Mancini's future

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It was well reported that Bridge was one of the ring-leaders of the early anti-Mancini revolts. SWP was clearly frozen out but, as I pointed out, there are significant weaknesses in his play. However he was costing us very little to keep so we must assume there was a personality clash of some sort. Onuoha was another who clearly felt badly done to by Mancini.
You could not be further from the truth about SWP being frozen out. He simply ws not picked often as he isn't very good. Mancini has been nothing but complementary about SWP the person. The same with Bridge. They just aren't good enough.

Onuoha, like many that have had problems thought Mancini was gone after 6 months and acted foolishly.

You make me laugh. What does the manager have to do to get your support?
I do support him. I support him 100% over Tevez as I've said already. Where have I said I don't? That's a very lazy and simplistic post of yours as well as twisting facts to suit your agenda.

Bridge was identified as one of the group of players who went to see Cook to demand Mancini's sacking early in his tenure. That's a fact whether you like it or not and he's been on shit street since then.

I accept there probably wasn't a personal problem between SWP & Mancini but his dad was causing problems and there was friction between Wright and the club (as proven by the Onuoha email incident) and they clearly were fed up of it and weren't going to offer SWP a new contract. I've been one of the most critical of SWP's abilities and said as much in an earlier post so I think it's a bit of both with SWP. Not quite good enough plus troublemaking father.

Bellamy's just an awkward sod but a good player and he was a victim of the "my way or the highway" approach of Mancini. They fell out over training and that's another well-established fact. Onuoha was daft to make public comments about Mancini on TV and was frozen out after that. Interestingly it took a refusal to play for him to finally freeze out Tevez and Balotelli has had a few chances after potentially blowing it. So it clearly helps if you're a decent player in his eyes.

We know that he doesn't have a lot of interaction with players. I thought not personally telling players that they were out and texting them to train with the youngsters was piss poor on RM's part. He should have had the guts to tell them where they stood face-to-face but he doesn't apparently talk much to players off the training ground. That's not the way I'd do it if I wanted the respect of my players but he's the manager so it's his choice and he'll stand or fall by that.

The thing that made Malcolm Allison a great coach was that he knew how to deal with each player as an individual. Some like Neil Young were often short of confidence and needed an arm round the shoulder to gee them up. Mike Summerbee needed to be riled to get a positive reaction so Mal would be aggressive and confrontational. Colin Bell needed very little interaction from him.

Baconface is a ruthless manager but equally knows when to be supportive of players having problems. And that's how he gets the best out of them.

Mancini like me, you and everyone, has strengths and weaknesses and people pointing out what they believe are weaknesses on a message board where we express opinions are not undermining him. Being blind to potential weaknesses may suit you but it's not my style. I get well paid for looking at problems from all angles and challenging people who I think are wrong. His strengths may well see us very successful but his weaknesses could see us fail and him out of a job. Like quite a few others on here I see players who don't appear to give their all more often than I'd like and can't seem to rouse themselves to come back from being a goal down. That's worth questioning in my eyes.

But I'll be at Ewood Park on Saturday giving the team and Mancini my full support. However once the whistle blows for full-time then I'll continue questioning anything I see as wrong.

So you work as a consultant?

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It was well reported that Bridge was one of the ring-leaders of the early anti-Mancini revolts. SWP was clearly frozen out but, as I pointed out, there are significant weaknesses in his play. However he was costing us very little to keep so we must assume there was a personality clash of some sort. Onuoha was another who clearly felt badly done to by Mancini.
You could not be further from the truth about SWP being frozen out. He simply ws not picked often as he isn't very good. Mancini has been nothing but complementary about SWP the person. The same with Bridge. They just aren't good enough.

Onuoha, like many that have had problems thought Mancini was gone after 6 months and acted foolishly.

You make me laugh. What does the manager have to do to get your support?
I do support him. I support him 100% over Tevez as I've said already. Where have I said I don't? That's a very lazy and simplistic post of yours as well as twisting facts to suit your agenda.

Bridge was identified as one of the group of players who went to see Cook to demand Mancini's sacking early in his tenure. That's a fact whether you like it or not and he's been on shit street since then. You mean early days as in the day Hughes was sacked? So not a problem with Mancini just a problem with the way Hughes was sacked

I accept there probably wasn't a personal problem between SWP & Mancini (so why type anything else about SWP then. There was no issue) but his dad was causing problems and there was friction between Wright and the club (as proven by the Onuoha email incident) and they clearly were fed up of it and weren't going to offer SWP a new contract. I've been one of the most critical of SWP's abilities and said as much in an earlier post so I think it's a bit of both with SWP. Not quite good enough plus troublemaking father.

Bellamy's just an awkward sod (Again, you could have stopped that debate there and then) but a good player and he was a victim of the "my way or the highway" approach of Mancini. They fell out over training and that's another well-established fact. Onuoha was daft to make public comments about Mancini on TV and was frozen out after that( so once again, not really Mancini's fault. Onuoha gamblem Bobby was going and lost the bet). Interestingly it took a refusal to play for him to finally freeze out Tevez and Balotelli has had a few chances after potentially blowing it. So it clearly helps if you're a decent player in his eyes. Nothing wrong with that

We know that he doesn't have a lot of interaction with players. I thought not personally telling players that they were out and texting them to train with the youngsters was piss poor on RM's part. He should have had the guts to tell them where they stood face-to-face but he doesn't apparently talk much to players off the training ground. That's not the way I'd do it if I wanted the respect of my players but he's the manager so it's his choice and he'll stand or fall by that.

The thing that made Malcolm Allison a great coach was that he knew how to deal with each player as an individual. Some like Neil Young were often short of confidence and needed an arm round the shoulder to gee them up. Mike Summerbee needed to be riled to get a positive reaction so Mal would be aggressive and confrontational. Colin Bell needed very little interaction from him.

Baconface is a ruthless manager but equally knows when to be supportive of players having problems. And that's how he gets the best out of them.

Mancini like me, you and everyone, has strengths and weaknesses and people pointing out what they believe are weaknesses on a message board where we express opinions are not undermining him. Being blind to potential weaknesses may suit you but it's not my style. I get well paid for looking at problems from all angles and challenging people who I think are wrong. His strengths may well see us very successful but his weaknesses could see us fail and him out of a job. Like quite a few others on here I see players who don't appear to give their all more often than I'd like and can't seem to rouse themselves to come back from being a goal down. That's worth questioning in my eyes.

But I'll be at Ewood Park on Saturday giving the team and Mancini my full support. However once the whistle blows for full-time then I'll continue questioning anything I see as wrong.

The last two paragraphs are fair enough.

lionheart said:
Just a word of caution. Some time ago a bloke called Berbatov refused to play for Tottenham. A few weeks later, his manager (Martin Jol) was sacked. The same thing happened to a Newcastle player (whose name escapes me) and a few weeks later Sir Bobby Robson was dismissed. We all hope the same thing doesn't happen here as quite frankly there are few decent managers around. Arsene Wenger anyone?

^^^ I think in the rush to lynch Tevez, the issue of Mancini's management style has been overlooked.

A thorough investigation of "Tevez-gate" will look not just at the events in the dugout on Tuesday night, but the treatment of Tevez in the run-up to that fixture + possibly Mancini's handling of other players if it is deemed relevant.

Certainly Tevez's advisors will be assembling a case that he was not being treated fairly compared to other players.

Although, I expect the internal review to come down firmly on the side of Mancini...I would not be surprised if there were one or two "clear the air" observations that will enable a few players to get things off their chest in relation to RM's management style.

There was no cover-up over the Cook e-mail episode and I expect the same thing will happen here.
RM has to be seen to win this battle with Tevez, but whether the review will deliver the "carte blanche" vote of confidence he seeks that strengthens his position within the club is another matter.

Why is Bob so annoyed, because the club have bent over backwards to try and accomdate tevez ever since he stuck his knob in that bird who wasnt his wife... he has had extra time off many times, been allowed to travel home, been leant a jet for this, he also took the piss by going to Spain with the woman instead of seeing the kids he so misses... Mancini defended him throughout his Manchester is shit comments, Mancini defended him when he handed in his transfer request, we were told all his troubles were with Cook and home sickness (FFS he was at West Ham and United for years why all of a sudden, after insisting on a 5 year contract is he home sick, if Manchester was so awful why sign for us in the first place). Fact is he isnt home sick, he has serially fucked up over the last year in trying to engineer a move away, if i was Bob i would be livid as well, Tevez has thrown it all back in Bob, the club, the fans and his team mates.

Those on here that dont like Mancini will be sharpening their knives and warming up their fingers to attack the man, but what else could he have done? Tevez over stepped the mark by a long way, one of the biggest taboos is not trying on the pitch, well the ugly fucker didnt even get that far... They will say tevez has got City where they are, no he hasnt, i think in the last 6 months he has held us back, which is borne out by the fact we had our strongest run at the end of last season without him, and the quality football has improved a lot this season. He has been moody, over weight and not very good when he has got game time this season.

Scooby Blue said:
lionheart said:
Just a word of caution. Some time ago a bloke called Berbatov refused to play for Tottenham. A few weeks later, his manager (Martin Jol) was sacked. The same thing happened to a Newcastle player (whose name escapes me) and a few weeks later Sir Bobby Robson was dismissed. We all hope the same thing doesn't happen here as quite frankly there are few decent managers around. Arsene Wenger anyone?

^^^ I think in the rush to lynch Tevez, the issue of Mancini's management style has been overlooked.

A thorough investigation of "Tevez-gate" will look not just at the events in the dugout on Tuesday night, but the treatment of Tevez in the run-up to that fixture + possibly Mancini's handling of other players if it is deemed relevant.

Certainly Tevez's advisors will be assembling a case that he was not being treated fairly compared to other players.

Although, I expect the internal review to come down firmly on the side of Mancini...I would not be surprised if there were one or two "clear the air" observations that will enable a few players to get things off their chest in relation to RM's management style.

There was no cover-up over the Cook e-mail episode and I expect the same thing will happen here.
RM has to be seen to win this battle with Tevez, but whether the review will deliver the "carte blanche" vote of confidence he seeks that strengthens his position within the club is another matter.
You must be having a laugh here!

The club has bent over backwards for that little **** like no other club has done in the history of football.

Scooby Blue said:
lionheart said:

How do you know that there are any problems with Mancinis manegement style?

I think any attempt by Tevez and his advisres to pretend that the twat has been treated unfairly by Mancini will only result in them being laughed out of the room.

SWP's back said:
Scooby Blue said:
lionheart said:

The club has bent over backwards for that little **** like no other club has done in the history of football.

You havnt been following the club for long have you?? Treated unfairly??

You taking a piss mate!

Mancini - ohhh said:
SWP's back said:
Scooby Blue said:

You taking a piss mate!

Think you quoted the wrong person.

SWP's back said:
Mancini - ohhh said:
SWP's back said:

You taking a piss mate!

Think you quoted the wrong person.

pisstaker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.