Mancini Protest

BillyShears said:
His CV was put together in Serie A. Not in the premiership. They are different leagues, and the way Mancini likes to play ensures we will never win the premiership under him IMO...

Well said and i tend to agree.

With Mancini's current attitude we won't win the title. We must have one of the best records against the big4 in the PL this season, we're obviously a talented enough squad to compete now.

We went all out against a full strength Chelsea and Arsenal at the begining of the season and won both. We sat back at Anfield/Emirates/Old Trafford and didn't take a point. Chelsea self combusted to a similar game plan to yesterday to give us the win.

But Utd dont go to Chelsea looking for a draw, similarly Chelsea don't go to Old Trafford set up for apoint. The table doesn't allow us to sit back against Villa, if we draw and Spurs win, then at best we're three points behind and level goal difference.

We then must win at Spurs and West ham by a greater goal diference than Spurs to achieve 4th.

Mancio said:
BillyShears said:
His CV was put together in Serie A. Not in the premiership. They are different leagues, and the way Mancini likes to play ensures we will never win the premiership under him IMO...

also the Ancelotti CV was put together in serie A...... but maybe Ancelotti is more ductile and adaptable ... LOL

Ancelotti's teams have a far more expansive and attacking nature to them than Mancini's do. That was the case when they were at Inter and AC respectively as well. So, IMO, Ancelotti is more likely to win the premiership than Mancini.

You can't win this league by hoping to beat decent footballing teams on the counter attack. You just end up being frustrated. Mancini has always been like this. He attempted to play like that in the champions league against Liverpool and he came undone a couple of years ago. He tried the same thing against United in the Carling Cup and he came undone. He tried it in the league against United and came undone. Tried it against Arsenal - a point. Liverpool at home, a point.

Like I say, for my money, he's a great manager who will do really well for us, but he will never win the premiership. Not so long as guys like Wenger, Fergie, and Ancelotti are around...

To suggest Mancini doesnt have the ability or sense to adapt to the premiership is an insult to his intelligence, opinions should be based on more than gut feeling and as only time will tell if he gets it none knows yet.

hilts said:
To suggest Mancini doesnt have the ability or sense to adapt to the premiership is an insult to his intelligence, opinions should be based on more than gut feeling and as only time will tell if he gets it none knows yet.

Its not feeling, we've all seen how we've set up in a number of games equal this season to Hughes... who was judged and sacked.

However, Mancini is working with someone else's squad, he could well show us all what he's made of after this summer's window.

hilts said:

Time will tell...I hope you're right and he does adapt.

BillyShears said:
Mancio said:
also the Ancelotti CV was put together in serie A...... but maybe Ancelotti is more ductile and adaptable ... LOL

Ancelotti's teams have a far more expansive and attacking nature to them than Mancini's do. That was the case when they were at Inter and AC respectively as well. So, IMO, Ancelotti is more likely to win the premiership than Mancini.

You can't win this league by hoping to beat decent footballing teams on the counter attack. You just end up being frustrated. Mancini has always been like this. He attempted to play like that in the champions league against Liverpool and he came undone a couple of years ago. He tried the same thing against United in the Carling Cup and he came undone. He tried it in the league against United and came undone. Tried it against Arsenal - a point. Liverpool at home, a point.

Like I say, for my money, he's a great manager who will do really well for us, but he will never win the premiership. Not so long as guys like Wenger, Fergie, and Ancelotti are around...

just a question (and sorry for my poor english) , but do you really believe in what you write ???

I dont think you can be so idiot to do this , then I MUST believe you are actually kidding me.

or really need I say the most simple and understandable : all the managers can win if and when they have the best team .

GStar said:
hilts said:

Its not feeling, we've all seen how we've set up in a number of games equal this season to Hughes... who was judged and sacked.

However, Mancini is working with someone else's squad, he could well show us all what he's made of after this summer's window.

The question is has he set up defensively because he wants to play that way or because he feels this is the way to get results with the current playing staff? any manager taking over this team when he did would have seen the need to sort out the defence, he has set up teams more attack minded but the players were not good enough to pull it off(united game springs to mind)

In five matches against top three sides, Mancini has 2 wins, a draw and two losses.

I'm not sure what the problem is, the tactics have been effective against the best teams.

Mancio said:
just a question (and sorry for my poor english) , but do you really believe in what you write ???

I dont think you can be so idiot to do this , then I MUST believe you are actually kidding me.

Of course I believe what I write. Are you such an idiot that you cannot see what is clearly in front of your eyes. Mancini's brand of counter attacking doesn't work against decent footballing teams, unless they lose their collective minds ala Chelsea a few weeks back.

or really need I say the most simple and understandable : all the managers can win if and when they have the better team .

Mancini's team when Liverpool comfortably knocked them out of the Champions league included Maicon, Cesar, Ibra, Stankovich, Cambiasso, Materazzi, Chivu, Figo, and Julio Cruz. Granted Liverpool had Gerrard Torres and Mascherano. But they also had Kuyt, Lucas, Pennant, Finnan, Aurelio, and Babel.

I'm not saying Mancini is a shit manager, not by a long stretch. However clearly he's a manager who has some limitations otherwise he wouldn't have left Inter in the first place...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.