Mancio to crack the whip?

Sounds like the lunatics are running the asylum. I know most of you posting on here are Mancini outers, nothing wrong with that, everybody entitled to their opinion, not that i necessarily agree mind. But are some of you seriously of the view that the players downed tools against a manager who has won us the FA Cup and Premier League? Seriously? I'm absolutely flabbergasted people would seriously put that forward as fact. The players and, yes, the manager, had a serious off day on Saturday, but to suggest other forces were at work as a consequence of this i frankly laughable. Jesus wept.

Really hope he means it and is gonna have a good look at his own mistakes. He's promised change already this season then stuck with the same slow 442 formation.

Jus seems a bit out-dated.

Bobby always encourages players to improve/develop and try harder but i think we need to see some of that from him right now. Come on Bob... go out fightin!

mostonbluemark said:
Sounds like the lunatics are running the asylum. I know most of you posting on here are Mancini outers, nothing wrong with that, everybody entitled to their opinion, not that i necessarily agree mind. But are some of you seriously of the view that the players downed tools against a manager who has won us the FA Cup and Premier League? Seriously? I'm absolutely flabbergasted people would seriously put that forward as fact. The players and, yes, the manager, had a serious off day on Saturday, but to suggest other forces were at work as a consequence of this i frankly laughable. Jesus wept.
Welcome to Bluemoon.

The Man With The Stick said:
Really hope he means it and is gonna have a good look at his own mistakes. He's promised change already this season then stuck with the same slow 442 formation.

Jus seems a bit out-dated.

Bobby always encourages players to improve/develop and try harder but i think we need to see some of that from him right now. Come on Bob... go out fightin!
we haven't played 442 in any game since hes been manager

mostonbluemark said:

I think this "downed tools" thing being banded around is a simplification. I don't think the players ever go out their with an intention to play badly. There is too much at stake.

But a team is a team, and a manager is a part of that team. If there are divisions, and a lack of belief, then poor performances result. That's what it looks like to me at the moment. A squad who have lost confidence in their own management's abilities to get the best from them. I'd say it's been there all season, with Saturday being the big watershed.

And what that happens, if it has, issuing mass bollockings and public criticism isn't usually the way out of it.

mostonbluemark said:
But are some of you seriously of the view that the players downed tools against a manager who has won us the FA Cup and Premier League?
So the players had nothing to do with winning the FA Cup and the League? Well maybe those players think that the manager is a hindrance rather than a help. Maybe they're sick to the back teeth of his methods and the fact he never talks to them and drops players who are playing well while having his favourites in the team week after week when they don't justify it.

Prestwich_Blue said:
mostonbluemark said:
But are some of you seriously of the view that the players downed tools against a manager who has won us the FA Cup and Premier League?
So the players had nothing to do with winning the FA Cup and the League? Well maybe those players think that the manager is a hindrance rather than a help. Maybe they're sick to the back teeth of his methods and the fact he never talks to them and drops players who are playing well while having his favourites in the team week after week when they don't justify it.
Welcome to football. Seriously that's every manager... and a primary reason that most managers don't last more than 3-5 years even when doing well.

mostonbluemark said:

I am not saying the performance was in protest against what RM has or hasn't done overtime or in recent days and its fair to say as some have said that the players just caved in under the pressure that chasing the gap creates if you are serious about keeping yourself in the picture so to speak.

Truth is we don't know and the players have to answer to that.

Often you draw the wrong conclusions on what you observe.

Football is not an exact science.

What I do know is the players didn't turn up to play whatsoever and the reactions to howlers and other events that took place were bizarre to say the least.

Kicking the football into each other on numerous occasions , misplaced passes at every opportunity , no organisation , no positional play , no game plan , letting Southampton have complete control of the midfield , no pressing when we didn't have the ball etc etc etc.

It was far more than a bad day at the office.

Every player to a tee was just not bothered to do even the basics when it came to competing and for a side challenging for the title its quite bizarre.

The performance against Southampton was dire. However I have been waiting for a few seasons to watch Joe let one through his legs. I have often said that the way he catches the ball leaves him open to doing it. As good as Joleon was last year alongside Vinny whenever anybody else played alongside him he looked shaky and the same has happened this year. As long as night follows day, Garcia will not be a centre half and Zabs has looked exhausted for the past few games. The fact that Maicon and Micah have been injured has meant he hasn't been rotated and even though he has played out of his skin I think it wasone game too many. Barry struggles when playing with Yaya, and Nasri Silva in the same midfield leaves us too vulnerable to a counter attack as neither of them are what I consider ball winning players. Jimmy was unlucky to be dropped as he gives us a drive and energy that nobody else can. Personally I would like to see Yaya play off Aguero up front and Milner put into the centre with Barry. We desperately need genuine width and a bit of pace going forward. As Champions we should have strengthened but for whatever reason the only signing in my opinion that has been successful was Nasty and he has probably played more games than any of us thought. Jury is out on Garcia and Maicon, Rodwell has hardly played and Sinclair I am convinced was only signed for the British quota we require. It will be interesting to see whether he plays against Leeds. Panty will replace Joe but that was probably planned and hopefully Vinny wil be back. Still not sure why Kolo didn't play centre half on Saturday but that is all hidtory. We need to play for pride now and ensure that the gap doesn't get any bigger and we finish in second place. Sort out summer transfers early in July and go again. Remember that it has only been a couple of years that we have even dreamt about challenging for the league and normally we are only bothered about reaching 40 points. We have come a long way very quickly and we should expect a few bumps along the way. Keep the faith!

Prestwich_Blue said:
mostonbluemark said:

PB, i have the utmost respect for you as a poster. Enjoy reading the vast majority of your posts as being informative, concise and balanced. So i'm surprised that you have come to the view that the players chose not to play for him. The same players didn't have that issue last season did they? Saturday was disappointing, i was as sick as anyone else at what happened. But put it into perspective, it was our third defeat of the season. Theres no doubt we have struggled this season trying to defend the title, i include the manager in that as well, but to suggest its a relationship issue between the manager and the players doesn't hold any water.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.