Mancio to crack the whip?

Lancet Fluke said:
Absolutely. The complete opposite of Mourinho leaving Inter when apparently senior players were in bits.

I've bored everyone on the forum for tears for three years now about it, but Mancini is not a leader of men. Never has been, never will be. And this club, with all of it's egos, all of it's criticisms and all of it's ambition, needs an inspirational leader to unite the whole club. To instil a team ethos, a walk-through-walls attitude, a confidence, a swagger.

SMG said:
I think we'll admit that this season we are not quite at the level of last season. That may have something to do with teams figuring us out and Tevez not firing to give us the additional cushion we needed in terms of goals per game (Sergio can't do it all by himself and no other forward has come in to do it).

Across town they are a little better this season probably due 100% to RvP.

The rest of the Premiership are still where they were.

It wouln't take much to turn it around but I'm not quite sure we can find that little bit to do it this season. Thus the FA Cup is all we have unless RvP the injury which he seems to have had in every other season bar this one.

Let's be positive guys!

One man's being positive is another man's "burying heads in the sand".

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Absolutely. The complete opposite of Mourinho leaving Inter when apparently senior players were in bits.

I've bored everyone on the forum for tears for three years now about it, but Mancini is not a leader of men. Never has been, never will be. And this club, with all of it's egos, all of it's criticisms and all of it's ambition, needs an inspirational leader to unite the whole club. To instil a team ethos, a walk-through-walls attitude, a confidence, a swagger.

But have we left it too late in appointing Mourinho?

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:

How did we ever win anything with him in charge? [rolls eyes]

The changes are obvious anyway.

Panti for Hart has been the same for FA cup games. Kompany and Nasty will come in at CB. Rodwell will get a game... Milner instead of Nasri and Tevez will play if he's back.

I agree with some of the above things are not right and Mancini won't be here come the summer.

Ray78 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Well I really, really hope not. We should be moving hell or high water to appoint him. What a missed opportunity it would be if we let him go elsewhere. My concern would be the pull of London, but he's a bright man and only a fool would choose to have Abramovich as a club owner ahead of Mansour.

I have everything crossed. But if we don't get him, there are others out there.

The cookie monster said:
levets said:
Didsbury Dave said:
We were told in no uncertain terms that part of ADUG's recruitment strategy was to compile huge dossiers on players temperaments and proffessionalism. Last year you could actually see in their detirmination that this was paying dividends.

And now we're getting told by some of Mancini's most desperate defenders to sack them all.

Hilarious. If he's lost the player's confidence then rest assured he's finished. I strongly suspect he has to be honest.

I think the bell is tolling....

Coming from a clown who wants mancini sacked a.s.a.p

What the hell are you on about? Are you quoting the wrong post?

Ray78 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Who said he wanted to come. Or are we all just assuming he will turn up on the doorstep in the summer. Remember, there were a significant number of people who believed the solution was Guardiola and he was nailed on in the summer because of our recruitment of the two Barca guys. We're not playing FM here and i think its arrogant to assume that Mourinho is busting a gut to be here. I'll make a bold prediction here and say the manager will be here next season, i think he has earnt it, just hope the club support him addressing the frailties in our squad in the summer, they didn't last summer.

In the time I have been cheering City I believe Joe Mercer was the best and most successful manager City ever had, and Roberto Mancini has been the most successful manager in recent years. But I suffered thru that long gap between our two championship wins from 1968 to 2012, so I am prepared to be patient a little longer for a year or two for our next championship.
Someone has to answer for the shambolic performance on Saturday, but Roberto must take most of the blame himself before he publicly beats up on his players. Roberto is frustrating sometimes, tactically naïve frequently mis-using his talented squad on starters and subs, extravagant signings and wages on players that don’t always work out. But he has brought us 2 major trophies and European football in 3 seasons, and forced them to take down that banner at OT, so not bad so far. Onwards and upwards.

In the 27 years Fergie has been United manager, how many managers have come and gone at other top English clubs? In the same time look at the count elsewhere:
City had 18 managers, but ignoring 3 caretaker-managers it is only 15, an average of a new manager every 1.8 years. So up until recently we can see what instability does for you (or not as the case may be). RM has beaten that average and brought us 2 trophies. At last we have a realistic patient owner who has invested for the long haul.
Spurs had 22 managers, more if you count co-managers, an average of a new manager every 1.2 years. So even today with an impatient owner anyone can see what instability does for you. Do we want to copy that model? I hope not.
Chelsea had 17 managers, but if you ignore 3 caretaker-managers it is only 14, an average of a new manager every 1.9 years, and the average under Abramovic is less than 1 year and they have had several seasons with 2 managers. So even today with an impatient owner anyone can see what instability does for you. Do we want to copy that model? I hope not.
Liverpool had 9 managers, but changing rapidly in the recent past. So even today with an impatient owner anyone can see what instability does for you. Do we want to copy that model? I hope not.
Arsenal had 6 managers, so anyone can see what stability does for you, always qualifying for Europe.

Didsbury Dave said:
Ray78 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Well I really, really hope not. We should be moving hell or high water to appoint him. What a missed opportunity it would be if we let him go elsewhere. My concern would be the pull of London, but he's a bright man and only a fool would choose to have Abramovich as a club owner ahead of Mansour.

I have everything crossed. But if we don't get him, there are others out there.

well because he is the epitome of professionalism when he and his side end up throwing off the league to be 16 points behind Barca halfway through this season, that is also completely unacceptable and this forum would be hardly different if we were in Real's position at the moment, the CL is not a guarantee and even if he wins it his professionalism has to come into question and has to be a concern because Abu Dhabi will not take kindly to the club's image being sullied and league campaigns being thrown away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.