Mancini Protest

BillyShears said:
Mancio said:
just a question (and sorry for my poor english) , but do you really believe in what you write ???

I dont think you can be so idiot to do this , then I MUST believe you are actually kidding me.

Of course I believe what I write. Are you such an idiot that you cannot see what is clearly in front of your eyes. Mancini's brand of counter attacking doesn't work against decent footballing teams, unless they lose their collective minds ala Chelsea a few weeks back.

or really need I say the most simple and understandable : all the managers can win if and when they have the better team .

Mancini's team when Liverpool comfortably knocked them out of the Champions league included Maicon, Cesar, Ibra, Stankovich, Cambiasso, Materazzi, Chivu, Figo, and Julio Cruz. Granted Liverpool had Gerrard Torres and Mascherano. But they also had Kuyt, Lucas, Pennant, Finnan, Aurelio, and Babel.

I'm not saying Mancini is a shit manager, not by a long stretch. However clearly he's a manager who has some limitations otherwise he wouldn't have left Inter in the first place...

in fairness he left inter because their president/owner is a dick who demanded that Inter won the champions league which was harsh bearing in mind the quality of italian football at the time

moomba said:
In five matches against top three sides, Mancini has 2 wins, a draw and two losses.

I'm not sure what the problem is, the tactics have been effective against the best teams.

No goals scored, and only a handful of shots, against Liverpool, United, and Arsenal. Not very effective if you ask me...

And one of his two wins came in a cup semi final first leg, in a tie we ultimately lost anyway. I'd swap that in a heartbeat for the three points against United last weekend...

I too have well documented doubts about Mancini and his seemingly one track plan of sitting back, and playing for the draw. What we all have to take into account though and possibly cut him some slack is the fact that this is not his team, he is obviously going to mistrust some players and doubt their abilities and until he has been given his own players, its possibly a tad harsh to overly criticise.

His record at Inter suggests thjat his teams are not just defensivly strong, they are also rather good going forward, thus eliminating this defensive stereotype.

He has made mistakes this season, we all know that but you cant argue that we are now a better side with him in charge.

He will get the summer i think and next season will be the one to judge.

I hope he does that as i like the guy, he just needs to realise that English football is different to Italian football and he must quickly realise the strengths of the team and allow them to play to them.

Let sides worry about us rather than the other way round.

BillyShears said:
No goals scored, and only a handful of shots, against Liverpool, United, and Arsenal. Not very effective if you ask me...

I don't know, last season we had 2 goals and 0 points from the same 3 matching matches. And 0 goals and 0 points against Chelsea away. So 2 goals and 5 points better than the year before.

And one of his two wins came in a cup semi final first leg, in a tie we ultimately lost anyway. I'd swap that in a heartbeat for the three points against United last weekend...

It shows we can beat the best under Mancini, if his tactics were so detrimental to the team our results would have reflected that.

BillyShears said:
Of course I believe what I write. Are you such an idiot that you cannot see what is clearly in front of your eyes. Mancini's brand of counter attacking doesn't work against decent footballing teams, unless they lose their collective minds ala Chelsea a few weeks back.

Mancini's brand of counter attacking depend by the players (the team) he is managing. the actual City is too poor at back and if go in full attack vs decent teams there is a great risk of leak goals for them counter. then actual City can attack just with just a few players .

BillyShears said:
Mancini's team when Liverpool comfortably knocked them out of the Champions league included Maicon, Cesar, Ibra, Stankovich, Cambiasso, Materazzi, Chivu, Figo, and Julio Cruz. Granted Liverpool had Gerrard Torres and Mascherano. But they also had Kuyt, Lucas, Pennant, Finnan, Aurelio, and Babel. .

Liverpool then had two great players you forget : De Bleckere and Øvrebø

moomba said:
I don't know, last season we had 2 goals and 0 points from the same 3 matching matches. And 0 goals and 0 points against Chelsea away. So 2 goals and 5 points better than the year before.

We have a totally different team this season so it's totally irrelevant how we did last season. You can't dispute that we failed to score against United, Arsenal, and Liverpool under Mancini, and had no more than a handful of shots, let alone shots on target...

It shows we can beat the best under Mancini, if his tactics were so detrimental to the team our results would have reflected that.

I don't know how no goals against Liverpool Arsenal and United in the league shows we can beat the best under Mancini. The only win we have registered is the away win at Chelsea, which recent performances have suggested was nothing more than a one off...

BillyShears said:
We have a totally different team this season so it's totally irrelevant how we did last season. You can't dispute that we failed to score against United, Arsenal, and Liverpool under Mancini, and had no more than a handful of shots, let alone shots on target..

You're selectively picking your teams, why no Chelsea? And why Liverpool who are 7th? And why are you talking about shots which don't decide the league and not points, which do.

I don't know how no goals against Liverpool Arsenal and United in the league shows we can beat the best under Mancini. The only win we have registered is the away win at Chelsea, which recent performances have suggested was nothing more than a one off...

We've beaten Chelsea under Mancini, we've beaten the rags under Mancini. Not sure what else we can do to prove we are capable of beating the best.

The lack of football knowledge is astounding on here at times....

The only way we can play, with the current squad, is counter-attacking football. Bellamy, Johnson, Tevez, Ade, a front 4 that is best utilized when hitting teams on the break.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist of an opposition manager to know this and as such, exactly like Wenger did yesterday, you don't commit your fullbacks forward thus nullifying our attacking threat as we don't have any central midfielders capable of driving on with the ball or hitting a 30+yard pass.

Chelsea away and Arsenal at home were classic examples of what we do to sides who over commit offensively.

I have said it before but in footballing terms we are a one trick pony and until we strengthen in the summer then this will not change.

We also suffer because of not having full backs who are good enough offensively, this is again something Bob would look to improve in the summer without a shadow of doubt.

Assuming Bob gets the keys to the safe then I have complete confidence that he knows what he needs to strengthen in order for us to challenge for the title next year.

If we dont get fourth then it will be because the players werent good enough under hughes or mancini, in which case the blame goes to the guy who bought them in the first place which seems fair enough to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.