Mancini to Juventus speculation

Rammy Blue said:
BobKowalski said:
And why on the eve of a big match for Inter is Jose on Sky pleading for a bleeding job when he has one waiting for him at City?

This is the bit that I can't get my head around, every time I look at the facts I still don't come up with the relevant answer.

IMO Bob doesn't strike me as someone who looks like he will be managing City next year, little snippets here and there but overall not a man who seems to talk about what he intends to build, more that he just discusses this season.

I therefore can only assume that Jose will become the new manager of City in the summer but then why does he appear to be hawking himself out there to other clubs?

As I have said previously I just hope we don't do "typical City" and end up with neither Bob or Jose at the helm.

I really like Bob and think he would win us the Prem in the same amount of time as Jose, I just hope we don't end up looking foolish if Jose takes the piss.

This is way if Bob can do the business I would rather stick with him as I could see him staying around for along time.

Jose however great manager as he is how long would he stay until moving on!!

Rammy Blue said:
BobKowalski said:
And why on the eve of a big match for Inter is Jose on Sky pleading for a bleeding job when he has one waiting for him at City?

This is the bit that I can't get my head around, every time I look at the facts I still don't come up with the relevant answer.

IMO Bob doesn't strike me as someone who looks like he will be managing City next year, little snippets here and there but overall not a man who seems to talk about what he intends to build, more that he just discusses this season.

I therefore can only assume that Jose will become the new manager of City in the summer but then why does he appear to be hawking himself out there to other clubs?

As I have said previously I just hope we don't do "typical City" and end up with neither Bob or Jose at the helm.

I really like Bob and think he would win us the Prem in the same amount of time as Jose, I just hope we don't end up looking foolish if Jose takes the piss.

To be quite honest mate, I don't think it's a case of Mourinho OR Mancini. As you quite rightly point out, there does seem to be an element of "stop gap" about Mancini's current tenure, and Mourinho is fluttering his eyelashes at the worlds media.

IMVHO the cards will fall like this. Top 4, and only Mourinho can unseat Mancini. We finish 5th or lower, and Mourinho or not, there will be an "end of season review" which will take into account everything that's gone on this season, and a manager will be appointed accordingly. There are some rather surprising names, one particular, doing the rounds at the moment, so I guess we'll just have to sit tight and wait and see...

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

To be quite honest mate, I don't think it's a case of Mourinho OR Mancini. As you quite rightly point out, there does seem to be an element of "stop gap" about Mancini's current tenure, and Mourinho is fluttering his eyelashes at the worlds media.

IMVHO the cards will fall like this. Top 4, and only Mourinho can unseat Mancini. We finish 5th or lower, and Mourinho or not, there will be an "end of season review" which will take into account everything that's gone on this season, and a manager will be appointed accordingly. There are some rather surprising names, one particular, doing the rounds at the moment, so I guess we'll just have to sit tight and wait and see...

Tell us more............ not Martin O'Neil!!!

Wrighty Wrexham said:
BillyShears said:

Tell us more............ not Martin O'Neil!!!

I'll cry if we get rid of Mancini and appoint O'Neil.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

I think you are pretty much spot on there Billy, I just got the feeling that it had come down to Bob or Jose on the basis that we wouldn't want to be fannying around in the summer so that we could get on with our squad rebuilding.

Not sure if the name you are talking about is Capello but I did hear some interesting stuff about him before Xmas.

If this is what is panning out ie Mancini brought in just for 6 months while we waited for Capello, Mourinho etc why on earth did the owners get rid of Hughes?

I was certainly no fan of MH but surely 3 managers in 6 months is more than a bit disruptive. Hughes had his way of doing things. Mancini his. If we got Capello in June he will have no doubt his methods. Confusing for the players?

And it suggests that the owners had zero confidence in Hughes if they felt they had to bring in someone just for a few months.

And a manager of Mancini's stature putting his head on the line in this fashion.
He must either have been very bored or paid alot of money for this 6 month firefighting job.

robbieh said:
If this is what is panning out ie Mancini brought in just for 6 months while we waited for Capello, Mourinho etc why on earth did the owners get rid of Hughes?

I was certainly no fan of MH but surely 3 managers in 6 months is more than a bit disruptive. Hughes had his way of doing things. Mancini his. If we got Capello in June he will have no doubt his methods. Confusing for the players?

And it suggests that the owners had zero confidence in Hughes if they felt they had to bring in someone just for a few months.

And a manager of Mancini's stature putting his head on the line in this fashion.
He must either have been very bored or paid alot of money for this 6 month firefighting job.

This is why I keep trying, and failing, to give up second guessing what is going on with regards to the managerial position at our club.

I do though understand the logic that the board/owner felt we wouldn't finish 4th under Hughes so removed him, got Bob in to try and finish the job whilst knowing that in the summer they can choose from a great selection of managers, Capello included.

Rammy Blue said:
robbieh said:

This is why I keep trying, and failing, to give up second guessing what is going on with regards to the managerial position at our club.

I do though understand the logic that the board/owner felt we wouldn't finish 4th under Hughes so removed him, got Bob in to try and finish the job whilst knowing that in the summer they can choose from a great selection of managers, Capello included.

Prestwich Blue and a few other posters have said repeatedly that the Hughes sacking was more than anything down to the fact that he had gotten wind that the club were talking to other managers (possibly about taking over in the summer), and gave them a back me or sack me ultimatum. It's actually the most plausible reason for why things seemed to happen so quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.