Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
I agree to an extent about formations, although I think the one we played yesterday was closer to the one that I think makes best use of the players we have. But when you have individuals playing like ours are you are going struggle regardless of the formation you play.

For me the midfield wasnt particularly effective as Yaya was used more as an attacking player so much was left to Fernando, and Fernandinho who are both out of form. Particularly when teams break on us Yaya is nowhere to be seen so for me I'd have him sit deeper and pick and choose his moments to get forward. Think we'd be a lot more solid, and wouldnt lose out much going forward.

Bayern will be interesting as I think we'll pack the midfield, but without Yaya we might have three workers in there as opposed to the one or two we usually have.

I just dont think the midfield "triangle" of Yaya, Fernando, Fernandhino works. They all want to play centrally, none of them helps the full backs. At no stage yesterday did it look as if City had the extra man in midfield. Too often yesterday Fernando and Fernandhino were about 10m apart one in front of the other.

We need someone to play the Gareth Barry role, to add balance to the midfield.

cibaman said:
moomba said:
I agree to an extent about formations, although I think the one we played yesterday was closer to the one that I think makes best use of the players we have. But when you have individuals playing like ours are you are going struggle regardless of the formation you play.

For me the midfield wasnt particularly effective as Yaya was used more as an attacking player so much was left to Fernando, and Fernandinho who are both out of form. Particularly when teams break on us Yaya is nowhere to be seen so for me I'd have him sit deeper and pick and choose his moments to get forward. Think we'd be a lot more solid, and wouldnt lose out much going forward.

Bayern will be interesting as I think we'll pack the midfield, but without Yaya we might have three workers in there as opposed to the one or two we usually have.

I just dont think the midfield "triangle" of Yaya, Fernando, Fernandhino works. They all want to play centrally, none of them helps the full backs. At no stage yesterday did it look as if City had the extra man in midfield. Too often yesterday Fernando and Fernandhino were about 10m apart one in front of the other.

We need someone to play the Gareth Barry role, to add balance to the midfield.

All 3 firing and on form would be formidable but we have all 3 half baked and half arsed right now, thats the problem.

Think they can work as a three but that one will also have to learn to carry the ball and drive forward. What we saw yesterday was both sitting in the middle and passing the ball to Toure who was receiving the ball with his back to goal and immediately surrounded by players. Fernando should sit and Fernandinho should drive, and if he's incapable of doing that bit, get Milner in there instead. He might no be good enough to do it domestically in a two-man midfield, but he should manage with a three.

cibaman said:

I think Yaya played too far forward to be considered part of a 3. That meant that the dedending in midfield was left to the two Ferns, who didnt really look up to it. That may have been a case of instructions, but I think with a bit of tweaking the three could work together.

spanishblue said:
Time to put PV in beside him ?

Not convinced. Would send out the wrong signals regarding MP's position, and then he could end up by default in the hot seat. Could you imagine the furore if he were overseeing the current run of form? The press would have a field day ('inexperienced', 'out of his depth', 'too much too soon') let alone the server problems on here.

de niro said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Not sure why but I am feeling quite calm about the whole managerial situation and team today.
Just got a feeling that the players now know what is at stake.
Swansea,Bayern Southampton are now crucial games in the tenure of Pellegrinio and the future of a number of players.
I am just going to get fully behind the team and manager. My opinions are known and they won't change but I actually felt sorry for him on reflection.
2 week break,hopefully Silva,Vinny can come back into the fold.

every time i see silva mentioned i think why the fuck did pellers play him in the league cup. seriously fucking madness.

because he thinks it is "important" to win all competitions.

I was pleased with how much more control we had with the 3 man midfield. We had unreal possession stats for much of the game, especially first half. Same again next time please.

I think we've got klopp lined up for next season and he's already been told. My reason, and it's a very large stab in the dark, is look at how city and dortmund are playing at the moment. Both with no confidence, both edgy, both with the look of a team that know something is going on behind the scenes. I know I shouldn't be talking up other teams managers when we got Manuel at the helm but the performances just scream of a team that aren't really trying for their manager. I know I posted last night (with the aid of a skinfull of Guinness) going on about fitness and a shite pre season, maybe that is partly to blame but thinking of it I reckon we've tapped up klopp and the squad know.
Like I said it's a very long shot in the dark but I reckon next we'll have klopp and Reus will follow.
Something has gone catastrophically wrong this season and it shouldn't have, we should have kicked on and be streets ahead of everyone in the league, that's what champions do. Unfortunately we've gone backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.