Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont think we reached rock bottom yet but not far away. Its gonna be the two league games actually really close to each other, Sunday Soton away followed by midweek game, Wednesday night Sunderland away.

This is gonna be rock bottom for Pellegrini as he just wont be able to come up with the gameplan to win these because at these places we simply never win and also because players he cant get into good form wont be able to perform well according to a winning gameplan.

Defence is all about panicking these days, just watch when we lose the ball with unreal inaccurate passing, often a counter comes when last minute tackle is very much needed as we are wide open both in midle and fullbacks simply cannot block crosses. Its up to CB's maybe Fernando to block a good cross otherwise its probably goal. And we face these 5-6 times per game. Even versus QPR.

Lots of panicking from Clichy, Mangala, Fernandinho this season, even Sagna, Kompany too sometimes, its a big mess to be fair. And the most solid actually Demichelis, well he then scores own goal like yesterday...

Soton away +Sunderland away, this is the rock bottom position for us. Probably one loss, one draw and when we say surely Chelsea must have hit a bad patch too, yes just we arent out of ours and will drop many more points too on our own. That just gives more chance toChelsea to drop a few points and still not be in danger of losing their great gap...

But at least we are not far away from rock bottom, after that it must be better, maybe with a new manager from around middle of December.

Danamy said:
de niro said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Not sure why but I am feeling quite calm about the whole managerial situation and team today.
Just got a feeling that the players now know what is at stake.
Swansea,Bayern Southampton are now crucial games in the tenure of Pellegrinio and the future of a number of players.
I am just going to get fully behind the team and manager. My opinions are known and they won't change but I actually felt sorry for him on reflection.
2 week break,hopefully Silva,Vinny can come back into the fold.

every time i see silva mentioned i think why the fuck did pellers play him in the league cup. seriously fucking madness.

Yet you with others moaned when he didn't play a strong team against Wigan last season when we got knocked out the FA cup, he can't win, like I said the vultures are circling, he's under the microscope at the moment.

Yes, but that was a FA Cup Qtr Final around March, whereas this was a game in late October with a couple of very tough and important games coming up straight after. It doesn't take much thinking to realize we needed to rest some of our best players for the more important games coming up.

John.des said:
But at least we are not far away from rock bottom, after that it must be better, maybe with a new manager from around middle of December.

If he doesn't pick up maximum points in his next two league games then his 'trajectory' is going to look very very bad. Worrying parallels to the end of Hughes' reign.

I still can't imagine a mid season sacking though. Would just be such a sad state of affairs. Then again one thing I am an advocate of is that once that decision is made, sack the guy straight away. Don't do what they did with Mancini and leave him in charge for another four/five months just to do it at the end of the season. It'll be messy either way, so once you take the decision, do the deed.

John.des said:
Dont think we reached rock bottom yet but not far away. Its gonna be the two league games actually really close to each other, Sunday Soton away followed by midweek game, Wednesday night Sunderland away.

This is gonna be rock bottom for Pellegrini as he just wont be able to come up with the gameplan to win these because at these places we simply never win and also because players he cant get into good form wont be able to perform well according to a winning gameplan.

Defence is all about panicking these days, just watch when we lose the ball with unreal inaccurate passing, often a counter comes when last minute tackle is very much needed as we are wide open both in midle and fullbacks simply cannot block crosses. Its up to CB's maybe Fernando to block a good cross otherwise its probably goal. And we face these 5-6 times per game. Even versus QPR.

Lots of panicking from Clichy, Mangala, Fernandinho this season, even Sagna, Kompany too sometimes, its a big mess to be fair. And the most solid actually Demichelis, well he then scores own goal like yesterday...

Soton away +Sunderland away, this is the rock bottom position for us. Probably one loss, one draw and when we say surely Chelsea must have hit a bad patch too, yes just we arent out of ours and will drop many more points too on our own. That just gives more chance toChelsea to drop a few points and still not be in danger of losing their great gap...

Thanks for that Mystic Meg. PMSL.. you can predict the future can you?

Having read many of theses MP posts, I am stuck somewhere in the middle of what's his fault and what's down to the players. I read and hear things like it's his first visit to QPR, a small tight pitch, under lights, so shouldn't be playing wide players (Navas). Should play balls behind their defence because Dunnes turning circle is that of a small ship. I remember exactly the same being said of Mancini, when we got out of there with a lucky 2-3.
We are also told, particularly in the early stages of the season, with a new manager, there are no easy games in the Premier League. Forget what they are used to in La Ligue and Serie A this is different. My question is therefore, and I have wondered it for years, is; what exactly is Brian Kidds job? If it isn't to explain QPR and Loftus Road etc, what does this man actually do? I thought he was supposed to do things like that and be a 'bridge' between the manager and players. Well, he is the consistent piece linking this season under MP and the catastrophe that was Robertos finale. The back room staff are a huge part of all this and some of them seem fireproof.

Danamy said:
de niro said:
Not sure why but I am feeling quite calm about the whole managerial situation and team today.
Just got a feeling that the players now know what is at stake.
Swansea,Bayern Southampton are now crucial games in the tenure of Pellegrinio and the future of a number of players.
I am just going to get fully behind the team and manager. My opinions are known and they won't change but I actually felt sorry for him on reflection.
2 week break,hopefully Silva,Vinny can come back into the fold.

every time i see silva mentioned i think why the fuck did pellers play him in the league cup. seriously fucking madness.

Yet you with others moaned when he didn't play a strong team against Wigan last season when we got knocked out the FA cup, he can't win, like I said the vultures are circling, he's under the microscope at the moment.
Strange point that mate.

People weren't happy because Pellers rested players for the away game at Barca. A tie we were never going to turn around

TGR said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
You are asking millionaire footballers to become enforcers under the current manager.
Maybe under Mancini because he was a disciplinarian but sorry Colin Pellegrini is not like that. I cant imagine him bollocking anyone let alone his playing staff..
What we need is for the club to realise that the nicey nicey approach simply isn't working and they need a manager who instills the discipline that is required. It's all about the happy medium,being nice but also being hard when's required.Pellegrini is just to nice I am afraid
The point I was making was that the manager didn't need to hand out rollockings, as his senior players would do it without him getting involved. We could do with 3 or 4 Craig Bellamy's in the dressing room these days as he would let his teammates know what he thought without needing his manager to tell him.

Bloody hell PB you are advocating Craig Bellamy?
He was a cancer in the dressing room and in his own autobiography he admitted he screwed up.
I do hope we have moved on from the Bellamy's of this world.
Our current dressing room has plenty of leaders - Kompany, Hart, Zab, Toure etc but even they need to get their inspiration from somewhere and that's the problem. They are not getting it.
Hence the total lack of confidence and the breakdown in trust with the manager.

It's never Bellamy's fault, It's Rafa's fault, It's Souness fault, It's Gould's fault, it's Rise's fault, It's Robinho's fault, it's Elano's fault, it's Mancini' fault but never Craig's fault.

Eaglechief said:
Danamy said:
de niro said:

Yes, but that was a FA Cup Qtr Final around March, whereas this was a game in late October with a couple of very tough and important games coming up straight after. It doesn't take much thinking to realize we needed to rest some of our best players for the more important games coming up.

Ifs, buts and maybe's............what if he started with Kompany and Silva against Wigan and one of them got injured and we didn't go on to win the league, would that have been acceptable?

Like I said he's under the microscope at the moment and I'm not defending him he's put himself there but when things are going wrong like always people always look for any negative to drive the knife in.

I think this will probably prove to us what type of boardroom we have.

You can excuse the Hughes sacking because he wasn't their man and they gave him time.

You could even excuse the Mancini sacking because he didn't have their approach and they didn't like his management style in the bigger picture.

Sacking Pellegrini 11 games after winning a domestic double would be fucking bullshit. He IS the type of coach they wanted, he DOES play the type of football they want and he HAS the demeanour that they have been advocating for the club for years. He is everything that they want, and on top of that he was highly successful in his first season. If they sack him because he's had a bad little run then I'm done with those two Spanish wankers and their entire "holistic approach".

have all the men gone?

come back mike Doyle.

explain to these bunch of chumps how lucky they are.

all we ask is they match the work rate of these competitors, then the skill will prevail.

RUN ABOUT A BIT MORE PLEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.