Mancini's future

kenzie115 said:
larderland said:
does anyone think this whole saga might effect his position??

i know we all want him to stay but does anyone feel this saga might either make or break him at mcfc??

Definitely, it will strengthen it.

He'll finally be getting rid of his biggest problem.

After Garry Cook

I'm not happy with Mancini's handling of Tevez this season and the debacle the other night (wholly down to Tevez who was totally out of order and now has no future at this club) could have been avoided if Mancini had given Tevez some more game time. It suits Mancini down to the ground that Tevez has made a twat of himself, but I'd question whether a manager should let personal feelings get in the way of the best interests of the club he works for. As others have mentioned Mancini has previous for this type of thing, and if Tevez was my £40 million pound asset I'd be fucking fuming, primarily with the player, but also with his manager for letting the situation get out of control. As far as Mancini's future in concerned, I'm pretty sure he's been given his target for the season and if he achieves it he'll be ok. Remains to be seen whether this week's events have strengthened or weakened us, although if it were my job on the line I'd want Tevez available for selection, because he's a quality player despite his faults.

BobKowalski said:
The departure of Cook and the Tevez saga has significantly strengthened Mancini's position which was already strong anyway.

I said during the summer that Mancini would have swapped Tevez for a handful of magic beans let alone someone like Eto'o but the board were holding out for big money and its blown up in our faces. The board's position was understandable from a financial point of view but with Tevez you just knew it was going to end in grief and they had enough history with Tevez to know it would happen so in some ways we only have ourselves to blame.

Mancini is no doubt reminding people that if they had listened to him in the first place this would never have happened and Mancini is politically astute enough to make sure people are taking notice.

Personally I think Mancini is slowly but surely increasing his grip on the club and won't let go until he has it the way he wants. Say what you like about the guy but in some ways its a masterclass in coming into a hostile environment (media, players even fans) and turning it around and shaping the club in his image.

Even more remarkably no one seems to have noticed.

I have to say originally I was a tad annoyed at Bobby telling the world about Tevez, but after reading that I starting to see it from another side. definitely food for thought there Mr K.

hgblue said:
I'm not happy with Mancini's handling of Tevez this season and the debacle the other night (wholly down to Tevez who was totally out of order and now has no future at this club) could have been avoided if Mancini had given Tevez some more game time. It suits Mancini down to the ground that Tevez has made a twat of himself, but I'd question whether a manager should let personal feelings get in the way of the best interests of the club he works for. As others have mentioned Mancini has previous for this type of thing, and if Tevez was my £40 million pound asset I'd be fucking fuming, primarily with the player, but also with his manager for letting the situation get out of control. As far as Mancini's future in concerned, I'm pretty sure he's been given his target for the season and if he achieves it he'll be ok. Remains to be seen whether this week's events have strengthened or weakened us, although if it were my job on the line I'd want Tevez available for selection, because he's a quality player despite his faults.
the Cabal emerges from the undergrowth, leaving its poisonous trail for all to see.

hgblue said:

Tevez is a ****, who should never play for City again, blaming Tevez actions on Mancini is stupid.

Tevez is at fault here nobody else.

tevez should have been sold during the summer windows at any price, mancini did his best to let everybody understand it becouse he already knew what happen keeping an important player against his will.

cook fault.

He had it before with players who have won more and were more talented than Tevez a certain Luis Figo comes to mind. Mancini and Viera used to hate it each at one point too.

bback said:
I'm not surprised by Tevez at all, he's always been a prick and something like this was to expect sooner or later this season. At the same time, I am appalled with Mancini's reaction and the way he dealt with Dzeko in public, especially given his proven favouritism of Balotelli.
I was admittedly wrong about Mancini before, I now don't think he'll ever make a good manager at this level. He certainly has a lot of vision, he is a fantastic strategist, but his tactical and man-management skills are nearly non-existent. He would make an excellent club chairman/director, but this is not the right role for him. I hope he realises that himself and moves on, though I doubt that will happen.

The way he keeps getting picked just cos he's his mate makes my blood boil too

oh...

hgblue said:

Your not happy with his handling of Tevez this season and it could have been avoided if he gave him some more game time. When the season started Tevez had barely trained, he wasn't available for selection against Swansea and Edin and Aguero both had good games and both scored in that game

The week after we went to Bolton and rightly so Tevez started on the bench as he was not going to be fully fit and Aguero and Dzeko deservedly start. Dzeko scored in that game and Aguero had a good game in what was a good win, Tevez came on in that game. The game after we played Spurs and Dzeko and Aguero both started on the back of their impressive performances against Swansea and Bolton. Dzeko scored 4 that game and Aguero scored again and played very well. We then played Wigan at home and Dzeko was rested and Tevez was brought in to play alongside Aguero. Tevez missed a penalty, played a few decent passes but in general just did ok whereas Aguero scored a hat trick. Tevez in that game did nothing to suggest he should play the next game against Napoli ahead of Aguero and Dzeko

Neither Aguero and Dzeko played great against Napoli but Mancini obviously felt that they were worthy of another start together against Fulham, in that game Aguero scored two and Dzeko did ok and got an assist for the second goal. After that came Birmingham where Tevez played and again just did ok, missing a one on one towards the end

There could be an argument that he may have started against Bayern but what had he shown in his two previous starts to show that he looked in any sort of form?

Mancini has not treated Tevez badly this season, he's just got players who are in better form and want to play for the club. I know you've never really liked Mancini and i've not seen you post for a long time so not sure on your stance right now but i'm not sure how anyone can think Mancini has treated Tevez badly this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.