Mancini

OB1 said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
He wasn't a "top bloke" to the people he worked with. That was the problem.

Does anyone on here seriously care if he doesn't smile at the tea lady?

All this supposed "ITK" stuff is awfully convenient imo

Well, I spoke to someone who is most definitely in the know a few weeks ago in the Directors' Lounge at the Fulham v City game; someone senior who worked with Mancini and he said that whatever I had heard, Mancini was many many times worse to work with.

So what? It does not prove anything just somebodys opinion. There is probably not a successful buisnessmen/politician in this country who has not been disparaged by somebody they have worked with.

Is it only me who works at an orgainstaion where not everybody gets on? Was he successful...yes. We went from 6th to league champions in two full season under his management. An incredible achievement.

If the club wished to go in a different direction, e.g football director and Mancini was not prepared to concede power then you could argue the sacking is justifiable and in truth that is probably the reason for his dismissal.

If it was due to his fall out with players why did he get a new five year contract?

I wonder what it was that persuaded Mancini to speak with Neil Custis at such a juncture in our season?

And why he decided to give this interview to a journalist who was told by David Platt just three weeks before the manager was dismissed that he was definitely staying, no matter what?

And why the Sun, a paper that always has this club's best interests at heart, decided it was actually worth the front page today, rather than just a straight back?

Mancini again playing to the gallery and making it all about him.

Doesn't give a shit about this club and always makes a point of distancing his ire from Khaldoon, because he knows better than most not to pick a fight with a man with deeper pockets.

He demands recognition for the success of our team this season, will that also include any failures then?

DTKOAG said:
Mancini is doing himself no favours with these interviews.
Draw a line under it Mancini and move on FFS.

He really needs to learn to keep his mouth shut, else the truth will out.

How its been kept under wraps for so long is beyond me.

I don't blame the Senior Management at the club one bit for looking for a replacement as Mancini showed no loyalty to us whatsoever

Re: Mancini Thread

pudge said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
karen7 said:
My point is its human nature to moan if you feel you have been harshly treated.it was the clubs fault for giving him a 5yr contract that they had to pay up on
They paid him for 2 which was in the contract. I think the club expected him to keep his mouth shut and they would do the same. I also think they will respond somehow and certain journalists will be briefed or given the nod to release stuff they've been told. If so, he won't come out of it well. He should have kept quiet.
Neither the club nor Mancini can demand or expect anything from the other.

Why do they need to be briefed? Half this forum no the intimate details of the reason for his sacking (allegedly).<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:09 pm --<br /><br />
Blumers Bloomers said:
DTKOAG said:

I don't blame the Senior Management at the club one bit for looking for a replacement as Mancini showed no loyalty to us whatsoever

Kept under wraps? You sound like another one with a direct line to the movers and shakers?

franksinatra said:
pudge said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
They paid him for 2 which was in the contract. I think the club expected him to keep his mouth shut and they would do the same. I also think they will respond somehow and certain journalists will be briefed or given the nod to release stuff they've been told. If so, he won't come out of it well. He should have kept quiet.
Neither the club nor Mancini can demand or expect anything from the other.

Why do they need to be briefed? Half this forum no the intimate details of the reason for his sacking (allegedly).

-- Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:09 pm --

Blumers Bloomers said:
DTKOAG said:

Kept under wraps? You sound like another one with a direct line to the movers and shakers?
And of course, there's the inconvenient point that our PR department was "leaking" stories regarding why Mancini had to be shown the door and how right we were to do it since the moment it occurred.

Blumers Bloomers said:
DTKOAG said:

Whats this latest big secret then what Mancini has done
Come on bloomers spill?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I wonder what it was that persuaded Mancini to speak with Neil Custis at such a juncture in our season?

And why he decided to give this interview to a journalist who was told by David Platt just three weeks before the manager was dismissed that he was definitely staying, no matter what?

And why the Sun, a paper that always has this club's best interests at heart, decided it was actually worth the front page today, rather than just a straight back?

Mancini again playing to the gallery and making it all about him.

Doesn't give a shit about this club and always makes a point of distancing his ire from Khaldoon, because he knows better than most not to pick a fight with a man with deeper pockets.

He demands recognition for the success of our team this season, will that also include any failures then?

You have to laugh, Tolm.

I think he genuinely believes his own mythology. I bet he blames Soriano for him getting passed over for all the decent jobs this summer, too.

Mancini wumming BM again - he's a scamp isn't he!
Wish all sides would give it a rest though - nothing new has been revealed and his legacy is in danger of being overshadowed by unnecessary interviews with self interested journalists who can't wait to keep things boiling over.
It's all a bit sad really.

city91 said:
karen7 said:
Shock horror.a man who has been fired having a moan about it
Get over it,he hasn't killed anyone

I'm sorry but the Mancini moaning about his sacking is almost as hypocritical as Jose moaning about our spending.

He complained about Ferran and Txiki approaching other managers yet openly admitted to speaking to Monaco. Also I think he seems to forget the way he got our job in the first place. He didn't seem to have any problem agreeing to be our boss while Mark Hughes was in charge.

Exactly. Wasn't it a matter of days before he took over from Hughes. That's the cut-throat world of football, sadly. It's every man for himself in the end.

Maybe if the Pellegrini thread was unlocked we could move on from discussing the past.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.