Mancio to crack the whip?

Those so called senior players who wants Bobby sacked should be the ones first in line to exit door.Why don't they show that kind of responsibility on the pitch?
Cancers !(see Chelsea )

moomba said:
NipHolmes said:
moomba said:
Depends how the rest of the season pans out. Win the cup, or fight back in the league (not necessarily winning it) and I think he'll be safe for next year.

Get knocked out of the cup and continue to struggle in the league and he will be on thin ice at the end of this season.

If he is still here I wouldn't think he'd survive another champions league failure. And the pressure for immediate improvements in league results and performances will be there as well.

Isn't that delaying the inevitable somewhat?

If we wait for next years CL campaign we are doubling away another season as we will be looking for replacement mid season when there's no preseason etc, also harms our domestic league chances.

But you're presuming that he isn't capable of turning things around. I believe he is.

Ok let's go with him being the man then.

We sell Kola, Lescott, Tevez, Dzeko and let go of Kolo, Bridge and RSC.
We bring in replacements at a sizeable cost.

He fails to get out of Europe group stages.

What then? Sack him or wait till summer again?

If we 'stick' and he fails we've not only wasted a season but we lose out on all the outgoing spends (New manager likely to want x, y, z player, his players). Surely that'd be a bigger travesty than doing so now? If we replace this season we give the kitty to a replacement instead of Mancini and then maybe sell some on to take for next manager?

Imo its good timing this season, clear deadwood from payroll and go again next season. New manager, new players, new philosophy, new chapter.

chicagoblues said:
Those so called senior players who wants Bobby sacked should be the ones first in line to exit door.Why don't they show that kind of responsibility on the pitch?
Cancers !(see Chelsea )

They are keeping Terry, Lampard, Cech and Cole.

Lancet Fluke said:
Stood in The South Stand said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Just had a very similar phone conversation with a blue mate. You can tell a mile off that the players have lost confidence in him. It seems to me like things may have happened behind the scenes, and this latest media rant appears to be part of it. He's like Alan Ball in his last few weeks, blaming the players en masse.

My great hope, as I've said before, is that our new top brass are football people, unlike Khaldoon, and will have already seen through Mancini, his unbalanced squad, his odd selections and substitutions and the constant week-on-week underperformance from this group of players. They will know that hanging players out to dry publicly is not the way to motivate them.

My mate also gave me an interesting theory, and he knows his football well(used to be a professional player). He says that he believes Mancini is not making the subs any more, it's Platt, writing down changes and bringing them to Mancini for approval. He believes Mancini has lost all confidence in himself. Interesting theory.

If he's right, then we have to get him out of the club now. Not tomorrow, now.

Your posts are tiresome, I get the feeling you're happy the way this season's going and will be hoping Leeds win on Sunday, you don't support this club.

That is a complete and utter assumption on your part. Just because someone has a different opinion on what is best for the club doen't mean they don't have the best interests of the club at heart.

After reading his posts for the last 2 years, I can say he doesn't support this club (support being the key word.)

chicagoblues said:
Cancers !(see Chelsea )
I agree. If anybody set out halfarsed or sabotaged us then fuck em off.

No place in football for stands like that.

truebluetoronto said:
In the time I have been cheering City I believe Joe Mercer was the best and most successful manager City ever had, and Roberto Mancini has been the most successful manager in recent years. But I suffered thru that long gap between our two championship wins from 1968 to 2012, so I am prepared to be patient a little longer for a year or two for our next championship.
Someone has to answer for the shambolic performance on Saturday, but Roberto must take most of the blame himself before he publicly beats up on his players. Roberto is frustrating sometimes, tactically naïve frequently mis-using his talented squad on starters and subs, extravagant signings and wages on players that don’t always work out. But he has brought us 2 major trophies and European football in 3 seasons, and forced them to take down that banner at OT, so not bad so far. Onwards and upwards.

In the 27 years Fergie has been United manager, how many managers have come and gone at other top English clubs? In the same time look at the count elsewhere:
City had 18 managers, but ignoring 3 caretaker-managers it is only 15, an average of a new manager every 1.8 years. So up until recently we can see what instability does for you (or not as the case may be). RM has beaten that average and brought us 2 trophies. At last we have a realistic patient owner who has invested for the long haul.
Spurs had 22 managers, more if you count co-managers, an average of a new manager every 1.2 years. So even today with an impatient owner anyone can see what instability does for you. Do we want to copy that model? I hope not.
Chelsea had 17 managers, but if you ignore 3 caretaker-managers it is only 14, an average of a new manager every 1.9 years, and the average under Abramovic is less than 1 year and they have had several seasons with 2 managers. So even today with an impatient owner anyone can see what instability does for you. Do we want to copy that model? I hope not.
Liverpool had 9 managers, but changing rapidly in the recent past. So even today with an impatient owner anyone can see what instability does for you. Do we want to copy that model? I hope not.
Arsenal had 6 managers, so anyone can see what stability does for you, always qualifying for Europe.

Exactly.

The age of success is only just upon us and we reduced in fighting when a couple of games don't go according to plan. One minute we're having a go at clubs (like us) where there has been a revolving door of managers the next we're doing the same.

Obviously a lot hark on about the long term, stability, loyalty etc etc but it soon goes out of the window. The owners keep saying they are in this for the long term. 2nd in the league and still in the FA Cup with the Premiership and FA Cup just in the bag. 4 years ago we were still dreaming about this.....

Simon

NipHolmes said:
chicagoblues said:
Cancers !(see Chelsea )
I agree. If anybody set out halfarsed or sabotaged us then fuck em off.

No place in football for stands like that.

Bobby's going to need 200 million every two years if that's the case ... because these "cancers" are players he bought. The players with balls not big enough are players he bought.

Part of the reason for Txiki is that managerial changes don't mean wholesale changes of the playing staff.

As for the rest, you could say the same about any manager. What happens if it doesnt work out?

Lancet Fluke said:
Your posts are tiresome, I get the feeling you're happy the way this season's going and will be hoping Leeds win on Sunday, you don't support this club.

That is a complete and utter assumption on your part. Just because someone has a different opinion on what is best for the club doen't mean they don't have the best interests of the club at heart.

After reading his posts for the last 2 years, I can say he doesn't support this club (support being the key word.)

I wouldn't want to speak for DD but I'm pretty sure he doesn't want City to lose. I think he went down to Southampton on Saturday, I doubt he went all that way in the hope of seeing that calamity. FWIW, I think some people on here are more interested in supporting Mancini and making excuses for Mancini than what is best for the club.

Lancet Fluke said:

Hahaha. Here we go.

Hell hath no fury like an Angry Happy Clapper ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.