substitutions, and the overly cautious defensive line ups for some games really bug me! we have some of the best attacking players in the world! USE THEM!
then i really thought the way he handled the tevez situation would be the last straw, but he's proved me wrong again. the way he's handled mario, and the apparent change of tactics at the swamp, he is slowly winning me over. he just needs to be more confident in the champions league!

MikeG_121 said:
i didn't like him to start with, just something about the way he went about things, and always deferred responsibility to the players, blaming them for results/performances. and obviously, with it being the first trophy i've seen city win, he was obviously doing something right! and i had a spell of appreciating him again. until the start of this season, the inexplicable substitutions, and the overly cautious defensive line ups for some games really bug me! we have some of the best attacking players in the world! USE THEM!
then i really thought the way he handled the tevez situation would be the last straw, but he's proved me wrong again. the way he's handled mario, and the apparent change of tactics at the swamp, he is slowly winning me over. he just needs to be more confident in the champions league!

I must have missed this.

Yes, I was a Mancini outer; not one of the early ones because I was off the forums for a while, but from the beginning of the year or so I began venting my bewilderment and frustration on here.
What got me going was that no progress was being made and it was hard to see how anyone could make such a good bunch of players put out such mediocre performances. In addition, I felt that he had dumped some of our best talent on the sidelines for reasons of his own. I like wingers, too and that is clearly not part of the plan; we are beginning to get width provided by the full-backs now, but it's been a long time coming.
As De Niro says, we all wanted stability, but at that time I felt that management stability was our worst option, with all the signs being that Mancini had a poor understanding of the Prem. and was trying to introduce the Italian - style game which he did understand.
With a squad full of quality players such as we had, we would always pick up points, regardless of tactics, but we could have been so much better in my opinion.
Towards the end of the season he took off the handcuffs and it all turned out much better than could have been expected, thank the Lord. This season the tactics have improved even more and with the addition of top-quality buys in the window we are flying. The way the new lads are settling in, we might still be in with a decent chance in the Champs League after our shaky start, but the main aim, the Title, is a reasonable punt with any luck.
It's now the greatest time to be a Blue, and credit has to go to Mancini for all that he has learned and his ability and willingness, to adapt.
I would not want to lose him now. We suffered while he was learning the English game and we deserve to enjoy the good times which he has helped to introduce.

Forza City!

MikeG_121 said:

Errh, goodbye.

remoh said:
Yes, I was a Mancini outer; not one of the early ones because I was off the forums for a while, but from the beginning of the year or so I began venting my bewilderment and frustration on here.
What got me going was that no progress was being made and it was hard to see how anyone could make such a good bunch of players put out such mediocre performances. In addition, I felt that he had dumped some of our best talent on the sidelines for reasons of his own. I like wingers, too and that is clearly not part of the plan; we are beginning to get width provided by the full-backs now, but it's been a long time coming.
As De Niro says, we all wanted stability, but at that time I felt that management stability was our worst option, with all the signs being that Mancini had a poor understanding of the Prem. and was trying to introduce the Italian - style game which he did understand.
With a squad full of quality players such as we had, we would always pick up points, regardless of tactics, but we could have been so much better in my opinion.
Towards the end of the season he took off the handcuffs and it all turned out much better than could have been expected, thank the Lord. This season the tactics have improved even more and with the addition of top-quality buys in the window we are flying. The way the new lads are settling in, we might still be in with a decent chance in the Champs League after our shaky start, but the main aim, the Title, is a reasonable punt with any luck.
It's now the greatest time to be a Blue, and credit has to go to Mancini for all that he has learned and his ability and willingness, to adapt.
I would not want to lose him now. We suffered while he was learning the English game and we deserve to enjoy the good times which he has helped to introduce.

Forza City!

you say he has "adapted" but I strongly disagree. Lst season was his first full season and we finished third (joint second) and won the FA Cup. He blueprint was always the same - get rid of the (w)anchors who were weighing the ship down, get his own players in and develop the ones mark hughes left, and get the team playing focused and disciplined football. He has not changed (adapted) at all

remoh said:

Forza City!
I'd say that broadly represents the view of the majority of blues I know, and I know quite a few

awest said:
How do you feel about him at the moment? serious question because with so much of the media changing their stance i wondered if you would be giving him your full support at the moment.

mancini outer`s arent they hiding under the bed with the balotelli outers because they think balo is fucking useless and a twat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.