Mancini's future

SWP's back said:
What fall out did he have with SWP and bridge?
It was well reported that Bridge was one of the ring-leaders of the early anti-Mancini revolts. SWP was clearly frozen out but, as I pointed out, there are significant weaknesses in his play. However he was costing us very little to keep so we must assume there was a personality clash of some sort. Onuoha was another who clearly felt badly done to by Mancini.

TonyM said:
I hope Mancini stays but I think he is a bloody nut case. He is a nice man on camera and probably in person ... but... he's not been able to handle/trick/smoose or whatever it is that crafty managers do to manager difficult individuals a lot of players which has wasted a lot of money and a lot of time. Robinho, Adebayor and Tevez are the most noteable to cease to play for us under strange circumstances. You can say they are dicks but many professional players are dicks and play on regardless. And then there are the fringe players like Bellamy and SWP who faded away when arguably they could still have added value. It's a mess. It's not all the players' fault imo. And at the same time it's not the end of the world. No one is dead and life goes on. We are better today than 6 months ago so he's not crap obviously but he is a bit nuts if you askl me. If there was better out there I'd want them but I don't think there is. He's our manager for good and for bad. At least he's keeping Typical City alive for us :-)

a) TBH the money was wasted by who signed that kind of unreliable players.

b) mancini has been got for bring City to the excellence , but if you believe you can go to compete with the real madrid and the barca of this world keeping the bellamy and the SWP i'd say mancini is hopeless with you

Prestwich_Blue said:
LittleStan said:
Even SKY are behind Mancini on this one!
I am 100% behind Mancini on this. It's quite clear cut.

Adebayor is another one who made his own bed. Bridge I don't care about one way or the other. So I'm 100% behind Mancini on these two as well. Bellamy & SWP I'm less sure about, although SWP is showing his weaknesses at QPR.

If the rest of the dressing room is behind him then he's safe as houses and rightly so. But if there are problems with other players that are less public then that could spell trouble. The best way to show there isn't is for the rest of the squad to give 100% and often incidents like this can help that siege mentality we need. However I didn't see that on the pitch in Munich, which worries me a little.

^^ I think this is key + lets hope it starts at Blackburn on Saturday.

City's team is a mixture of honest triers (Barry / Milner / Lescott / Zabaleta etc) and "star quality" players (Silva / nasri / yaya / aguero / balotelli etc)

From the star quality list: the only one I see who seems to care 24/7 is Silva.
Yaya seems to have 1 good game then 3 mediocre ones (where he doesn't really seem 100% on his game)...and its a bit early to judge Nasri + Aguero (but I can hear faint alarm bells in the distance already about Nasri).

When I see Yaya / Nasri / Aguero (+ even AJ) all busting a gut collectively to drag us back into a game...then I will feel confident that RM has got the dressing room behind him....and that we are destined for great things with him as manager.

He's already one of the most successful managers we've ever had. FA Cup in his first full year, champions league football too and we are well on target to bring home the title this year.

The Champions league is a new adventure for us which we can't be expected to succeed in straight away... Look at the scum, finalists last year yet have only managed a point in 2 games and they should of lost last night! Their group is a walk in the park group compared to ours.

By all means we could easily beat Villareal home and away, beat Napoli and then get a point at least against Munich at home, that puts us in the knockout rounds. It's football though lads, we played last night a team that's won the Champions league and gets to the final nearly every other year, the odds are that we'll lose somewhere along the line. They showed us that they are a very good side but the first 30 minutes also showed that we are getting there!

Mancini's handled the Tevez situation exactly how any of us would, Mancini is the manager and Tevez should do what he says, if not then he's out on his arse. Along with the rest of them, it doesn't matter how much they get paid and that's exactly the message he put down last night.

Scooby Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
LittleStan said:
Even SKY are behind Mancini on this one!

Adebayor is another one who made his own bed. Bridge I don't care about one way or the other. So I'm 100% behind Mancini on these two as well. Bellamy & SWP I'm less sure about, although SWP is showing his weaknesses at QPR.

If the rest of the dressing room is behind him then he's safe as houses and rightly so. But if there are problems with other players that are less public then that could spell trouble. The best way to show there isn't is for the rest of the squad to give 100% and often incidents like this can help that siege mentality we need. However I didn't see that on the pitch in Munich, which worries me a little.

City's team is a mixture of honest triers (Barry / Milner / Lescott / Zabaleta etc) and "star quality" players (Silva / nasri / yaya / aguero / balotelli etc)

Yaya seems to have 1 good game then 3 mediocre ones (where he doesn't really seem 100% on his game)...and its a bit early to judge Nasri + Aguero (but I can hear faint alarm bells in the distance already about Nasri).

When I see Yaya / Nasri / Aguero (+ even AJ) all busting a gut collectively to drag us back into a game...then I will feel confident that RM has got the dressing room behind him....and that we are destined for great things with him as manager.
And as I said in the blog, I was proud of our performance against Everton as it showed the grit & guts we need. I want that again on Saturday.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Scooby Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

And as I said in the blog, I was proud of our performance against Everton as it showed the grit & guts we need. I want that again on Saturday.

Indeed the Everton game the way it was going was one we'd be frustrated and been able to score in last year, this time we got a goal and finished it off. That's my one game in the upcoming fixture list i had down as a draw, can see us battering Blackburn, need a good reaction to last night for the fans.

I'm not surprised by Tevez at all, he's always been a prick and something like this was to expect sooner or later this season. At the same time, I am appalled with Mancini's reaction and the way he dealt with Dzeko in public, especially given his proven favouritism of Balotelli.

I was admittedly wrong about Mancini before, I now don't think he'll ever make a good manager at this level. He certainly has a lot of vision, he is a fantastic strategist, but his tactical and man-management skills are nearly non-existent. He would make an excellent club chairman/director, but this is not the right role for him. I hope he realises that himself and moves on, though I doubt that will happen.

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
It was well reported that Bridge was one of the ring-leaders of the early anti-Mancini revolts. SWP was clearly frozen out but, as I pointed out, there are significant weaknesses in his play. However he was costing us very little to keep so we must assume there was a personality clash of some sort. Onuoha was another who clearly felt badly done to by Mancini.
You could not be further from the truth about SWP being frozen out. He simply ws not picked often as he isn't very good. Mancini has been nothing but complementary about SWP the person. The same with Bridge. They just aren't good enough.

Onuoha, like many that have had problems thought Mancini was gone after 6 months and acted foolishly.

You make me laugh. What does the manager have to do to get your support?

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
You could not be further from the truth about SWP being frozen out. He simply ws not picked often as he isn't very good. Mancini has been nothing but complementary about SWP the person. The same with Bridge. They just aren't good enough.

Onuoha, like many that have had problems thought Mancini was gone after 6 months and acted foolishly.

You make me laugh. What does the manager have to do to get your support?
shit gold, but then they would complain it is too heavy.

trouble.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.