Mancini's future

I think we can all relate to the emotion that Mancini showed on Tuesday night,
but some of his anger stemmed from a below-par performance not just the fall-out with Tevez.

City's finances + strength in depth have enabled RM to "exile" Robinho / Bellamy / Adebayor etc where other managers would have been forced to try + forge a working relationship.

There comes a point where you have to squeeze as much value as you can out of a squad (including younger / reserve team players) rather than just run to the transfer market when things aren't working out.

2nd half of Community Shield / last 40 mins vs fulham / last 60 mins vs Bayern Munich - all slightly worrying signs that we lack steel when the going gets a bit tough...but he has got us over the line for CL qualification + winning a cup, so I give him the benefit of the doubt that we are still a work in progress.

Lets not start all that shite again

Right up there now with the great City managers

Even Joe Mercer made unpopular decisions sometime and god knows Big Mal made more

Forza Mancini

LittleStan said:
Even SKY are behind Mancini on this one!
I am 100% behind Mancini on this. It's quite clear cut.

Adebayor is another one who made his own bed. Bridge I don't care about one way or the other. So I'm 100% behind Mancini on these two as well. Bellamy & SWP I'm less sure about, although SWP is showing his weaknesses at QPR.

If the rest of the dressing room is behind him then he's safe as houses and rightly so. But if there are problems with other players that are less public then that could spell trouble. The best way to show there isn't is for the rest of the squad to give 100% and often incidents like this can help that siege mentality we need. However I didn't see that on the pitch in Munich, which worries me a little.

Prestwich_Blue said:
LittleStan said:
Even SKY are behind Mancini on this one!
I am 100% behind Mancini on this. It's quite clear cut.

Adebayor is another one who made his own bed. Bridge I don't care about one way or the other. So I'm 100% behind Mancini on these two as well. Bellamy & SWP I'm less sure about, although SWP is showing his weaknesses at QPR.

If the rest of the dressing room is behind him then he's safe as houses and rightly so. But if there are problems with other players that are less public then that could spell trouble. The best way to show there isn't is for the rest of the squad to give 100% and often incidents like this can help that siege mentality we need. However I didn't see that on the pitch in Munich, which worries me a little.
What fall out did he have with SWP and bridge?

Tevez saved Mancini job last season, who will save him this season ?

Tevez starts 80 games for City
Scored 53
Assist 16

Which means in his 80 starts, he scored or created a goal 69 times !
A number that will never be broken here.

Tevez City said:

Scored 53
Assist 16

I knew your English was better than you were letting on...

I hope Mancini stays but I think he is a bloody nut case. He is a nice man on camera and probably in person ... but... he's not been able to handle/trick/smoose or whatever it is that crafty managers do to manager difficult individuals a lot of players which has wasted a lot of money and a lot of time. Robinho, Adebayor and Tevez are the most noteable to cease to play for us under strange circumstances. You can say they are dicks but many professional players are dicks and play on regardless. And then there are the fringe players like Bellamy and SWP who faded away when arguably they could still have added value. It's a mess. It's not all the players' fault imo. And at the same time it's not the end of the world. No one is dead and life goes on. We are better today than 6 months ago so he's not crap obviously but he is a bit nuts if you askl me. If there was better out there I'd want them but I don't think there is. He's our manager for good and for bad. At least he's keeping Typical City alive for us :-)

Scooby Blue said:
I think we can all relate to the emotion that Mancini showed on Tuesday night,
but some of his anger stemmed from a below-par performance not just the fall-out with TeveCity's finances + strength in depth have enabled RM to "exile" Robinho / Bellamy / Adebayor etc where other managers would have been forced to try + forge a working relationship.

There comes a point where you have to squeeze as much value as you can out of a squad (including younger / reserve team players) rather than just run to the transfer market when things aren't working out.

2nd half of Community Shield / last 40 mins vs fulham / last 60 mins vs Bayern Munich - all slightly worrying signs that we lack steel when the going gets a bit tough...but he has got us over the line for CL qualification + winning a cup, so I give him the benefit of the doubt that we are still a work in progress.

LittleStan, please note.

TonyM said:
I hope Mancini stays but I think he is a bloody nut case. He is a nice man on camera and probably in person ... but... he's not been able to handle/trick/smoose or whatever it is that crafty managers do to manager difficult individuals a lot of players which has wasted a lot of money and a lot of time. Robinho, Adebayor and Tevez are the most noteable to cease to play for us under strange circumstances. You can say they are dicks but many professional players are dicks and play on regardless. And then there are the fringe players like Bellamy and SWP who faded away when arguably they could still have added value. It's a mess. It's not all the players' fault imo. And at the same time it's not the end of the world. No one is dead and life goes on. We are better today than 6 months ago so he's not crap obviously but he is a bit nuts if you askl me. If there was better out there I'd want them but I don't think there is. He's our manager for good and for bad. At least he's keeping Typical City alive for us :-)

Well said.

Tevez City said:

Scored 53
Assist 16

Aguero (who is a better footballer than Tevez) and Dzeko have better goal ratios so far this season than Tevez has had in his time at City so there is your answer most likely. Balotelli has 2 goals as well. Relying on one player is never healthy, having three reliable forwards is much better. And we often played with Tevez as the only striker so everything was about him.

I find it outrageous that people question Mancini after what he has done and what he is doing. Look at this you fickle people.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.premierleague.com/page/LeagueTables/0,,12306,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premierleague.com/page/Leagu ... 06,00.html</a>

Who would you have replace him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.