Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor signings playing at their normal level coupled with great players not putting it in mean our level of play is susbstandard. Not all down to the manager.

de niro said:
The cookie monster said:
de niro said:
on the money.
This was all said two years ago yet posters on here were adamant they are professional sportsman and they wouldn't do such a thing
It was the manager who was at fault he's at the helm to motivate them, that was the line they constantly used, now its their fault though........

i didn't. i said at the time we should hoof the lot of them, can't have the tail wagging the dog. i even said they will do it to the next guy and they have.
problem for mancini is the chairman and co came fown on the side of the players, this time pellers is thier own man. lets see how this one pans out.
I know you did, lots of us said the players were at fault & we were fuckin lambasted for it............

alib said:
Changes the defence far far too much

You never see Chelsea mess about with their back 4?

Agree. That is one of the reasons why Chelsea have the points on the board; back five stays the same and then simply rotate a couple of the players in front of them every game. Injuries, suspensions, fixtures, and tiredness will catch up with them, but we still need to be in touching distance when that happens. If we continue to rotate so often, I fear we will leave ourselves too much to do in the spring.

de niro said:
The cookie monster said:
de niro said:
on the money.
This was all said two years ago yet posters on here were adamant they are professional sportsman and they wouldn't do such a thing
It was the manager who was at fault he's at the helm to motivate them, that was the line they constantly used, now its their fault though........

i didn't. i said at the time we should hoof the lot of them, can't have the tail wagging the dog. i even said they will do it to the next guy and they have.
problem for mancini is the chairman and co came fown on the side of the players, this time pellers is thier own man. lets see how this one pans out.

Excellent point, we all know the players who put it in game after game, they will not be in danger. For me the rest can do one. The problem with your 'their man' comment is that the shit signings are also theirs.

moomba said:
cleavers said:
mancity1 said:
I think he was referring to Harry's 4-4-2 stacked up against our 4-4-2.
Is that why he refers to 4-3-2-1 for QPR, and 4-3-2-1 for City in the post ?
Looked more a 4-2-3-1 than a 4-3-2-1..
I don't really care, because all along I've been of the opinion that what ever combination of 4's 3's 2's and 1's we play, its got far more to do with how the players are playing than anything else. Currently that's shit, barring one or two, and no fannying about with formations is going to change that fact, a few need to take some responsibility.

Also I was referring to a post higher up that suggested that the change of formation was wrong despite the clamour for weeks to play this way, by the bluemoon managers club, now suddenly its also wrong.

Not sure why but I am feeling quite calm about the whole managerial situation and team today.
Just got a feeling that the players now know what is at stake.
Swansea,Bayern Southampton are now crucial games in the tenure of Pellegrinio and the future of a number of players.
I am just going to get fully behind the team and manager. My opinions are known and they won't change but I actually felt sorry for him on reflection.
2 week break,hopefully Silva,Vinny can come back into the fold.

I think Pellegrini does not understand the Premier league completely, on a ground like QPR with 2 Brazillians in the middle, in Monsoon conditions, Milner should've started, but that's another lesson, hopefully learnt,!
When we won the title first time, we has a similar wet night at QPR, but we had Silva on form, as well as Yaya in his prime, that was a close won 3-2, but for Aguero, Milner and Yaya turning the screw in the last 15, we'd not be coming away with a point, from a game we should've won.

Still not far off last year points wise, but performance wise, I think we are badly suffering Silva's absence, Yaya's form has started to show signs of recovery, but we do not have the squad players who can step in, and take the likes of Zaba's place, just yet, Mangala showed some improvement, even though he made mistakes.

I've written of the title this year, I can't see Chelsea and Mourinho letting the title slip, unless Costa gets a serious injury along with Hazard that is.

If we can step in the transfer market in Jan, I think we might have to, if we are within touching distance of Chelsea that is.
The biggest issue, is no cover for Silva or Aguero, where are the goals going to come from if he gets injured? And who is going to drag this team up to the coat tails of Chelsea?

I agree to an extent about formations, although I think the one we played yesterday was closer to the one that I think makes best use of the players we have. But when you have individuals playing like ours are you are going struggle regardless of the formation you play.

For me the midfield wasnt particularly effective as Yaya was used more as an attacking player so much was left to Fernando, and Fernandinho who are both out of form. Particularly when teams break on us Yaya is nowhere to be seen so for me I'd have him sit deeper and pick and choose his moments to get forward. Think we'd be a lot more solid, and wouldnt lose out much going forward.

Bayern will be interesting as I think we'll pack the midfield, but without Yaya we might have three workers in there as opposed to the one or two we usually have.

Yes, even thought it's been forced on us, it will be interesting to see how our midfield shapes up without Yaya. He's a wonderful player, but so far the midfield just isn't performing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.