Mancini to Juventus speculation

tolmie's hairdoo said:
hgblue said:
Mancini to Juve I get. Come to City for six months. Keep the seat warm for Mourinho, and get the Juve job in return makes perfect sense. This would imply that Mourinho is more or less a done deal though, so what the bloody hell was he doing touting himself to all and sundry the other day? I hope it was a 'rush of blood' on his part and nothing more sinister, because I get the strong feeling that our owner isn't the type to take a public insult lightly.

Was he actually touting himself, though. It could have been code for anything, especially a week after his agent was in town.

Maybe jose is shitting it because he knows there are a couple of other irons in the fire for us.

As for the Juve thing, we as fans might be trying to look too deeply in how we arrive at a decision.

The Juventus/Ferrari links certainly seems an easy link.

Our owners certainly have form for using their own network to obtain things.

Think Mancini was a mate of Khaldoon from way back?

Its an episode of f**king 'Lost'. Jose/Jacob is now speaking in code - I mean seriously he's a football manager for crying out loud.

And I still want to know why Jose has gone from a 'done deal' to one of 'several irons in the fire'

If Jose/Jacob starts talking backwards or turns into black smoke I am officially off the Jose bandwagon :)<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:10 pm --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:
BobKowalski said:
Which either means everything or f**k all. We can all connect the dots ala a Glenn Beck special until we are convinced ADUG are the illuminati and that the Chuckle Brothers are not quite human because we have been down this road before, albeit in a Fiat not a Ferrari, with Sheikh Mansours and his ties with Berlusconi meaning the Kaka deal was a 'done deal'.

Its all bollocks. Entertaining bollocks but bollocks nevertheless.

Glenn Bleck scares me....

Courtney Friel excites me...

Love Fox, best female presenters in the world.

You see the Colbert take on Beck with his 'Doomsday' bunker a while back - funny as hell

BobKowalski said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Was he actually touting himself, though. It could have been code for anything, especially a week after his agent was in town.

Maybe jose is shitting it because he knows there are a couple of other irons in the fire for us.

As for the Juve thing, we as fans might be trying to look too deeply in how we arrive at a decision.

Its an episode of f**king 'Lost'. Jose/Jacob is now speaking in code - I mean seriously he's a football manager for crying out loud.

And I still want to know why Jose has gone from a 'done deal' to one of 'several irons in the fire'

If Jose/Jacob starts talking backwards or turns into black smoke I am officially off the Jose bandwagon :)

You make some valid points.

But Jose is a football manager at another club.

We are a club who still have a manager, trying to make top four, and stability of some form.

Hughes was sacked three weeks before they actually pulled the trigger.

Agreements mean nowt until on the dotted line, otherwise Kaka would already have been a blue.

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
Which either means everything or f**k all. We can all connect the dots ala a Glenn Beck special until we are convinced ADUG are the illuminati and that the Chuckle Brothers are not quite human because we have been down this road before, albeit in a Fiat not a Ferrari, with Sheikh Mansours and his ties with Berlusconi meaning the Kaka deal was a 'done deal'.

Its all bollocks. Entertaining bollocks but bollocks nevertheless.

If you think Mancini is anymore sure of his future than we are, you're mistaken.

you dont know who mancini really is , neither his character .

trust in who know him a bit better... mancini is and will be the City manager at least for the next 3 years. at least.

BobKowalski said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

If Jose/Jacob starts talking backwards or turns into black smoke I am officially off the Jose bandwagon :)

-- Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:10 pm --

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Glenn Bleck scares me....

Courtney Friel excites me...

Love Fox, best female presenters in the world.

You see the Colbert take on Beck with his 'Doomsday' bunker a while back - funny as hell

Shame I missed that. Have watched Fox since day of 9/11.

Beck takes it to another level, altogether. Only last week he was saying how America gave the world pretty much everything from TV (wrong) electricity (wrong) the internet (wrong), medicine (wrong)

I like Geraldo, decent mix of the two views. Brian Kilmeade, hilarious.

But Megyn Kelly, Gretchen Carlsson, Juliet Huddy, Courtney, Alisyn Camerotta, jesus, how many hot women can work for one station.

Certainly beats Trevor McDonald!

Mancio said:
BillyShears said:
If you think Mancini is anymore sure of his future than we are, you're mistaken.

you dont know who mancini really is , neither his character .

trust in who know him a bit better... mancini is and will be the City manager at least for the next 3 years. at least.

If Mancini is the manager of City for the next three years then I will be very happy.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BobKowalski said:

You make some valid points.

But Jose is a football manager at another club.

We are a club who still have a manager, trying to make top four, and stability of some form.

Hughes was sacked three weeks before they actually pulled the trigger.

Agreements mean nowt until on the dotted line, otherwise Kaka would already have been a blue.

Agreed. But if Mancini is an intrim appointment as Hiddink was then the club should have said so from the off. Everyone would know where they stand and everyone knows the score. They then have the option of continuing with Mancini or seeking a new long term coach in the summer.

Which is why I don't think Mancini is an intrim appointment. I am not saying they will not sack him in the summer if results are bad or his conduct at the club is considered unsatisfactory or whatever. But all things being equal then Mancini will be here next season.

I am sticking with my 'bleeding obvious' strategy :)<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:28 pm --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:
BobKowalski said:

-- Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:10 pm --

Shame I missed that. Have watched Fox since day of 9/11.

Beck takes it to another level, altogether. Only last week he was saying how America gave the world pretty much everything from TV (wrong) electricity (wrong) the internet (wrong), medicine (wrong)

I like Geraldo, decent mix of the two views. Brian Kilmeade, hilarious.

But Megyn Kelly, Gretchen Carlsson, Juliet Huddy, Courtney, Alisyn Camerotta, jesus, how many hot women can work for one station.

Certainly beats Trevor McDonald!

I kind of like Shep Smith and the way he slips in the odd subversive liberal comment totally dead pan. Drives the Fox faithful insane

Agree they do like a hot blonde - heck they like an Aryan stereotype full stop. Especially if she is stacked :)

Is there anything in this? If it can be believed, he says he is "ready to go back" and certainly doesn't rule anything out.

Daily Mail said:
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini opens the door to an Italian return with Juventus

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has suggested he would welcome a return to Italy with Serie A giants Juventus.
The Italian only came to the Premier League in December, replacing the sacked Mark Hughes, but is in danger of missing out on the primary aim set out upon his arrival; a top four spot.
City are well-placed to make a late surge for the coveted Champions League position but face a tricky trip to Arsenal and a visit of rivals Manchester United during the next three weeks.
Juventus meanwhile face an even tougher task in securing a spot at Europe's top table. The Bianconeri are embroiled, much like City, in a four-team tussle for fourth place and are woefully out of form with just four wins in 10 league matches under Alberto Zaccheroni. The caretaker boss is contracted only until the end of the campaign.
Mancini said: 'I'm ready to go back, if and when there will be a possibility,'
'As for Juventus - Juve is always Juve. They are going through a difficult period right now but we are talking about a club with history and prestige, made up of many victories.
'How near I am to a return to Italy I don't know, football is strange. It was probably right for me to broaden my horizons, but I will return sooner or later.'
A sticking point in the potential switch is Mancini's history with Inter Milan, Juve's most fierce rivals in Serie A.

'I am considered an enemy for my past at Inter Milan,' he added, 'but I want to reiterate that controversies of the past were personal and related to certain individuals.
'I have said many times that I was a Juventus fan when I was a child.'
Whether Mancini is jumped or pushed from the Manchester City hotseat remains to be seen. The 45-year-old boasts a higher win percentage in the Premier League than any of his predecessors (54 per cent) and denies he is not enjoying life at Eastlands.
'Living in England is fascinating, I discover a new world every day,' he said. 'Sure, I'd bring the Premier League post-match ritual of a bottle of wine back to Italy.
'The coaches meet for a drink and talk about football, while players gather with family and eat together.
'There are no grudges - the referee's whistle ends every dispute and every rivalry.'

tolmie's hairdoo said:
hgblue said:
Mancini to Juve I get. Come to City for six months. Keep the seat warm for Mourinho, and get the Juve job in return makes perfect sense. This would imply that Mourinho is more or less a done deal though, so what the bloody hell was he doing touting himself to all and sundry the other day? I hope it was a 'rush of blood' on his part and nothing more sinister, because I get the strong feeling that our owner isn't the type to take a public insult lightly.

I suppose when you think about it there's probably not a serious football fan anywhere who isn't aware that Jose could well be leaving Inter in the summer, so he certainly didn't need to broadcast that fact to attract a job offer. The more you think about it, the more laughable it becomes. The idea that some Chief Executive of a major football club who is likely to be looking for a new manager in the summer could be blissfully unaware that Mourinho is an option until he tunes in to SSN is actually quite funny. So what was Jose up to? Was this a message to his friends in the English media of his impending return? They certainly seem to be the audience he cares about the most. So, Mancini to Juventus, Mourinho to City, Benitez to Madrid, O'Neill to Liverpool, Hughes to Villa? Just leaves Inter to find a new coach and we're all happy.

Once the ownership of the club changes hands, Mourinho will be the Rags next manager. Meanwhile he will try his hardest to upset the regimes at their greatest rivals, including City. If we let Mancini go, we may be focked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.