Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Benarbia said:
Yeah Bernabia-I have read it and changes fuck all for me.
Let me just clarify this - HE HAS WON ABSOLUTELY FUCK ALL!

So the post doesn't change your view point whatsoever on Mancini and his tactics? Then I suggest you read it again

No the trophy cabinet is what has formed my opinion over the past 3 yrs about Mancini.
We lost a game of football to Wigan. Do you think we have a god given right to just win every fucking game?? I won't say what I am thinking.

I don't deny his achievements which have been fab but his constant shortcomings are now hampering our progress. How can you not see this? How can u not see the negativity in the 2 subs yesterday

If Pellegrini arrives he will get my complete support because, first and foremost, I am a City fan.

It has to be said though that, at Real, a runner up position and semi final does not constitute success.

John.des said:
Cant even believe he is not hated by half of the squad at least. Imagine what the new players think (Sinclair, Garcia, Rodwell etc.), when Mancini kept talking about how big mistake we did in the summer, we didnt become stronger we became weaker.

It's shameless isn't it?
I don't know about "hating", but I'm willing to bet not one single player, sees him as a father-figure, educator, friend, role model or mentor.
It just isn't Mancini's leadership style. He's a dictator who cares very little about other things than his own concerns.

Benching Costel last night was a fantastic way to distance himself further away from the players in my book.

oldius said:
If Pellegrini arrives he will get my complete support because, first and foremost, I am a City fan.

It has to be said though that, at Real, a runner up position and semi final does not constitute success.

Absolutely. The amount of wailing over the possible loss of a manager is unbelievable. Actually seen someone threaten to not renew if he leaves.

If you support the club then support it, if you only support the manager then your going to be changing clubs a lot

oldius said:

In a 2 team league aswell!

more from 100% Duncan

Roberto Mancini attacks Manchester City as Manuel Pellegrini agrees to take over as coach.

After an FA Cup Final tactical humiliation at the hands of relegation-threatened Wigan Athletic, Roberto Mancini is expected to lose his position as manager of Manchester City. The Abu Dhabi-owned club say they will formally review the Italian's performance when a Premier League season in which they ceded the trophy to Manchester United ends next week; behind the scenes a contract has already been placed before Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini.

According to sources close to the deal, Pellegrini has verbally agreed to take over from Mancini once City exercise a €4million clause in his contract with the Champions League quarter-finalists. “I don’t think any of us really want to leave Malaga,” said Pellegrini yesterday. “Everyone would prefer to stay but, unfortunately, the circumstances we are in don’t allow that.”

It is understood that City exchanged contracts with Pellegrini's lawyers last week though the those have yet to be formally signed. Inherently conservative in their approach to such matters, that City accelerated their courtship of the Chilean in FA Cup Final is a response to competing interest from Barcelona.

Early last week, Barcelona asked to be informed of Pellegrini's intentions for next season amidst internal concerns over Tito Vilanova's ability to continue as coach. When City learned of Barca's approach they immediately moved to avoid losing the South American to the La Liga champions-elect.

City's board met on Saturday morning, with senior officials declining to confirm or deny that a deal was now in place with Pellegrini. They did, though, recognise that Mancini's performance was under review following a season in which the Premier League's most expensively assembled and best paid squad was knocked out of the Champions League at the group stage and meekly ceded the domestic title.

City's Spanish executives Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain have been preparing to replace Mancini as manager for months now. In February, The Sunday Times revealed that the pair had informed Pellegrini he was their preferred candidate after double Champions League winner Pep Guardiola chose to join Bayern Munich ahead of City.

Read more here (£): <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesundayti.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesundayti..</a>. about 7 hours ago

Benarbia said:
Yeah Bernabia-I have read it and changes fuck all for me.
Let me just clarify this - HE HAS WON ABSOLUTELY FUCK ALL!

So the post doesn't change your view point whatsoever on Mancini and his tactics? Then I suggest you read it again

No the trophy cabinet is what has formed my opinion over the past 3 yrs about Mancini.
We lost a game of football to Wigan. Do you think we have a god given right to just win every fucking game?? I won't say what I am thinking.

This is what makes me laugh about you. Straw man arguments all the time. Completely ignore the debate about repeated tactical ineptitude against the same types of teams playing the same way, and try and turn it into one about fans thinking we have a God given right to win every game. Well, no, of course we don't. Any team can lose a football match, but coming up short against every team that employs a high press, and has a bit of pace and width (Southampton, Liverpool, Dortmund, Swansea, Madrid, Ajax, Everton), is a different matter. FFS, we even had a dress rehearsal against Wigan 3 weeks ago, so we knew exactly what to expect, and yet we were still totally unprepared. Thankfully our owners aren't quite as blind......

Some of us on here need to get our head out of the sand!

Mancini's problems are of his own making and Pelligrini is a fantastic manager to take over from him if any of these rumours are true.

I love mancini and I an grateful for all he has done for us but its all there for us to see he has weaknesses but he is a winner. The thing is he can stay and would be a success here but the problem is Mancini is not flexible. He will need to change but why should he since his method management has fared him well for so many years...leopard don't change their spots i think goes the saying.The players are not listening to him, there is no connection, bond, love and respect that we see with other top side/ managers etc just look at roberto martinez and you can see what I am talking about.

I am not a mancini outer but I believe parting company will do us more good than bad.

Pelligrini may not have had career glittered with silverware but he is is the complete opposite and has qualities that if mancini has only 30 per cent of excellent man management skills he would be a bit more successful in that department and we would not have seen the performances of our players with no desire, passion and fight on a cup final. Absolute disgrace.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/11/manuel-pellegrini-malaga-manchester-city?mobile-redirect=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... rect=false</a>

Here are links to articles about manuel pellegrini: might be an eye opener for passing quick judgement. ..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/just-why-do-manchester-city-want-manuel-pellegrini-8612517.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 12517.html</a>

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Benarbia said:

This is what makes me laugh about you. Straw man arguments all the time. Completely ignore the debate about repeated tactical ineptitude against the same types of teams playing the same way, and try and turn it into one about fans thinking we have a God given right to win every game. Well, no, of course we don't. Any team can lose a football match, but coming up short against every team that employs a high press, and has a bit of pace and width (Southampton, Liverpool, Dortmund, Swansea, Madrid, Ajax, Everton), is a different matter. FFS, we even had a dress rehearsal against Wigan 3 weeks ago, so we knew exactly what to expect, and yet we were still totally unprepared. Thankfully our owners aren't quite as blind......

What did you think yesterday when you seen our starting 11?

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Benarbia said:

Good post and well said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.