Mancini to Juventus speculation

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
This is why I keep trying, and failing, to give up second guessing what is going on with regards to the managerial position at our club.

I do though understand the logic that the board/owner felt we wouldn't finish 4th under Hughes so removed him, got Bob in to try and finish the job whilst knowing that in the summer they can choose from a great selection of managers, Capello included.

Prestwich Blue and a few other posters have said repeatedly that the Hughes sacking was more than anything down to the fact that he had gotten wind that the club were talking to other managers (possibly about taking over in the summer), and gave them a back me or sack me ultimatum. It's actually the most plausible reason for why things seemed to happen so quickly.

Yeah, I know PB's post made sense however I always felt Nov/Dec would have been an odd time to be sounding out managers about a job becoming available in the summer, especially when we knew there would be a few decent candidates to choose from.

frothy said:
BillyShears said:
The paper is owned by the Agnelli family? Hmm, the plot thickens as they say...
don't our owners have a share in Ferrari or is it just the formula 1 team ? that could be the link with juventus ? keep him here till the summer

oops - give that man a spotters badge.

A certain Khaldoon is also chairman of Mubadala, Ferrari f1 sponsor, along with Etihad.

Yep I can't get my head round it either.

Which is why I keep going back to 'stick with the bleeding obvious'. Mancini says he has a 3.5 year contract and will be here next season no matter what (well barring total meltdown I guess) so Mancini will be here next season.

Everything else is just bollocks, rumours and more bollocks. Besides knowing our luck Capello will have a shite WC; come here as manager and have the press pissing on him for the next 12 months for f**king up our World Cup dreams.

And if we have more than one name floating round then it does pretty much mean one thing for sure. No one really has a bloody clue as to what will happen in the summer.

BobKowalski said:
Yep I can't get my head round it either.

Which is why I keep going back to 'stick with the bleeding obvious'. Mancini says he has a 3.5 year contract and will be here next season no matter what (well barring total meltdown I guess) so Mancini will be here next season.

Everything else is just bollocks, rumours and more bollocks. Besides knowing our luck Capello will have a shite WC; come here as manager and have the press pissing on him for the next 12 months for f**king up our World Cup dreams.

And if we have more than one name floating round then it does pretty much mean one thing for sure. No one really has a bloody clue as to what will happen in the summer.

Not sure about Capello, mate, wasn't there a story the other day he is contracted with England until after European Championships, and will be his last job?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
frothy said:
don't our owners have a share in Ferrari or is it just the formula 1 team ? that could be the link with juventus ? keep him here till the summer

A certain Khaldoon is also chairman of Mubadala, Ferrari f1 sponsor, along with Etihad.

Mancini to Juve I get. Come to City for six months. Keep the seat warm for Mourinho, and get the Juve job in return makes perfect sense. This would imply that Mourinho is more or less a done deal though, so what the bloody hell was he doing touting himself to all and sundry the other day? I hope it was a 'rush of blood' on his part and nothing more sinister, because I get the strong feeling that our owner isn't the type to take a public insult lightly.

hgblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Mancini to Juve I get. Come to City for six months. Keep the seat warm for Mourinho, and get the Juve job in return makes perfect sense. This would imply that Mourinho is more or less a done deal though, so what the bloody hell was he doing touting himself to all and sundry the other day? I hope it was a 'rush of blood' on his part and nothing more sinister, because I get the strong feeling that our owner isn't the type to take a public insult lightly.

Was he actually touting himself, though. It could have been code for anything, especially a week after his agent was in town.

Maybe jose is shitting it because he knows there are a couple of other irons in the fire for us.

As for the Juve thing, we as fans might be trying to look too deeply in how we arrive at a decision.

The Juventus/Ferrari links certainly seems an easy link.

Our owners certainly have form for using their own network to obtain things.

Think Mancini was a mate of Khaldoon from way back?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
frothy said:

Which either means everything or f**k all. We can all connect the dots ala a Glenn Beck special until we are convinced ADUG are the illuminati and that the Chuckle Brothers are not quite human because we have been down this road before, albeit in a Fiat not a Ferrari, with Sheikh Mansours and his ties with Berlusconi meaning the Kaka deal was a 'done deal'.

Its all bollocks. Entertaining bollocks but bollocks nevertheless.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
frothy said:

and the ford works rally team

BobKowalski said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Which either means everything or f**k all. We can all connect the dots ala a Glenn Beck special until we are convinced ADUG are the illuminati and that the Chuckle Brothers are not quite human because we have been down this road before, albeit in a Fiat not a Ferrari, with Sheikh Mansours and his ties with Berlusconi meaning the Kaka deal was a 'done deal'.

If you think Mancini is anymore sure of his future than we are, you're mistaken.

BobKowalski said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Glenn Bleck scares me....

Courtney Friel excites me...

Love Fox, best female presenters in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.