Mancini to Juventus speculation

robbieh said:
We have had unhappy players for as long as I remember.

Of course they will be unhappy with Mancini. He's actually a professional who probably takes a dim view of the off field antics of some and the distinct lack of ability of others.

It's not their job to like the manager. I imagine quite a few at United don't like the manager.

If there are some causing problems they will be shipped out. Quite a few of them don't know what success looks like to quote Cooke. Luckily the manager does.

You'll always have players running to the press about the fact they're not happy. As a manager it would be near impossible to make everybody in 30+ squad happy.

wouldnt it be great fun if Mourinho goes to real madrid amd then Mancini fucks of to juventus?

Trust me if Mancini leaves we will miss him big time.

Did this come because he watched their game against Fulham (who we were playing 3 days later).

bluefandk said:
wouldnt it be great fun if Mourinho goes to real madrid amd then Mancini fucks of to juventus?

Trust me if Mancini leaves we will miss him big time.

But Mourinho's wife has bought a house in Alderley Edge, I read it on here, I know its not far from the airport, and Madrid is a bit of a shithole, but surely he wouldn't commute ?

dick slexia said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Would you be happy to see him leave? I think it's harsh that you've made a judgement on his style of play with him only being in charge for just over 3 months and only bringing in two players. As it happens i think Mancini's style of play is to have energetic players who have the ability to get up and down and press the opposition. Sadly though he's been left with a set of centre midfielders who are incapable of this so it's difficult for him to inplement his style of play when he's not got players who fit into it

Mariga and Gago are two players who are decent on the ball but also have the ability to get up and down and press a lot more than the midfielders we've currently got
Is this why he signed Veira then? Agree Mariga would have been a great signing not sure about Gago as dont know too much about him.
if Mancini stays then great if Mourinho comes great as well, win win situation but think we need a sort out at end of season

Of course Vieira isn't the kind of player i was talking about but i think Mancini wanted someone in with a bit of experience and know how and bring in at least one other midfielder who fitted the description i gave earlier however for whatever reason he didn't manage to get one

I don't think Mancini is a manager who's style of play is to get his team to stand off, it's just at the moment he's not got the centre midfielders to get the team to press more as he had at inter with Cambiasso and Stankovic

i dont think we are gonna get Mourinho but no harm in hoping and yes id love the agnelli home made banana ice cream im happy with mancini but what decisions get made then its all for the best "i hope"

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_6070146,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 46,00.html</a>

Roberto Mancini has signalled his intent to one day return to management in Italy - and has not ruled out the Juventus job.

The Manchester City boss' future is thought to be hanging on whether he can steer City to UEFA Champions League qualification this season and he has previously dismissed a link with Juve.

The Bianconeri appointed Alberto Zaccheroni until the end of the season after sacking Ciro Ferrara in January but they are struggling to qualify for the Champions League themselves.

The Italian giants have won just four of their 10 Serie A games under Zaccheroni and were also dumped out of the Europa League by Fulham last month.

Mancini challenged Juve for the top honours in Italy when coach of Inter Milan and while the childhood Juve fan now claims he would welcome the opportunity to take charge of the Old Lady, he did not reveal when he aims to return to his homeland.

"I'm ready to go back, if and when there will be a possibility," he is quoted as saying in La Nazione.

"As for Juventus - Juve is always Juve. They are going through a difficult period right now but we are talking about a club with history and prestige, made up of many victories.
Enemy

"I am considered an enemy for my past at Inter Milan, but I want to reiterate that controversies of the past were personal and related to certain individuals, and I have said many times that I was a Juventus fan when I was a child.

"How near I am to a return to Italy I don't know, football is strange. It was probably right for me to broaden my horizons, but I will return sooner or later."

Mancini insists he is enjoying the English game, though, particularly the routine of sharing a post-match wine with the opposing manager.

"Living in England is fascinating, I discover a new world every day," he said.

"Sure, I'd bring the Premier League post-match ritual of a bottle of wine back to Italy.

"The coaches meet for a drink and talk about football, while players gather with family and eat together.

No grudges

"There are no grudges - the referee's whistle ends every dispute and every rivalry."

And Mancini, who lead Inter to three Serie A titles in his four years at Giuseppe Meazza between 2004 and 2008, believes his former club can claim Champions League glory this season after knocking Chelsea out in the last 16.

"I didn't follow all the games on Wednesday night but I can confirm what I said several months ago, that Inter Milan are favourites along with Manchester United and Barcelona, especially now Real Madrid have been knocked out.

"I really hope they win because an Inter triumph would have something of mine. It would mean that in my four years on the bench at Inter, I have done something good."

I hope its misquotes by those crafty journo's.

I was under the impression that Mancini enrolled his daughter into private school over here, unless i am mistaken..

Didsbury Dave said:
Braggster said:
I'm sure there are - wasn't really disputing that. My point was more that a lot of the commentary in the media on Mancini has been odd - no allowances made for the fact that he's new to the country, language, league and players, no respect given for his (significant) achievements, no comment on the fact that he has had £7million to spend while MH had £200m+, and so on. All of which is particularly odd given the allowances that many of these same journalists made for Hughes.

Fine, he might not get us fourth, and he might leave, but some of the press surrounding him has been hysterical and absurdly negative. IMO.

Your opinion is valid of course mate. I just haven't really seen it myself. Ithink he gets a fairly easy ride in the press to be honest.

By easy ride you mean with the 'Mancini to be replaced at end of season' stories that crop every week. The man has only been here 5 minutes and you could hear the knives sharpening within the first 30 seconds - but then the press had the hump over the Hughes sacking so Mancini catching some of the fallout was predictable and inevitable.

And as has already been said you don't manage in Italy at the highest level without learning to cope with the media crap. It goes with the job.

Anywho. Whats the latest on Jose? And why on the eve of a big match for Inter is Jose on Sky pleading for a bleeding job when he has one waiting for him at City?

BobKowalski said:
And why on the eve of a big match for Inter is Jose on Sky pleading for a bleeding job when he has one waiting for him at City?

This is the bit that I can't get my head around, every time I look at the facts I still don't come up with the relevant answer.

IMO Bob doesn't strike me as someone who looks like he will be managing City next year, little snippets here and there but overall not a man who seems to talk about what he intends to build, more that he just discusses this season.

I therefore can only assume that Jose will become the new manager of City in the summer but then why does he appear to be hawking himself out there to other clubs?

As I have said previously I just hope we don't do "typical City" and end up with neither Bob or Jose at the helm.

I really like Bob and think he would win us the Prem in the same amount of time as Jose, I just hope we don't end up looking foolish if Jose takes the piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.